The Most _____ Moment in anything Gundam

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Dark Duel

Most "HECK YESSS!!!!!!!" moment: In GSD's Ep34, when Kira gets pwned on every conceivable level by Shinn.
Most "GOD **** IT! THOSE ******s!!!!" moment"
Three of them, same series
1. Kira being alive and basically uninjured after an internal explosion the size of New York City and the subsequent surface impact.
2. Heine being killed off immediately after his debut.
3. Neo being Mwu.
Incidentally, that same series holds first place in my book for "Crappiest ending in the history of mecha anime".
Previous title holder in my book was Evangelion, which had at least the sole redeeming value of being, IMHO, funny as all heck.

EDITED slightly.
Last edited by Dark Duel on Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Wingnut

Dark Duel wrote:Incidentally, that same series holds first place for "Crappiest ending in the history of mecha anime".
I wouldn't go that far. I have seen far worse endings than what GSD did.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Aegis

Let's see... within Gundam, 0083 was also very bad.

Then we have Macross Plus' ending, which was so rushed that the thing ended up being very anti-climatic at the end.

Then there's Hades Project Zeorymer, who's ending basically ruined the whole story.

Oh, and Witch Hunter Robin had a rather lame ending as well.

This, btw, isn't even the tip of the iceberg, as there's plenty of endings out there that are just as terrible as the ones I've listed. So, yeah, GSD isn't the worst ending in all of anime.
Destroy Gundam

I would hazard that G-Savior's ending fits that bill.

Most "Whups, my bad" moment: The Gwadan shooting Gryps 2 in Zeta. The explanation Haman was planning on giving Jamitov cracked me up, as did her voice and the look on her face.

Most "Are you stupid, or just plain suicidal?" Moment: Katz attacking Yazan just before he dies.

Runner up: BuCUE pilot in Berlin. So close, and yet SO far.

Most "You have GOT to be kidding" moment: Neo being Mwu. Seriously, him being alive removed all meaning from his sacrifise in SEED. Kira surviving ranks up in there too.

Most "If he had made that kill GSD would've been better" moments: Shani taking a shot at Cagalli. Destiny would've been a lot quieter if she had died, which would've led to Athrun dying and possibly Kira.
REGENE: (Grins) Any last words, Buuuuur-ing?
(Bring just grits his teeth and the Garazzo’s escape pod breaks off from its main body, flying straight up.)
REGENE: (Shakes head) Right then. Forgot we don’t talk on Planet You.
bluefox

Shinji103 wrote:Bigggest "WTF" moment: S-F catching Destiny's beam sword. I'm not going to go into any discussion of that scene as that would undoubtedly go way off-topic, but it was the most jaw-dropping moment I've seen in Gundam, and not in a good way. ^^b
I thought it was an awesome move. I mean a Shiraha Dori is always an awesome move, cliched maybe, but awesome still.

Most embarassing moment: Kusanagi getting caught by the wire after launchung from L4. I mean how the heck did they miss that wire?
"Ah, beer. The cause of and the solution to all of life's problems." -- Homer Simpson
"Kamille! Kamille!

"This... is my mother."

http://mahq.net/animation/gundam/victory/ep36b.jpg

[/thread]

Someday when I look back on Gundam as a whole, this is the scene that I will remember.
GENOM Soldier

Most "Shutup!!!!" moment is when Cagalli is talking anytime in SEED and GSD.
Most "Its about time he did that" moment is when Athrun snapped on Shinn and punched him after Shinn wipped Kira.
11FD Royal Canadian Artillery
Bright Noa

[quote=""Kamille! Kamille!"]"This... is my mother."

[/thread]

Someday when I look back on Gundam as a whole, this is the scene that I will remember.[/quote]
I just re-watched that episode myself earlier today.....

I have to agree with you on this scene.......it's one of those moments you have the most difficult time purging from memory, no matter how hard you try.
ShadowCell wrote:"Can you escape the Hambrabi...AND THE GREAT CORNHOLIO?!"
"Kamille! Kamille!

[quote="Bright Noa"][quote=""Kamille! Kamille!"]"This... is my mother."

[/thread]

Someday when I look back on Gundam as a whole, this is the scene that I will remember.[/quote]
I just re-watched that episode myself earlier today.....

I have to agree with you on this scene.......it's one of those moments you have the most difficult time purging from memory, no matter how hard you try.[/quote]

I have the scene saved separately on my computer.

The music is what does it. I love the soundtrack--I have no idea where I could buy it, though.

I was lying in bed late at night watching it on my iPod (yes) when I saw it... I had to watch the next episode because I wasn't going to bed with that in my head. When I saw the blood dripping out of the helmet...
Sage Shinigami

Bright Noa wrote: Best "WTF??" Moment: Yazan Gable's legendary "motivational" crotch grab. 'Nuff said.
I rewound it four times to make SURE that's what I saw and I STILL don't believe it. I swear if I'd been that pilot it I'd have "accidentally" shot him on the battlefield.

Another "WTF?!?!" moment: Char firing off a couple rounds at Jamitov Hymen only to have him dodge. That shouldn't be possible...seriously.

Biggest plot shield moment:

.....Okay....this is a tie between Reccoa Londe just a few episodes before she turned traitor (making it so that I didn't like ANY females in Zeta...that sucked) where she was in the Methuss and one of Yazan's teammates had shot her suit directly in the chest with a beamrifle AND sliced off a couple limbs and she was STILL not dead.

And that legendary episode where Heero somehow survived against crapload of mobile dolls (why can't those things get a mobile suit....) in a Leo. Yes. The GM of the Wing universe. I forget the specifics since its been years but all of the other soldiers had died and for some reason he was still there. No, he didn't destroy a single mobile doll but why wasn't he DEAD?!
UrbanSniper

Most 'In your face' moment: Char putting a bazooka round right into the face of Kycillia Zabi at the end of MSG. If that's not in your face, I don't know what is.
Genese Gundam

Most "Woah..." moment: When Heero self detonate his gundam.
Most "Serves your right" moment: The death of Cima. Her treachery was annoying. Though a close tie is when Shinn yells at Cagalli. Shame that didn't happen to Relena.
Most"Awe inspiring" Moment: Probably Gundams last shot. I haven't actually seen the Original version, but only the subsequent 3d versions.

There are too many of these type moments in Gundam to list.
My Stop Motion Animation Videos!

'I wear a Fez now. Fezzes are cool.'
GM ace

Most 'OMGWTF!' moment: the Naval Review getting vaped in '83. You know everybody in that blast was soiling themselves.

Most 'It's a trap!' moment: the Apsalus opening fire on the Kojima Battalion's mobile suits:

KB pilot A: "Hey, that MA is starting to glow dude . . ."
KB pilot B: "Don't worry, there's a ceasefire so we're-"
*Apsalus fires*
KB pilots A&B: "AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!"
Kojima: It's a trap!
Sage Shinigami

Most "Oh S***!!!!" moment:

In ep. 34 of Zeta, Ghosts of Zeon, when Yazan suckered Emma into firing at him and wiping out Jamaican and everyone on the bridge of that ship. I didn't even realize what was happening until I saw Jamaican's face. So great.

And for a custom, "unique" one...

Most, "I couldn't care less/I should feel bad but I seriously don't" moment:

Emma Sheen dying. You know, they made such a big fuss over it but she'd been so mean to Kamille over the course of the series that I literally felt...empty when she died. I felt more for Sarah when she died and Sarah was an idiot. And I should feel bad about that but instead mostly I just remembered how many times she slapped Kamille most likely because she was having a bad day. :P
Dark Duel

Most "Heck yes, this rocks!" moment: Any time either Andy Waltfeld is talking in the desert arc of Seed, or any time Mwu LaFlaga is talking in Seed, period.

Here are two personal favorites:

ANDY:(After that first engagement in which he piloted Kirkwood's BuCUE)
"Been a while since I had this much fun."
And then the whole conversation at his place, it's way too long to type up here.

Another one:
YZAK:"We have way more experience against them. More than you!"
AISHA: "Losing experience doesn't count."
ANDY: "Aisha..."
AISHA: "I'm sorry." (Not sounding the least bit sorry at all)

And here's my all-time favorite Mwu moment, ever:

KIRA: "I didn't rescue her(Lacus) so she could be used as a hostage."
MWU: "You're right about that. If anything, you could use her as a girlfriend."

...And now that's gonna go in my sig.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Vanishing Meteor

Most Omg! I dont feel like eating anymore Moment in Seed/Destiny?
Probably seeing the people (the dead ones and the fleeing ones) inside JOSH-A vaporize/explode when the Cyclops System is activated...especially the DINN pilot where he "exploded" inside his cockpit...eww..flesh everywhere...

Most Wtf! Moment/s in Seed/Destiny?
How the **** did Andy survive from an exploding mobile suit when Aisha ends up dying and he lives?!
How the hell did Mwu survive that Lohengrin shot from the Dominion? c'mon! Did the Archangel's scanners/personal locators "malfunctioned"?! cmon! They should've scanned the wreckage of the strike for Mwu..Was he expendable?? Maybe Murrue didn't really love Mwu? That careless and heartless girl...
(What's up with the masks anyway?! Don't you know that Rau up to Neo is no match when it comes to Char! afterall he started the trend..haha...)
And Finally,
Why did Heine die on his 1st sortie on the Minerva? c'mon he's a red-uniformed pilot...

Most Unforgettable Moment?
Seed: Probably when the GINN was ready to shoot at the Archangel's bridge and the Freedom comes up to save them.. i really loved that part..and i even have a 20-second clip of that on my fone...^^
"There's no point on blaming on who's right and who's wrong, all there is left to do is hope and wait for tomorrow to come."
Nagi

Vanishing Meteor wrote:How the **** did Andy survive from an exploding mobile suit when Aisha ends up dying and he lives?!
The same way one person can survive a plane crash, yet someone else does not. Positioning of the person and the nature of the suit's destruction play a big part, and mere inches could mean life or death. The way the explosion tore through the cockpit, for example, might've ejected Andy from the wreckage through a torn seam in the frame while trapping Aisha inside.

It's not so ridiculous an idea as Gundam fans seem to think.
Vanishing Meteor wrote:How the hell did Mwu survive that Lohengrin shot from the Dominion?
Simple. He didn't. At least at first. And once it was decided he did survive, we were never told why, so the best explanation we have is horrible plot contrivance.
Vanishing Meteor wrote:Did the Archangel's scanners/personal locators "malfunctioned"?! cmon! They should've scanned the wreckage of the strike for Mwu..Was he expendable?? Maybe Murrue didn't really love Mwu? That careless and heartless girl...
You know, when you're in the middle of a heated battle where thousands of very well-armed ships and war machines are trying to kill you, a careful probe of vaporized matter just isn't practical. You can't just say "whoa, whoa, time out, lost a contact lens!" and expect the enemy to kindly leave you alone, and had the Archangel decided to take a time out to comb wreckage that presented a very convincing case of zero survivability (in fact, before it was retconned, the suit literally was atomized with nothing more than iPod-sized chunks remaining), they'd've ended up getting themselves killed in the process.
Vanishing Meteor wrote:Why did Heine die on his 1st sortie on the Minerva? c'mon he's a red-uniformed pilot...
Skill is not some magic invulnerability. Even the best of the best can fall quickly when presented with similarly skilled enemies or radically different circumstances from what was expected or simple dumb bad luck, all of which seemingly struck Heine at once.

That, and T.M. Revolution probably had a busy tour schedule or something, and could only really record a cameo. I'm still thankful Nami Tamaki turned down voicing Shiho. Saved the poor girl's life, I guarantee it.
"Kamille! Kamille!

I would like to nominate the "GAS!" scene from the "Reunion" episode of The 08th MS Team for Most Freakiest, and the whole battle in the village from the "Front Line" episode for Best Scene. That whole part was amazing.

---

EDIT: Let's not triple-post again, 'kay? Thanks.

~ShadowCell

--

EDIT: I hit submit, it gave me a blank page and said "done" at the bottom, so I tried it again, same result. I tried to check out the forum to see if either saved, and I got another blank page. Not my fault, but you're welcome.

~Me
Destroy Gundam

Most "I see dead people" moment: I'm torn between Kamille, Uso and Katajina (sp?).
REGENE: (Grins) Any last words, Buuuuur-ing?
(Bring just grits his teeth and the Garazzo’s escape pod breaks off from its main body, flying straight up.)
REGENE: (Shakes head) Right then. Forgot we don’t talk on Planet You.
"Kamille! Kamille!

[quote="Destroy Gundam"]Most "I see dead people" moment: I'm torn between Kamille, Uso and Katajina (sp?).[/quote]

But Katejina loves it (Ep. 3). Psychotic b----.

Great character, btw.