The Most _____ Moment in anything Gundam

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Zeonic Glory

Yeah, I just edited my post to fix that.

On topic: Wierdest kamikaze:
Lupe's suicide hug in V Gundam.
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
YazanGable

Zell Dagu = What the HKs called the Jeanne D'Arc.

That said, I dunno, personally I still prefer the Reinforce charge. Jeanne D'Arc's was pretty good, but the fact the payoff took as long as it did kind of killed it.

"Incoming! It's the Jeanne D'Arc!"
"...wow. Cronicle failed at that one."

As for insane kamikazes, I think the prize winner still goes to Oliver. Much as I love the guy, charging a heavily armored tire when you've got a clean shot at the bridge is just...
Poochi

Most "Unpredictable death in Gundam" - Has to be Heine. I mean he was just introduced, fought in his first battle, didn't talk about retiring, no pictures of his girlfriend taped in his cockpit ...

Most "Awesome introduction to a new MS" - Freedom, a lot of credit goes to T.M. Revolution.

Most "Awesome battleship lift-off" - Eternal, seeing Lacus and Andy commandeer the ship was cool.

Most "Non-sensical costume" - Lacus in her ninja outfit. WTF? Though I'm sure those Voice I-dolls sold quite well.
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Poochi wrote:Most "Unpredictable death in Gundam" - Has to be Heine. I mean he was just introduced, fought in his first battle, didn't talk about retiring, no pictures of his girlfriend taped in his cockpit ...
I don't know about that. Nevermind that the Japan Newtype spoilers totally blew it, but when it was announced that he was voiced by T.M. Revolution, the words "character-kill fodder" popped in my and several others' minds. Think Miguel. ^^;
RedShirt0909

Biggest "Oh no, they did NOT!" - the original MSG whwen Gihren fires the Solar Ray at the combined fleets

Biggest "What was he thinking?" moment - Destiny trying to catch Infinite Justice's beam sabers in GSD.
Yea, though I sail through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall fear no evil, for I am conning ten thousand tons of 'screw you'
UrbanSniper

"Funniest moment caused by lack of sleep while watching the MSG english dub" : Realizing that one of the Black Tri-Stars has Kira's english voice actor, but with a hick accent (I've got the same accent, just not exagerated), and thinking how much better GSD could have been if Kira had the same accent...
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

RedShirt0909 wrote:Biggest "What was he thinking?" moment - Destiny trying to catch Infinite Justice's beam sabers in GSD.
I just have to say that that would have worked (he actually stopped the beams for a good 2-3 seconds, more than enough to bring up the Destiny's leg and kick the I-J in the chest and push it away), if Shinn hadn't suddenly gotten "Uhm, errrr, whaddu I du nau? :?: "-ed by the staff.

He comes up with a great idea, using the palm cannons to temporarily stop the sabers, but somehow can't think of a follow-up to that move. Grrr.
RedShirt0909

Shinji103 wrote:
RedShirt0909 wrote:Biggest "What was he thinking?" moment - Destiny trying to catch Infinite Justice's beam sabers in GSD.
I just have to say that that would have worked (he actually stopped the beams for a good 2-3 seconds, more than enough to bring up the Destiny's leg and kick the I-J in the chest and push it away), if Shinn hadn't suddenly gotten "Uhm, errrr, whaddu I du nau? :?: "-ed by the staff.

He comes up with a great idea, using the palm cannons to temporarily stop the sabers, but somehow can't think of a follow-up to that move. Grrr.
Never thought of it like that before. I agree that Shinn ended up getting shafted by the writers, though.
Yea, though I sail through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall fear no evil, for I am conning ten thousand tons of 'screw you'
Dark Duel

UrbanSniper wrote:"Funniest moment caused by lack of sleep while watching the MSG english dub" : Realizing that one of the Black Tri-Stars has Kira's english voice actor, but with a hick accent (I've got the same accent, just not exagerated), and thinking how much better GSD could have been if Kira had the same accent...
OH GOD YES!!! That would've been so funny. Then again, I just realized recently that the same bloke also voiced Ryo in Ronin Warriors...and for some off reason, he was a lot less annoying.
Oh well.

Most "Oh damn, that's just weird, but so cool": Loran Cehack cross-dressing. Both times. (Though the first time was cooler)
Had me fooled for a moment when I saw the first opening clip...then I remembered it was Loran. "D'OH!"
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Charismatic Enigma

I just thought of this:

I Find Funny yet I don't know Why: Meyrin Hawke checking herself out in the mirror.

Like I said, I don't why, but I always laugh at that.
"Aaahh!"-The last words of many a mobile suit pilot.
Thundermuffin

Most "Okay, this is just getting sickening" moment- Freedom hacking Savior to pieces with a swipe or two.

Nevermind the fact that Kira somehow reduced Chaos to pieces with a single swipe not five minutes beforehand, I honestly thought Athrun let Kira win the first time I saw that.
UrbanSniper

The Most "Why didn't it happen this way? It would have been so much better!" Moment: The little extra comic at the back of the second Astray manga, when Lowe drags Strike back to the cabin instead of Kira. Pure gold, that.
Hyakushiki

The biggest suspend my disbelief moment was in EW when Heavyarms executed a triple mid-air spin before opening up with both gatling guns.
How in the world did Trowa get that kind of height!

Second,would be Trowa's hair.
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
Magnus

The most recent bring-a-smile-to-my-face was last night when I FINALLY got around to watching Vol. 10 of Mobile Suit Gundam, final episode. What a masterpiece. There's so many little things that made this great. Among them are:

-Despite the Gundam tiptoing the line of a "Super Robot" at times, Tomino pulls the viewer back to reality by not only de-limbing and decapitating the Gundam but nearly destroying it with the famous pose seen in my sig

-Tomino takes close combat a step further toward personal, real, human war by having the characters fighting one another in nothing more than normal suits for much of the episode.

-Most violence is mecha on mecha, obviously, and we don't usually see the brutal deaths of the pilots themselves. So I was really suprised when I saw Char literally tear Kycilia's head off with a bazooka round!

-At the end Char is definately cemented as a complex character. I still don't entirely understand his reasons for flip-flopping ideals.

-The very end. Fantastic. Amuro could've flown back to the safety of a cruiser in a blaze of glory. Instead, he ejects into the cold, limitless vacuum of space where the only thing between himself and certain death are his friends waiting with open arms.
Patrick Colasour AKA
Colasour the Cockroach AKA
The Ace of Space -- Where no one can hear you fail.
mcred23

Magnus, you need to remove both that avatar and the image from your sig. The former breaks two rules, it's over 80 x 80 pixels and it's animated, and we simply do not allow images in signatures here.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
razgriz

most heartstopping gundam moment- mu's initial lohengrin sacrifice, really didn't that one coming or happening, i jus thought the archangel was gonna dodge last second maybe take on serious collateral damage from the near hit. not that i'm not happy he survived but wow

most heartbreaking gundam moment- gundam 0080 ep. 6 'nuff said

most amazing ms debut- freedom, truly one of the best moments in seed from the first launch to first time using multi-lock-on

least amazing ms debut- original gm's, it looked like 2 guys in bad track suits running up a rocky path coupled with amuro's comment "they are like the gundam but different"

ummm...geez these r hard to think of, ill come up with more later :)
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
ZeonsGhost

Most "Ya had it coming" moment: Quess dying. I was like "about time!" Ah the taste of justice.

Most "Stop being so Emo" moment: any time cagalli opened her mouth.

Most "doing the family a favor" moment: promoting Kira to admiral/general. He has no tactical or strategic ability whatsoever. Promote Murrue, she had a brain in her head (at least during SEED)

Most "Okay, that's just crazy" moment: When Corin attacks the turn a float during the village festival in Turn A. Or the Leaches thing in Turn A. Or a lot of things that happen in Turn A. Okay, Turn A's just crazy, but that's why I love it.
My beloved brother Garma Zabi was sacrificed, I ask you why...?" -Giren Zabi

"Because he was spoiled..." - Char Aznable, sipping some wiskey
"Kamille! Kamille!

Most "FRIGGIN AWESOME scene that should have lasted a lot longer than it did": in GW where the Sanc Kingdom is destroyed, the OZ officer says something like, "there's still a Gundam fighting in the hills!" and Heero keeps whooping mobile doll butt in the Epyon to Rhythm Emotion in the background.

Most "It was cool the first time, but...": Rhythm Emotion playing as the BGM for the last scene of about ten GW episodes in a row, no joke, even when it completely contrasted the mood of the scene, such as the Zechs-Noin scene in space (ep. 41).

Another most "some really cool adjective" moment: when Epyon circumcises Barge.

Yeah, guess what series I've been watching.
Grand Admiral Revil

Most "Blink and you'll miss it" death - Gyunei Gus's death in CCA. Heck, the first time I watched CCA, I didn't even realize he'd bought it. Yet, it's also oddly appropriate. Goonie was a punk, so its only fitting that he died like a punk.

Most "You're a cold-hearted bastard, aren't you?" moment - Char's casual dismissal of Quess as a tool at the end of CCA. Hell, even Scirocco showed some emotion when Sara bought it!

Most "Stupid b*tch get out of my way!" moment - When Quess snatches Amuro's gun away form him in CCA. Dammit woman! He had Char! Honourable mention goes to Nina getting in between Kou and Gato near the end of 0083.

Most "We made it! Now let's -uh-oh!" moment - When Garrod tries to steal the Double-X. After dogding snipers and machine gun fire, Garrod gets into the Double-X's cockpit, only to find that he needs a G-con to start it up! Now if only CE's Mobile Suit security could learn this lesson....

Most "We've hooked him, now to reel him in" moment - The Frost brothers manipulation of Bloodman. After admitting to waxing not only the UNE council but also almost everyone else they've ever worked with, the Frost brothers not only get Bloodman to make them his new right hand men, they also convince him to start an unwinnable war against the SRA! Rau's got nothing on the Frost brothers when it comes to playing people.

Most "We hold this line, no matter the cost" moment - The Freeden crew buying Garrod time to launch into space. Watching the Freeden crew telling Garrod to fly and the music of this scene make it one of my favourite scenes in Gundam X.
"Zeon is exhaused! Now is not the time for us to kneel before Zeon. It is time for us to rise! Now, more than ever, is our chance to defeat Zeon!" - General Revil
Hyakushiki

The most "Will you EVER learn!!" moment comes in Zeta Gundam ep. 12.
Jerid master tactician decides that the "gold MS" isn't so tough and like with
everything else he's SO wrong.
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!