Gundam lines that make you cringe

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
UrbanSniper

Another cringe-worthy line, this one from the dub of Char's Counterattack. During Char's speech, he mentions the "Teetahns." (as pronounced, not neccesarily how it was spelled) What?! A mountrain range on earth has attacked Zeon?! How was it even possible to mispronounce "Titans?" Urgh...
Krogoth255

Nicol's famous last words "My mom, My Piano AGHGHGHA!"

It certainly didn't help that the damm scene was recapped like 50 times through the rest of GSEED and GSD.

Corrin in Turn A yelling "GUNDAM!" every time he gets his butt kick.

Michelo's contast rants whatever he fights Domon.

Master Asia's one speech that he made at the beginning of the final rounds of the Gundam Fight. "IF I WIN! I WILL BECOME MASTER OF EAST, WEST, NORTH, SOUTH AND CENTER!" Talk about having the ego trip.
Darn you F-Types!
Dark Duel

Pretty much any time either of the Athhas opened their mouths made me want to kill small animals. I hate both of 'em.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
blaze101
Location: Would say Halle Barry's boudoir, but she had a kid. So, yeah...<_<

Haros_Pet_Kat wrote:"Kira! Athrun! Kira! Athrun! Kira! Athrun! Kira! Athrun! KAGOMEEEEEEE!!!"
OMG, it's so true...........

I don't remember the line specifically, but in CCA, when Amuro was trying to stop Axis from falling and he told all the other MS pilots to high tail it, he kept ranting about [Nu] Gundam's awesome power. I dunno, I thought it was lame on his part.

Also, I didn't like that one line from that African desert rebel in ZZ who screamed out "Death to all French influence." Being Haitian, I found that just a smidge on the offensive side.
ShadowCell

blaze101 wrote:Also, I didn't like that one line from that African desert rebel in ZZ who screamed out "Death to all French influence." Being Haitian, I found that just a smidge on the offensive side.
Was it taking place in Algeria? Because Algeria was a French colony, and not a very happy one.
blaze101

ShadowCell wrote:Was it taking place in Algeria? Because Algeria was a French colony, and not a very happy one.
Actually, I don't know, now that you mention it....guess I'll go do some digging and see what I come up with.

Major Edit*: I didn't find anything on Algeria, but I forgot something.....a lot of those battles take place near Dakar, which is the capital of Senegal. And from what I remember, Senegal wasn't big on French influence.
Red XIV

When Meyrin almost gets Lunamaria killed by distracting her with inane prattle about how she shouldn't be fighting because the Lacus on Eternal is the real one. :roll: Heck, that's one of the most cringe-worthy lines in all of anime.
Fritz Ashlyn

blaze101 wrote:Major Edit*: I didn't find anything on Algeria, but I forgot something.....a lot of those battles take place near Dakar, which is the capital of Senegal. And from what I remember, Senegal wasn't big on French influence.
Didn't June(was that his name?) tell Roux that they refer to all Europeans as "French"?
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Folken Fanel

Anything any Destiny character says is cringe worthy. Except for Shinn telling Caglli to shut up. That was a little too satisfying.
Mobile Suit Gundam: Neo
It's common knowledge that 99.99% of users on Youtube are ZOINKING idiots.
Zeonic Glory

In Victory Gundam when Lupe says "You will become my dream...Boy!!!!"
and also when Uso is fighting "I can use my left hand too!" well, duh! MS are ambidextrous (sp?)...

And the ever famous MSG line: "Its the white devil!"

Also, in Gundam Wing (manga, I think): "Death hurts like hell" (hope that isn't against the rules)
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
ShadowCell

Zechs's line about soldiers scurrying for their reward or something in episode one of Wing had me going "wtf?" for a while.
Imperial

The first time I heard Haro talk there was a moment of profound confusion and discomfort.

A talking beach ball just seemed so...wrong. It also made me think a gold-plated, snobbish one would show up at some point while Amuro branded a lightsaber. Yeah...
This space for rent
Destroy Gundam

Anything Olba says that has "nii-san" at the end. He's your brother. You don't need to clobber us over the head with that fact.
REGENE: (Grins) Any last words, Buuuuur-ing?
(Bring just grits his teeth and the Garazzo’s escape pod breaks off from its main body, flying straight up.)
REGENE: (Shakes head) Right then. Forgot we don’t talk on Planet You.
Thundermuffin

Zeonic Glory wrote:
Also, in Gundam Wing (manga, I think): "Death hurts like heck" (hope that isn't against the rules)
Ah yes, and the edited dub version of the line is even more cringeworthy-

Something like- "It hurts sooo much."
Haros_Pet_Kat

Actually, I believe the dub line is "I'll have to warn you. It hurts like hell.", then Trowa begins laughing uncontrollably.

Yeah. I'm good at remembering lines like that, I guess.
blaze101

Fritz Ashlyn wrote:Didn't June(was that his name?) tell Roux that they refer to all Europeans as "French"?
Aw man, I'd have to rewatch that arc. No way I could remember that...
"Kamille! Kamille!

UrbanSniper wrote:Another cringe-worthy line, this one from the dub of Char's Counterattack. During Char's speech, he mentions the "Teetahns." (as pronounced, not neccesarily how it was spelled) What?! A mountrain range on earth has attacked Zeon?! How was it even possible to mispronounce "Titans?" Urgh...
If it means anything, that's how it's pronounced in Japanese.

My favorite line comes from literally almost every single episode of V Gundam: "Damn white guy!!"
razgriz

"Hey Hey HEY HEY HEY!!!" ...orga sabnak dead calamity pilot. too much of a fat albert vibe for me, plus i dunno if i would necessarily be screaming that in battle while im pwning grunt suits.
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
Nightwing03

razgriz wrote:"Hey Hey HEY HEY HEY!!!" ...orga sabnak dead calamity pilot. too much of a fat albert vibe for me, plus i dunno if i would necessarily be screaming that in battle while im pwning grunt suits.
Well in the CN english Dub, he actually says "C'MON, C'MON, C'MON!"
♣♦♠♥
razgriz

Well in the CN english Dub, he actually says "C'MON, C'MON, C'MON!"
thats a lil better, id prefer he said "DIE DIE DIE DIE"
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!