The Most _____ Moment in anything Gundam

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Wingnut

And with this blow, the topic is set back on track.
Seriously, this has gotten far enough off of the original topic here so let's get back to that line of discussion.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Destroy Gundam

Most "How on Earth did it survive that?" moment: The Zamazah reappearing without a scratch after the Minerva had fired the Tannhauser at it. The water kicked up by the blast pelting Rey's ZAKU was also a nice touch.
REGENE: (Grins) Any last words, Buuuuur-ing?
(Bring just grits his teeth and the Garazzo’s escape pod breaks off from its main body, flying straight up.)
REGENE: (Shakes head) Right then. Forgot we don’t talk on Planet You.
J-Lead

Don't know if it was mentioned before, (and I don't feel like checkin'!) but here ya go:

Best ROFL Moment in Gundam...period: When the half naked RPG toting bikini women attack Uso in the V2 Gundam with some incredibly stupid hope in their little heads that they could bring it down, only to get plowed through , crushed, or vaporized by his beam saber.

I could not keep it to myself at that point, I had to show at least 12 of my friends before I could let that die down.
Last edited by J-Lead on Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Destroy Gundam

That was more of a "Obvious Fanservice" moment in my book.

They did blow off a few of the extra armor plates that the V2 had on it at the time, so they did accomplish something, albiet not much.
(Bring just grits his teeth and the Garazzo’s escape pod breaks off from its main body, flying straight up.)
J-Lead

Fanservice or not, I got such a kick out of seeing that particular scene unfold in front of me. It's just one of those moments that are far too ridiculous for even the most anal realist to complain about.
ShadowCell

J-Lead wrote:It's just one of those moments that are far too ridiculous for even the most anal realist to complain about.
Oh, you'd be surprised...
ZZ Gundam

My biggest:

"ZOMG THAT WAS COOL" moment was in 80th ms team when Shiro rips off the Ez8's left arm and slams it into Norris' Gouf Custom's face, then draws his beam saber before Norris could react.

"HAH! SERVES YOU RIGHT" moment was in Zeta when Katz dies. He taunts Yazan saying how Yazan can't hit him, then proptly gets hit and carreens into an asteroid.

"OMG" moment was the previously mentioned death of Bernie in 0080. I've never laughed and cryed(only a little) at the same time. Rest peacefully in Hamburger Heaven Bernie :cry:
Mecha Gaming Forum A place for mecha friends.
Volnixshin

the most IN YOUR FACE moment in Gundam I think is when Ghina is about to slice Lowe apart in space, not only does Lowe remove the saber, but he handblasts the entire upper portion of the head of Gold Frame away.
You ever wonder where the Legend began? Watch as the most useless, becomes the most feared in the galaxy

Dark Duel: "I think the lesson to be learned is that so long as you have blue-colored hair, you will kick ass."
bluefox

I believe that Malchiow once commented that those who have SEED don't die easy or something like that.
"Ah, beer. The cause of and the solution to all of life's problems." -- Homer Simpson
Destroy Gundam

Lowe doesn't have SEED. Just a lot of luck, and Gai intervening many times .
Bremics

Destroy Gundam wrote:Lowe doesn't have SEED. Just a lot of luck, and Gai intervening many times .
I think they are the same thing... He always can be quite creative when under pressure.
+EDIT+
The Most "Touching" Moment In Gundam: The death of Lalah, it is really the only moment I've had watching anime the that really made me feel anything, no tears but only The Passion of Christ has got me cry...
+EDIT+
Removed some content... was to personal yeah know.
Pray she never meets Athrun.
YazanGable

I'm genuinely surprised at the fact 0080's come up all of maybe...twice now?

That's just...wow...

That said, most 'Going down in flame and glory' moment that I'm similarly surprised has gone unsaid here - The last charge of the Reinforce Jr. Like the already cited V scene, the music was a BIG help in this scene. Once Gomez gives the order for evacuation and the song kicks up, it begins one of the best scenes in Victory easily.
Hell, even the fake Jehennam manages to shine in that scene...and given to that point I had no love for the guy, that's saying something.
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

ZZ Gundam wrote:"HAH! SERVES YOU RIGHT" moment was in Zeta when Katz dies. He taunts Yazan saying how Yazan can't hit him, then proptly gets hit and carreens into an asteroid.
Errr, fyi, wrong order of events. Katz didn't get hit by Yazan until after he ran into the asteroid, which undoubtedly threw him out of whack. And even then, Yazan missed something like 4-5 times before scoring a hit on one of the Cockpit fighter's thrusters. So yeah, Katz's boasting against Yazan was justified.
baka

Funniest:
Duo being disgusted over Heero popping his broken leg back into place. (Or rather, any comment by Duo :P) Kou adressing Gato as sir was good too, though....

Most OMGWTF...:
The whole Norris vs 08th MS Team fight.

Most "Yeah, finally!"-moment:
Quess dying, I totally hated her... Too bad Hathaway goes all TK-ing ****tart over her.
It is very difficult to make someone understand something if his income depends on his not understanding it.
muishkin

Most tear jerking moments in Gundam

1. Al trying to stop Bernie from fighting the Alex Gundam during the end of 0080

2. Emma dying at the end of Zeta.
wing zero alpha

muishkin wrote:2. Emma dying at the end of Zeta.
I'll second that one. Emma had one of the very few non-exploding death scenes in Zeta, which made her death better played than others and even more tragic.
Zeonic Glory

Here is two more tear jerking moments: Uso's mom getting killed and The Zell Dagu's (sp?) kamikaze run (it was the ship with Uso's dad on it)
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
ShadowCell

How the hell did you get "Zell Dagu" out of Reinforce Junior?
Zeonic Glory

No, there was another ship I think was called Zell Dagu. I think its this:
http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/cca/racailum.htm
*reads name* Oh, wait it isn't called Zell Dagu. I was thinking of right ship, wrong name. There were two ships doing kamikaze during the final battle. The first ship was Reinforce Junior, the second was that one (Uso's father and the General Revil look-alike were on it)

(Yay! 200 posts)
Last edited by Zeonic Glory on Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
wing zero alpha

Zeonic Glory wrote:There were two ships doing kamikaze during the final battle. The first ship was Reinforce Junior, the second was that one (Uso's father and the General Revil look-alike were on it)

(Yay! 200 posts)
I thought the one Uso's dad and the General guy were on was the Jeanne D'Arc, a Ra Cailum-class battleship.