Gundam lines that make you cringe

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
"Kamille! Kamille!

Gundam lines that make you cringe

Extremely bad/awkward Gundam lines.

One that immediately comes to mind is "Beam-" / "-saber" from the first Zeta movie (and possibly the series, I don't remember)
ZZ Gundam

Heh, one that comes to mind right away is the first Gundam movie, from the trilogy. During the battle at Side 7, before Amuro boards the Gundam, he exclaims "We're being attacked my an army of roboton invaders!", referring to the Zakus. Literally I was like :shock:
Mecha Gaming Forum A place for mecha friends.
Fritz Ashlyn

In the first MSG movie (I think it's the first one...), Amuro says something to the effect of "I may not like it, but I'm a man!".
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Toxicity

In gundam wing, whenever Relena is talking, I want to cry. I hate her voice.
kfrooster

Everytime they scream each other's name in Gundam SEED.

KIRA!!!

ATHRUN!!!

Honestly, it's unnecesary.
Deus EpS Machina

Toxicity wrote:In gundam wing, whenever Relena is talking, I want to cry. I hate her voice.
more specifically...

*thinks of or looks at Heero
"Heero, hmmm"
Nyan nyan nyan nyan ni hao nyan!~~~
Haros_Pet_Kat

Quattro in the Zeta dub: "Nice shooting, Tex!"

"Kira! Athrun! Kira! Athrun! Kira! Athrun! Kira! Athrun! KAGOMEEEEEEE!!!"

"Why must we fight!?"
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

I actually find that "why must we fight" line funny, cause there usually just fighting anyway :roll:

Not sure if this would count, but in the Japanese version of Gundam SEED, when any charecter starts crying.
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Haros_Pet_Kat

I would have listed Kamille's "Violence is no answer!" line, but it was so hilarious to hear him, of all people, say that, it would have been nearly off-topic to list a line that was funny instead of making me cringe.
Phantomexe87

Any time Lacus Clyne opens her mouth.
"Kamille! Kamille!

ZZ Gundam wrote:Heh, one that comes to mind right away is the first Gundam movie, from the trilogy. During the battle at Side 7, before Amuro boards the Gundam, he exclaims "We're being attacked my an army of roboton invaders!", referring to the Zakus. Literally I was like :shock:
Is this in the dub? I bought the DVD boxset and it only came subbed, and I don't remember the line.
Homeless

Don't remember if it was present in the series itself, but Kamille's "How can you kill people so easily?! DIE!" in Gundam vs Zeta Gundam was a real winner.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
Draco Starcloud

In the first MSG movie, I laughed when Char mentioned how the Gundam's Beam Rifle must work in such a fashion, then Amuro immediately exclaims that he's out of whatever it is Char just mentioned!

Also, Gene calls his machinegun bullets "lasers" when he's trying to kill Gundam.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
Chris
Administrator

[quote=""Kamille! Kamille!"]
ZZ Gundam wrote:Heh, one that comes to mind right away is the first Gundam movie, from the trilogy. During the battle at Side 7, before Amuro boards the Gundam, he exclaims "We're being attacked my an army of roboton invaders!", referring to the Zakus. Literally I was like :shock:
Is this in the dub? I bought the DVD boxset and it only came subbed, and I don't remember the line.[/quote]

Thankfully, that hideous line and others like it are only in the out of print VHS English dub.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
ParaParaJMo

I say whenever Meer tries to convince herself and other people she's really Lacus Clyne.

And I don't like Rau's or Gil's preaching or their beliefs.

I also can't stand Rey's expression when he's happy.

And when you hear Giren talk during Garma's funeral, his movements and speech paterns have Hitler written all over it. (Which is the point but you just wanna say he's full of crap to his face if you lived in that universe).
To see my anime reviews, please go to
http://www.youtube.com/user/paraparajmo
ORegan

when Fraw Bow starting talking in epsidoe 1 of MSG. "Amuro, you're not eating"....seriously, he had every right to slap her if he did. then in the same episode it seriously made me wonder how stupid she is when amuro had to tell her to run to the whitebase instead of that half-assed walk she was doing.

her voice was really annoying everytime she said his name
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
ShadowCell

ORegan wrote:then in the same episode it seriously made me wonder how stupid she is when amuro had to tell her to run to the whitebase instead of that half-assed walk she was doing.
Let's try saying this again after you've had a near death experience that killed your family in one fell swoop.

It's called grief.
kupoartist

UNIVERSE!!!!!
... Pardon, Harry?
Thundermuffin

Any of Cagalli's half-baked speeches in Destiny.

Especially the ones where she's in Strike Rouge and trying to get the Orb military to stand down.

It makes me glad that Shinn told her STFU on the Minerva and then shot at her later on over the ocean in response to these speeches.
EZero8

kupoartist wrote:UNIVERSE!!!!!
... Pardon, Harry?
Hey... I actually liked that line. :P

Anyways, like I've said before, Quattro's line in Char's Counterattack really made me cringe because of the double meaning:

"Where are you Amuro? I'm about to do something very wicked..."

*shudders* :?
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"