Super Robot Wars Original Generation: Divine Wars

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
ExhileVoid

Super Robot Wars Original Generation: Divine Wars

http://www.suparobo.jp/srw_lineup/srw_ogdw/index.html

Looks like they finally anounced the release date for the full series. For those of you who already played SRT: OG, looks like our cast is going to follow Ryusei's route from the begginning OG1 followed by the casts from Kyosuke's route later on.
Mark064

Or you can visit the anime's offical site.

http://www.suparobo-anime.jp/index.html
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

The anime seems promising enough. The OVA though good was far too short though it was great seeing SRX And Daizengar outside of there SD Forms(Not that I have a problem with SD of course)
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Kokopelli

Is it going to be the game's storyline? I was kinda hoping for something new.
Corvus Moore

I`m not too fond of them making the SRX team the main focus,true Ryusei would be a good easy poster character for marketing it to the general anime audience,but the ATX team would have made a much better focus,could get a glimpse into the betting between Kyosuke and Tasuku,Excellens lessons to Bullet and the others...while with the SRX team,we have a reckless half-wit pilot who has innate talent getting into trouble,doing the whole 'team-mates' deal and generally being a bit too...'cliche`d' really.
Wingnut

Corvus Moore wrote:I`m not too fond of them making the SRX team the main focus,true Ryusei would be a good easy poster character for marketing it to the general anime audience,but the ATX team would have made a much better focus,could get a glimpse into the betting between Kyosuke and Tasuku,Excellens lessons to Bullet and the others...while with the SRX team,we have a reckless half-wit pilot who has innate talent getting into trouble,doing the whole 'team-mates' deal and generally being a bit too...'cliche`d' really.
That may be, but if you click on the link that Mark064 gave you will see that right there on the top page that alongside R-1 and another mech I can't readily identify, is none other than Alt Eisen. Thus Kyoskue and co. will also play a signifigant role in this anime, and not just the SRX team.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Corvus Moore

Its been stated in several sources though that the main focus of the story will be the SRX team and namely Ryusei,taking his path through the OG plotline,meaning it`ll be some time before Kyosuke and such will show up consistently instead of being a possible off-shoot plot at times.
Kuruni

I think ATX team may still got handful of episodes focus on them before their union with SRX team. Some events like when they recapture the communicate sattelite (can't remember its name) is too important to throw away.

Then again, it's kind of tough work for the director. Somehow I think seperate OVA as side-story might work batter :D .
My girlfriend was a loli.

I beleive the mech is the Gespent Telekensis Link Type.
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
DropDeadEd

Masaki better be in this. Otherwise, I think a lot of people will be pissed.
codename:v

Ryusei would be ideal as a main character because it gives the story a headstart to began with, Ryusei route does give us something to watch as he goes from a fanboy to full potential SRX pilot and his past relationship with Kusuha before Brooklyn was her boyfriend. As for Kyosuke, he's already a seasoned pilot and very much to be Ryusei's senior. What more, he was the main focus in the OVAs.

DropDeadEd wrote:Masaki better be in this. Otherwise, I think a lot of people will be pissed.
If its following the game, he most likely will be.

Camille Vidan

whatever, i want agressors. Gilliam, Kai, and the others.
NewtypeS3

Aside from the fact that Ryuusei grows as a pilot (and character, I'd like to argue), his route's plot has the most to deal with the combined route ending at the end of OG1.
Without playing Ryuusei route, almost all of what the White Star's peope are doing makes almost no sense... at least, if you're trying to make sense out of it.

And I, too, wanna see Masaki show up.
Corvus Moore

Wonder if they`ll make use of Original Generations soundtrack for the anime heh to save on composing.
Tekkaman-Blade

I was overjoyed to hear about the new series that'll be coming out (Within a month now too, to boot I think) :D

Anyways, yeah, from what I've read/heard, the main focus will be on the SRX/Ryusei route. Ryusei's route technically offers ALOT of info into what's going on, also some secrets about the characters on the White Star (which weren't covered in Kyosuke's route, as mentioned). HOWEVER, this shouldn't mean that Kyosuke's route should be ignored! There are plenty of events that happen on the SRX side that don't make much sense until you've played through Kyosuke's side, such as the fall of their main base, Sanger's betryal, helping the SRX team get the Grungust type 1, etc. Also, if the team making the anime wanted too, they could 'merge' particular parts of the story to help it make that much more sense. There are a couple of events that are VERY important! We can't ignore the fact that Excellent was also a target by the White Star crew (as much as Kusuha and other 'samples' were).

But that's just what I think, it's been said that the anime may even have 3D animation for the main fights. I can deal with that, so long as the story, character development, voices, music, and all the other components as well are good 8)
"Far away as you are, I send this song off to you.
Echoing on the distant shores, my heart goes out to you." - Detonator Orgun, Ending theme 1, Susumu Hirasawa
Destiny_Gundam

There are many other advantages to Ryuusei's route, like Latooni or Kusuha's health drinks. While Excellen probably won't be as prominent, Ryuusei's stupidity can also be a source for great comedy. Not to mention the other goof balls of the cast. I definitely think they're going to incorporate both routes, something like Destiny with the Minerva/Archangel (ok, bad example, but you get the point). One thing I'm wary about is CG mechs. I've never been much of a fan of cell/CG shows and always though cell was superior. Only title in recent memory I thought did the mix well was Macross Zero, but even then I thought the mechs looked cooler in cell animation. From the trailer though I don't think it'll be too bad. Airs today so we won't have to wait very long to see.
Poseidal

Excellen's animation design.

She looks quite well done there, so far. Overall, I think Kusuha and Ingram made the best transition as far as character design for the TV series.

Kushua looks kinda older, but I see no change in how Excelne looked in the OG OVA