Gundam Sentinel

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
sandrum

Gundam Sentinel

Hello all. So I've read that there were 4 S-Gundam's produced but that only 1 was ever fielded, only 1 had ALICE installed- - and that the Plan 303E was only conceptualized but never "built". I've not been into video games in years so I haven't played any games that may prove this to the contrary, however, would anyone happen to know if the above was rendered untrue (by console game or additional side story)?

edit: I'm asking because it seems like building 4 units would mean that there would be a possibility that at least one of the other 3 could be used in another spinoff later.
G.Squirrel

Don't rely on videogames for information. Also, I don't think there are any side stories to Gundam Sentinal.

I've never heard of 4 units being buit. However, there are four types of S-Gundam. The first type would be just the standard S, the second would be the S plus booster unit, the third would be the Ex-S, and the fourth would be the Plan 303, which was never built and is sort of Sentinal MSV. All are, or was going to be in the Plan 303's case, upgrades of the original S.
Mark064

Gundam Sentinel doesn't even appear in videogames just G Generation and Gundam Battle Tactics none of the information on the S Gundam has been changed.

The plan was to build 4 S Gundams with the 4 sets plans. 100 was the normal, 200 is EX-S, 300 is Booster, and 400 has a bit of camoflauge surrounding it but it would have been the Deep Striker however that proposal got rejected and was just finished as paper. Unit 1 was painted in the Tri Color and given to Task Force Alpha. Unit 2 was blue and used for testing of plan 200. Unit 3 was red and was used for examination of testing. Unit 4 was used for data collection.
Kuruni

Mark064 wrote:Gundam Sentinel doesn't even appear in videogames just G Generation and Gundam Battle Tactics none of the information on the S Gundam has been changed.
Kind of off-topic, but S Gundam also appear as secret unit in SRW 4 and can be upgrade to Ex-S. However, it doesn't has ALICE. She appear as part like biosensor.

Of cause, SRW is worse source for info (maybe except info from profile).
My girlfriend was a loli.
bluemax151

Mark064 wrote:Gundam Sentinel doesn't even appear in videogames just G Generation and Gundam Battle Tactics none of the information on the S Gundam has been changed.
*raises eyebrow* Is it really?
こいつ が ガンダム か
RIP John Neil Seward Jr/Jack Seward 10/11/1924-11/10/2010
plutoniumhunter

bluemax151 wrote:
*raises eyebrow* Is it really?
I thought Gundam Battle Tactics was set entirely in the One Year War?
" Age is a matter of the mind " - South Burning
Mark064

The game is mostly OYW but it includes Zeta as well and I believe 0083 too, though don't quote me on thta. It does however include some Gundam Sentinel units such as the Zeta Plus.
plutoniumhunter

I meant the PSP version.
" Age is a matter of the mind " - South Burning
Mark064

As apposed to the not PSP version?
bluemax151

I personally own both Gundam Battle Tactics and Gundam Battle Royale. I have all S rankings on all sides in both titles and no Sentinel or 0083 units are playable. Gundam Battle Royale has the Zeta Plus unit C1 and A1 if you want to count those but I don't think that's what the thread starter meant.
こいつ が ガンダム か
RIP John Neil Seward Jr/Jack Seward 10/11/1924-11/10/2010
Mark064

Like I said some Gundam Sentinel units specifically the A1 that's the only one I knew of. It was a comment to what game Sentinel units appear in, not specifically the Gundam.
sandrum

Mark064 wrote: The plan was to build 4 S Gundams with the 4 sets plans. 100 was the normal, 200 is EX-S, 300 is Booster, and 400 has a bit of camoflauge surrounding it but it would have been the Deep Striker however that proposal got rejected and was just finished as paper. Unit 1 was painted in the Tri Color and given to Task Force Alpha. Unit 2 was blue and used for testing of plan 200. Unit 3 was red and was used for examination of testing. Unit 4 was used for data collection.
I'm sorry to bring this back up from the grave. I'd love to go with this as being correct, but is there a source for this information?
toysdream

sandrum wrote:I'm sorry to bring this back up from the grave. I'd love to go with this as being correct, but is there a source for this information?
I don't think it's accurate. The Deep Striker feature in the Gundam Wars III book says that four S Gundam units were completed and discusses the various plan numbers, but that doesn't mean unit 1 is associated with plan number 100 and so forth. In fact, the unit assigned to Taskforce Alpha is configured as Plan 100 (normal type), Plan 200 (Ext type), and Plan 300 (Bst type) at different points in the story. The Deep Striker form is not Plan 400, it's Plan 303E, indicating that it's a variant of the "Bst" type.

-- Mark
Deus EpS Machina

So if there were 4 S Gundams in all, do we know any information as to teh fates of the other 3? (love to add them into the chart >.>;;; )
Nyan nyan nyan nyan ni hao nyan!~~~
Mark064

toysdream wrote:I don't think it's accurate. The Deep Striker feature in the Gundam Wars III book says that four S Gundam units were completed and discusses the various plan numbers, but that doesn't mean unit 1 is associated with plan number 100 and so forth. In fact, the unit assigned to Taskforce Alpha is configured as Plan 100 (normal type), Plan 200 (Ext type), and Plan 300 (Bst type) at different points in the story. The Deep Striker form is not Plan 400, it's Plan 303E, indicating that it's a variant of the "Bst" type.

-- Mark
Even though I relaly don't remember where I read that being 4 months ago I think you are a bit confused. I never said that the units are associated with the plans. Just that there are 4 units and 4 plans, not 4 units being outfitted as the 4 plans. That's just redundant then. There isn't really anything saying that Unit 1 = 100, Unit 2 = 200 and so on. The only mention of that is of Unit 2 testing out plan 200. And of course as you mention now Unit 1 using plan 100 at the start. Anything else is being read the wrong way.

As for the Deep Striker... since what I read before was it was camoflauged it's not going to be very effective camoflauge if it flat out said it was plan 400. So what that would imply is that the use of "Plan 303E" was camoflauge for what it really was, "Plan 400".
toysdream

Mark064 wrote:As for the Deep Striker... since what I read before was it was camoflauged it's not going to be very effective camoflauge if it flat out said it was plan 400. So what that would imply is that the use of "Plan 303E" was camoflauge for what it really was, "Plan 400".
I don't know where this "camouflage" thing comes from, though. The Deep Striker profile in Gundam Wars III, and the Gundam Fix Figuration box text, just say that there are no know examples of "Plan 400" configurations. They also state that the Plan 303E is a variant of Plan 300. I've never seen anything in the Japanese publications connecting the Deep Striker to the mysterious "Plan 400" or suggesting that any deception or camouflage was involved. What source are you consulting here?

-- Mark
Mark064

I found it somewhere on the internet 4 months ago when I originally wrote that post. However since it was 4 months ago I no longer remeber where.
Deus EpS Machina

o o o o~
i wont restate what i said in IRC just now cuz im toooo tired...
[04:10] <&Afranche_Char> 4 S gundams
[04:11] <&Afranche_Char> TFA Got Unit 1: S gundam ---> BST type, Ex-S (separate)
[04:11] <~Rei_Murasame> I wonder how the other 3 fared then...
[04:11] <&Afranche_Char> DEEP STRIKER was avariant of the BST type (wasnt made, only on paper)
[04:11] <&Afranche_Char> now
[04:12] <&Afranche_Char> you can be sure of that by the number on the left shoulder
[04:12] <&Afranche_Char> it always says 1
[04:12] <&Afranche_Char> for unit 1
[04:12] <&Afranche_Char> Unit 2 - 4
[04:12] <&Afranche_Char> they might explain the other stuff that we see that have weird proportions
[04:12] <&Afranche_Char> like those that are in the GFFs
[04:13] <&Afranche_Char> the ones that i called "Ex-S Ver Kas", for lack of a better term
[04:13] <&Afranche_Char> they have different exhaust vents
[04:13] <&Afranche_Char> bigger shoulders
[04:13] <&Afranche_Char> different paint jobes
[04:13] <&Afranche_Char> *jobs
[04:13] <&Afranche_Char> (its the plain light blue/white)
[04:14] <&Afranche_Char> there is also a red one
Could these other Ex-S gundams we see in the GFF line and the various linearts and images be the other S Gundam units? Cuz they have always bugged me due to their different proportions and whatnot. I always see them in the Plan200 configuration and quite honestly they look far better than the Unit 1 TFA had. Also, if this TFA S Gundam is Unit 1, then its prolly safe to say its model number is MSA-011-1, correct?
J-Lead

Deus EpS Machina wrote:Could these other Ex-S gundams we see in the GFF line and the various linearts and images be the other S Gundam units? Cuz they have always bugged me due to their different proportions and whatnot. I always see them in the Plan200 configuration and quite honestly they look far better than the Unit 1 TFA had. Also, if this TFA S Gundam is Unit 1, then its prolly safe to say its model number is MSA-011-1, correct?
That just might have some merit. In the Fix Figuration line, there is a subtitle-less S Gundam (which is colored in white and a few different shades of blue on the armor, seen here: http://www.microforever.com/gundamfix/0011.htm,) S Gundam Taskforce Alpha colors (which is similar, but has a few differences, simply colored in solid blue rather than different shades, and has a few red parts. In short, the colors that are seen in the Sentinel books that we're used to, seen here: http://www.tisinc99.com/gff0014.html,) and the Plan 303E Deep Striker (even though it was never built, it does come with a standard S Gundam, colored in white and different shades of red, which I guess can also be interpreted as one of the S units, seen here: http://www.microforever.com/gundamfix/0013.htm.) As for a fourth one, I have seen no examples of any aside from a few fanworks and painted Model kit interpretations.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
Deus EpS Machina

The segmented shoulder armour give away the other units, as well as the vertical-running exhaust vents even if colour isnt an issue.

Its also got extendable arms: http://gearsonline.net/gundam/sentinel/ ... m/exs3.jpg. The standard Unit 1 cannot do that, iv never seen it in lineart or in the MG kit.

The shape of its feet is also different: http://gearsonline.net/gundam/sentinel/ ... m/exs7.gif; Unit 1 is simple while the others have a variety of shapes.

More:
http://gearsonline.net/gundam/sentinel/ ... m/exs4.jpg
http://gearsonline.net/gundam/sentinel/ ... m/exs5.gif