Super Robot Wars Original Generation: Divine Wars

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

My only gripe with the way things are turning out is that at this rate, we won't get any wrap-up in the final episode. Unless they rush the final fights in episode 25, we won't get to see what happens after the fight, i.e. the Aggressors being reformed, Ryusei and Latooni going on their date (which, as I have been informed, is merely a Piloting Sim run in the GBA game >.> ), etc.

Unless things are wrapped up in the DVD Bonus Episode 26. But I don't want to have to wait for the DVD for the end-of-series character wrap-up. :(
Wingnut

I agree. This ending seems to be moving very quickly, perhaps a bit too quickly.

Anyway, until then for the rest of you who aren't viewing the raws and are waiting for the subs to come out (myself included), here is a better version of the Variable Formation video I posted earlier.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Destiny_Gundam

Shinji103 wrote:Ryusei and Latooni going on their date (which, as I have been informed, is merely a Piloting Sim run in the GBA game >.> ), etc.
This 'date' is only given a passing mention in OG2. Apparently Latooni and Ryusei go to the arcade and play some Burning PT. Latooni thoroughly trounced him. When Latooni told Garnet, it was followed by "That's it?" ".... That's it."

They do take a picture together later as well infront of Latooni's Fairlion. Arado wanted to get in too, but Irm told him to stay out of it. Arado immediately got the hint. Guess the kid isn't so dense after all.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Shinji103

Destiny_Gundam wrote:This 'date' is only given a passing mention in OG2. Apparently Latooni and Ryusei go to the arcade and play some Burning PT. Latooni thoroughly trounced him. When Latooni told Garnet, it was followed by "That's it?" ".... That's it."
Yeah I know, it was only a Piloting Sim run, bleh. ^^; Although I was informed by a player of the GBA games that they ended with a draw.
They do take a picture together later as well infront of Latooni's Fairlion. Arado wanted to get in too, but Irm told him to stay out of it. Arado immediately got the hint. Guess the kid isn't so dense after all.
:D But that must be in OG2, because iirc, the Fairlion isn't in OG, and definitely not in the anime anyway. Although that doesn't mean they can't take the picture in front of the R-1 or Wildraubtier. :)
Destiny_Gundam

Everything in my previous post occured in OG2

Oh right, I just remembered. In OG1 during their party before Operation SRW, Latooni makes Ryusei some rice balls.

Then in OG2 near the end of the Neo DC/Shadow Mirror/Inspector/Einst war (does it even have a name?) during that party, Latooni made him rice balls again, only in the shape of SRX's mask. Mai was quite jealous.
Shinji103

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Everything in my previous post occured in OG2.
Hmmm. I read in a game walkthrough summary of OG1 that the RyuseixLatooni date happens at the end of OG1. Maybe it's a different date.
Bright Noa

Shinji103 wrote:
Destiny_Gundam wrote:Everything in my previous post occured in OG2.
Hmmm. I read in a game walkthrough summary of OG1 that the RyuseixLatooni date happens at the end of OG1. Maybe it's a different date.
I think the date occurs right after OG1.
Excellen and co. don't find out until OG2's storyline starts up, as they were sent off to Langley right after the L5 campaign.
ShadowCell wrote:"Can you escape the Hambrabi...AND THE GREAT CORNHOLIO?!"
Destiny_Gundam

If we must get technical, the 'date' occured during the 6 month gap between OG1 and OG2. Sometime before Latooni is transfered to Hawaii. We learn about it during OG2

It certainly does put Latooni ahead of Mai though. Since both of them realize mecha cosplay is the way to go, Latooni's the only one who had anything that resembles a date plus she made those rice balls. Granted she does have a one game advantage over Mai. However, afterwards, Mai's the only one who stays with Ryusei while Latooni once again joins the Aggressors.

The battle rages on :/
Imperial

Then in OG2 near the end of the Neo DC/Shadow Mirror/Inspector/Einst war (does it even have a name?)...
I believe Tetsuya refers to it as "The Inspector Incident" during Super Robot Wars: The Animation.
This space for rent
Dark Duel

I am only up to Ep17 right now, though I found the exchange between Ryusei and Latooni priceless.

R:"You've started talking a lot more lately, haven't you? You used to never open your mouth."
L:*blushes* "Is that weird?"
R: "Not at all. That outfit you were in earlier looked good on you, too."
L: "Earlier?" *flashback, blushes even more* "I'm not going to wear that anymore."
R: "Why?"
L: "I-It's embarrassing." *still blushing*
R: "What a waste!"
L: "C-Can we concentrate on the reconnaissance?"

Seems like everytime he opens his mouth, she blushes...it's cute.
Then there's Princess Schine(sp?) fangirling over Rai, which is also funny...

I'm rather anticipating the next one, though...Valsione. Loving this show.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Destiny_Gundam

It's 'Shine'

And yeah, Shine's really the only true loli of OG1 (being 12. Incidentally, Rai's 19). Her and Latooni become good friends (probably because of their closeness in age) which leads to OG2's infamous Royal Heartbreaker.

SRW males seem to attract the 'lolis'. Rai has Shine, Ryusei has Latooni and Mai (their status of 'loli' is suspect however) and Kyosuke has Alfimi. This pic pretty much sums it up.

Chars.

Everywhere.

And I'm looking forward to ep 18. Not so much for the Valsione, but for Rising Force, and, more importantly, Lune.
Shinji103

Destiny_Gundam wrote:SRW males seem to attract the 'lolis'. Rai has Shine, Ryusei has Latooni and Mai (their status of 'loli' is suspect however) and Kyosuke has Alfimi. This pic pretty much sums it up.

Chars.

Everywhere.
That's priceless. Absolutely priceless. *saves* :D

Which reminds me. At this rate looks like we're not going to see the R-Gun Rivale animated after all. :( (don't ask how one reminded me of the other ^^; )
Bright Noa

Destiny_Gundam wrote:SRW males seem to attract the 'lolis'. Rai has Shine, Ryusei has Latooni and Mai (their status of 'loli' is suspect however) and Kyosuke has Alfimi. This pic pretty much sums it up.

Chars.

Everywhere.
You seem to have forgotten that Alpha 2/3 Zengar fits into that same category, too.

As for Mai, this how I handle the debate of her age: She was turned into Levi Tolar when she was about 16 or 17 (after the ICS incident) and was nearly killed in OG1. She was then regenerated by Septuagint, however, the OG Numbers defeated Septuagint before the regeneration was fully complete, so Mai's age was halted right around the time of when she caused the explosion at ICS.

Latooni, on the other hand, is around the age 14 or 15. Borderline loli (like Mai), but still in the "red zone".....
ShadowCell wrote:"Can you escape the Hambrabi...AND THE GREAT CORNHOLIO?!"
Kuruni

Loli-idol is become fan favourite, both guy and girl. IbisxIrui seem to be as popular as SangerxIrui, if not more. Tomboy appearance and dead boyfriend are factor here, I guess (and SangerxIrui is more of joke, IMO). I bet most fan want to see Daitetsu's grandaughter appear in OG3, despite fact that we known nothing about the girl, only because we want more loli :wink: .
My girlfriend was a loli.
Imperial

SRW males seem to attract the 'lolis'. Rai has Shine, Ryusei has Latooni and Mai (their status of 'loli' is suspect however) and Kyosuke has Alfimi. This pic pretty much sums it up.
:lol:

I think you may have hit upon something here. The SRW men do have a certain something that makes all the underaged girls flock to them. Of course, none of the guys seem to reciprocate. Rai doesn't see Shine as a love interest, even if she's all over him. Latooni and Mai are head over heels for Ryusei, who's too dense to notice. Kyo' has his hands full with the real deal. In fact, they would probably have more of a father-daughter dynamic.

Poor girls
This space for rent
Destiny_Gundam

Actually, Rai's the closest one to actually reciprocating. He just needs to get over the thing he had for his sister-in-law. Princess Shine really brought about a change in Rai. She made him open up more and he stopped being so cold. Rai definitly conciders Shine a very important person to him.

And we all know the only women Ryusei is into are 100 feet tall and made of metal. Concidering it seriously however, Ryusei is probably best suited for a girl like Noriko, some one who can share his passion for all things mecha.

We're also forgetting that Masaki has a loli too.... somewhere..... in that harem of his...
Shinji103

Destiny_Gundam wrote:And we all know the only women Ryusei is into are 100 feet tall and made of metal. Concidering it seriously however, Ryusei is probably best suited for a girl like Noriko, some one who can share his passion for all things mecha.
Putting aside that comic there (nice comic, though :) ), Noriko is probably one of the last girl characters I would call a mecha fan. If anything, I'd say she's a Space Battleship Yamato fan, from the Yamato poster in her room in OVA episode 5. :P

If we're talking about mecha fangirls being best suited for Ryusei, then Aoba Tsuzaki is his girl....if she existed in the SRW universe, anyway...and technically she's a loli too, depending on if you're talking about Jinki: Extend 1988 or 1991...

But Ryusei and Latooni are seperated by a mere 3 or 4 years in age, so they're fine together. :D
Last edited by Shinji103 on Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kuruni

Destiny_Gundam wrote:We're also forgetting that Masaki has a loli too.... somewhere..... in that harem of his...
Presia is his adopted sister :wink: , well, Lune just doesn't trust their sibling-like relationship.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Destiny_Gundam

Shinji103 wrote:
Destiny_Gundam wrote:And we all know the only women Ryusei is into are 100 feet tall and made of metal. Concidering it seriously however, Ryusei is probably best suited for a girl like Noriko, some one who can share his passion for all things mecha.
Putting aside that comic there (nice comic, though :) ), Noriko is probably one of the last girl characters I would call a mecha fan. If anything, I'd say she's a Space Battleship Yamato fan, from the Yamato poster in her room in OVA episode 5. :P

If we're talking about mecha fangirls being best suited for Ryusei, then Aoba Tsuzaki is his girl....if she existed in the SRW universe, anyway...and technically she's a loli too, depending on if you're talking about Jinki: Extend 1988 or 1991...

But Ryusei and Latooni are seperated by a mere 3 or 4 years in age, so they're fine together. :D
From what I've gathered, Ryusei and Noriko are quite friendly with each other in the Alphaverse. While she might not really be a 'mecha fangirl' persay, she's undeniably an otaku. Plus, they're both hot blooded.

I believe Aoba was like 13 in Jinki was she not? That's boarder line loli at most. She's in a gray area. Plus, she's just a plamo fan. Don't think they ever mentioned her actually watching the animes too.

Man I wish ADV would resume the manga....

And I don't object to age differences (within 4-5 years anyways), the issue here is what kind of [organic] woman it would take to actually catch Ryusei's attention that he'd actually want to persue a relationship with.

And yeah, Masaki's starting to piss me off... I mean he's got the hots for that Wendy chick right? What's he doing with a harem? He shouldn't keep leading them (especially Lune) on like that... Then again, I know nothing of LoE..... When's that translation ever gonna come out?

...... Oh crap, polygami is legal in Las Gias isn't it.......
Imperial

Actually, Rai's the closest one to actually reciprocating. He just needs to get over the thing he had for his sister-in-law. Princess Shine really brought about a change in Rai. She made him open up more and he stopped being so cold. Rai definitly conciders Shine a very important person to him.
He may think highly of her, but I doubt it's anything romantic. After all, he doesn't get a love bonus from her, although she gets one from him. I believe it's strictly one-sided. It's odd, though. Almost everyone in the Original Generation games is paired off, yet Rai is one of those rare singles floating around.

Of course, we're veering off topic.

On-topic: Here's hoping we get some R-Gun Rivale action in the finale. We've been without for so long. It could also be used for a laugh. I can picture it now...

Ingram: Aaaargh...*R-Gun goes boom*
Rai: It's over.
Aya: Finally...
Ryusei: Not so fast, guys! Everyone knows the final boss goes through a minimum of one whacky transformation before he finally dies.
Rai: Don't be stupid.
Aya: This isn't a game.
Kyosuke: We're done here.
Ingram: *R-Gun rises again, now in Rivale form* Hooha!
Good Guys: No way!
Ryusei: I think someone deserves an "I told you so"...
Rai: Now is NOT the time.
This space for rent