Super Robot Wars Original Generation: Divine Wars

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Bright Noa

Imperial wrote:On-topic: Here's hoping we get some R-Gun Rivale action in the finale. We've been without for so long. It could also be used for a laugh. I can picture it now...

Ingram: Aaaargh...*R-Gun goes boom*
Rai: It's over.
Aya: Finally...
Ryusei: Not so fast, guys! Everyone knows the final boss goes through a minimum of one whacky transformation before he finally dies.
Rai: Don't be stupid.
Aya: This isn't a game.
Kyosuke: We're done here.
Ingram: *R-Gun rises again, now in Rivale form* Hooha!
Good Guys: No way!
Ryusei: I think someone deserves an "I told you so"...
Rai: Now is NOT the time.
A winrar is you.
Awesome.
ShadowCell wrote:"Can you escape the Hambrabi...AND THE GREAT CORNHOLIO?!"
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Destiny_Gundam wrote:I believe Aoba was like 13 in Jinki was she not? That's boarder line loli at most. She's in a gray area. Plus, she's just a plamo fan. Don't think they ever mentioned her actually watching the animes too.
Well, at least in the SRW anime, it's never explicitly said Ryusei is a mecha anime fan either. He just loves robots, same as Aoba. And Aoba is 16 in J:E 1991.
Kuruni

About Masaki's herem, only Wendy and Lune are true members there :wink: . As I said, Presia think of Masaki as her big brother. Mio, despite her first meeting with Masaki in SRW EX, never show interest in him again. Tutie simply act like his older sister and Xenia is...lets say she's male version of Ryusei except that she's mecha designer as well.

And while not dense as Ryusei (in LotE, he does say Lune is sexy in swimming suit), Masaki seem to notice how only two girls can mess with him already :wink: .
My girlfriend was a loli.
EFF Test Pilot

(in LotE, he does say Lune is sexy in swimming suit)
IIRC, he say the same thing in OG1 when they return to FE Brigade HQ and have a day off, and wasn't like he was willing to say it, it was more like he was joking/forced to say it (if I'm not wrong, another of Excellen's many tries of make couples among the crew).
"Every day's great at your Junes!" - Nanako Dojima
Maniaxe

I have to say, I see no reason why they would not make an anime about OG2, as it actually lends itself to an anime series more than the first one. Though frankly, I would highly suggest they go for a 50 eipisode series for it, instead of half that, as there is just too much happening in OG2 for that amount of episodes.
Destiny_Gundam

Shinji103 wrote:
Destiny_Gundam wrote:I believe Aoba was like 13 in Jinki was she not? That's boarder line loli at most. She's in a gray area. Plus, she's just a plamo fan. Don't think they ever mentioned her actually watching the animes too.
Well, at least in the SRW anime, it's never explicitly said Ryusei is a mecha anime fan either. He just loves robots, same as Aoba. And Aoba is 16 in J:E 1991.
Burn Blade 3 is the current mech anime Ryusei (not to mention Rob) is into. Ryusei's definitly an anime fan.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Wingnut

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
Shinji103 wrote:
Burn Blade 3 is the current mech anime Ryusei (not to mention Rob) is into. Ryusei's definitly an anime fan.
Indeed. He was all but drooling over models of the mechs in a store window display from said anime the first time we see him in the series.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Mark064

Maniaxe wrote:I have to say, I see no reason why they would not make an anime about OG2, as it actually lends itself to an anime series more than the first one. Though frankly, I would highly suggest they go for a 50 eipisode series for it, instead of half that, as there is just too much happening in OG2 for that amount of episodes.
That's why you will never run a company. It all depends on how OG did in Japan. Most of the other factors are irrelevant. It's pretty much irrelevant how well it would turn into an anime series. Money is what run companies. Without knowing how well it did in Japan... I guess DVD wise is going to be more important in this case considering that late of a time slot will not be getting good ratings.
Shinji103

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
Shinji103 wrote:
Where did it say anything an anime in the SRW anime? All he was doing was ogling models in a model store back in episode 1, nobody said anything about an anime. :?: And even if it was from an anime, you can ogle models without watching the anime.
Wingnut

Shinji103 wrote:
Destiny_Gundam wrote:
Shinji103 wrote:Well, at least in the SRW anime, it's never explicitly said Ryusei is a mecha anime fan either. He just loves robots, same as Aoba. And Aoba is 16 in J:E 1991.
Where did it say anything an anime in the SRW anime? All he was doing was ogling models in a model store back in episode 1, nobody said anything about an anime. :?: And even if it was from an anime, you can ogle models without watching the anime.
The poster up on the wall of his quarters then at the Izu base, and the fact that Rob had taped episodes of it. Burnblade 3 is a mecha anime within a mecha anime. No question about it.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

I've always woundered what that poster was....so its kinda like how Nadeisco has Gekiganger 3
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Shinji103

Meh, well that doesn't mean he's an anime fan, it just means he likes the robots. We don't know whether or not Aoba likes mecha anime either, we just know she likes robots. :P lol
Wingnut

Shut up and go read the subtitles very carefully again. Even the duologue from the games indicates that he does when he is explaining the difference between real and super robot types to Kusha.
You are in the wrong on this one Shinji103. Plain and simple.

Now back on topic, I would like to know if there is anyway we can tell just how good the series is doing in Japan. More specifically, is it doing well enough to warrant an OG2 based sequel?
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Shinji103

Wingnut wrote:Shut up and go read the subtitles very carefully again. Even the duologue from the games indicates that he does when he is explaining the difference between real and super robot types to Kusha.
You are in the wrong on this one Shinji103. Plain and simple.
Wow, way to be rude. *thumbs-up* Can't say that's the best attitude, though.

You already know since you answered my question in the OGS game thread, that I haven't played the games. Not that games are canon for animes, as you also know. I thought this was rather clear. Despite this being based on the game, there are clear differences.

Oh, and I read the subtitles. How does Ryusei explaining the difference between real and super robots dictate that he's an anime fan?
Wingnut

I'd say that by the way he acts is proof enough for most people. If not, then the evidence I have named will do, and I'm sure others can provide more.

Any rudeness is a result of my low tolerance for people not accepting something as fact when they have indisputable proof staring them in the face.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Shinji103

Wingnut wrote:I'd say that by the way he acts is proof enough for most people. If not, then the evidence I have named will do, and I'm sure others can provide more.

Any rudeness is a result of my low tolerance for people not accepting something as fact when they have indisputable proof staring them in the face.
"Indisputable proof"? Where is this? Aoba Tsuzaki has tons of robot models and robot posters in her room and ogles the Moribito. So how does Ryusei ogling over robots and having robot posters in his room count as "indisputable proof" of being an anime fan? All I've seen here as "proof" is Ryusei's love of robots and a poster of a robot in his room.

And nice way to try and be technical on your rudeness.
Mwulf

Then I expect you must be very rude most of the time, by that logic. :shock:
Another Day, Another Mishap.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
Destiny_Gundam

Well, let's imagine that Ryusei wasn't an anime fan. How would he know about the difference between reals and supers? The Federation started rolling out Personal Troopers, which are reals. The Grungusts were the only Super Robots in existance before the start of the series and even they were prototypes in the test phase and not exactly public knowledge. Ryusei knew all about the special attacks and gimicness of Supers and uses them himself. You wouldn't learn about that just by collecting models. You'd have to see them in action.

I'm not ruling out Aoba being an anime fan, there's just not much to give me that impression.

Besides, we all know no women like anime *sarcasm*
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Shinji103

Well, it's not that hard really. He could have seen a mecha anime or have gotten models as a kid, then looked up all he could about robots on the internet. And/or, for all we know, the details of reals and supers could be put in model booklets and modeling magazines, which I'm sure they are in one form or another. The thing is, we see him ogling robots, but we don't see him watching robot anime.

I'm sure he has seen robot anime on some level, but I don't see him holding the animes as highly as he holds the robots themselves.
Last edited by Shinji103 on Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wingnut

Shinji103 wrote:The thing is though, we see him ogling robots, but we don't see him watching robot anime.
Well that really isn't very interesting to see in a game format or anime. That and there doesn't seem to be nearly as many mecha anime in the OGverse as there is in real life, with only a scarce few being made.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.