Super Robot Wars Original Generation: Divine Wars

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Nagato21

Anyone got this feeling that if the serie comes to the west it will be huge hit, perhaps even better than the Gundam serie.
It got everything you need, solid & fun characters, good story line, and awesome mecha. 8)
ZEON SHALL RISE AGAIN!!!
Dark Duel

Dunno about that, but I just found the second Opening clip, thanks to somebody over at another forum:

Super Robot Wars: Original Generations - Divine Wars IS Anime, -Yamato kun-.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPhC7KjmBrw

IT ROCKS! IT ROCKS! IT ROCKS! IT ROCKS! For so many reasons:
-That shot of Latooni and the Wildraubtier. Did Latooni ever even pilot the Raubtier? I don't think so, but it's still cool. It's like, why did it show Ryoto and the Wildschwein - he never piloted that either, AFAIK.
-Levi Torah FTW. (short-haired one, at 00:59). Those who're SRW-savvy, have seen the OVA, or paid close attention to the earlier(pre-DC) episodes should know who she is...
-First views of the very badass R-Gun and the very amusing Valsione.
-Kurogane FTW. I still prefer the Hagane, but Kurogane still pwns.
-The song rocks.

Couldn't tell because of the low resolution, but: In the first shot of the ATX Team (00:17) What's Bullet piloting?
Last edited by Dark Duel on Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Wingnut

Dark Duel wrote:Couldn't tell because of the low resolution, but: In the first shot of the ATX Team (00:17) What's Bullet piloting?
My guess it that it is still his white Gespenst Mk. II TT unit.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

I personally perfer Break Out, over Rising Force. And, the new opening feels very SEEDish
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Dark Duel wrote:-That shot of Latooni and the Wildraubtier. Did Latooni ever even pilot the Raubtier? I don't think so, but it's still cool. It's like, why did it show Ryoto and the Wildschwein - he never piloted that either, AFAIK.
Latooni starts piloting the Wildraubtier for Operation Breakout, the assault on the DC's main base in episode 15/16, while Ryusei upgrades to the R-1. So Latooni gets Ryusei's hand-me-down. :D (for those who haven't figured it out yet :P , I am so a supporter of RyuseixLatooni :D )

Iirc (I've read some story summaries of the GBA game :) ), Ryouta upgrades to the Wildschwein later. He piloted a Gespenst Mark II TT for Operation Breakout.
Couldn't tell because of the low resolution, but: In the first shot of the ATX Team (00:17) What's Bullet piloting?
Yes, Bullet is still piloting a Gespenst. However, a later shot in the OP shows him lined up with a Grungust.
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

When Bullet makes his first appearence, you see him in a Gespenst TT Type.
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Dark Duel

Shinji103 wrote:Latooni starts piloting the Wildraubtier for Operation Breakout, the assault on the DC's main base in episode 15/16, while Ryusei upgrades to the R-1. So Latooni gets Ryusei's hand-me-down. :D

Iirc (I've read some story summaries of the GBA game Smile ), Ryouta upgrades to the Wildschwein later. He piloted a Gespenst Mark II TT for Operation Breakout.
Thanks a LOT. Ryuusei in R1 + Latooni in Wildraubtier = Absolute win.
Shinji103 wrote:(for those who haven't figured it out yet :P , I am so a supporter of RyuseixLatooni :D )
So am I :D ...
Though I still can't not like RyuuseixMai. Love 'em both! (Still prefer RyuuseixLatooni, though :P )
Dunno 'bout y'all, but I totally prefer Mai over Aya...much less skanky uniform...and so hot at the same time. :oops: :)

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Shinji103

Dark Duel wrote:Thanks a LOT. Ryuusei in R1 + Latooni in Wildraubtier = Absolute win.
Those two just work so well together. As two of the few fighter-transforrming pilots on the Hagane so far, they tend to team up quite a bit. :)
Shinji103 wrote:So am I :D ...
It pains me to think of how I hardly noticed Latooni when I watched the OVA. I blame the staff for giving her so little screentime. :P (althgouh, it's probably mostly to blame that the OVA was the first thing of anything SRW OG I ever saw, so I didn't even know who Latooni was ^^; )
Destiny_Gundam

I see there are a lot of lolicons on this thread :wink:

Yes, Latooni piloted the Wildraubtier in the game. In the Kyosuke route anyways. When the paths merge, she'll be in the Raubtier. If it's Ryusei's route, she'll just stay in Irm's Gespenst unless you put her in something else.

As for Ryoto in the Schwein, he never piloted it in the game. When the paths merge (again, in Kyosuke's) Ryoto is in Irm's Huckebien 009. Once Ingram goes to the R-Gun, the Wildschwein is empty until you put some one in it (I always put Gilliam in it)

In Divine Wars, Bullet will be piloting a Grungust. In the games he piloted a Huckebien Mark II, but personally Bullet isn't suited for a real. He's a Super Robot pilot to the core.

I like Mai more than Latooni, but I don't nessesarily like Ryusei/Mai over Ryusei/Latooni. Besides, everyone knows Ryusei/Angelg is cannon :wink:

What I do know is that the more I'm finding myself liking Lune, the more I'm not liking the idea of Lune/Masaki. Lord knows the guy has a harem waiting for him in La Gias. Incidentally, La Gias allows polygami.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Shinji103

Destiny_Gundam wrote:I see there are a lot of lolicons on this thread :wink:
14 isn't loli. :P Yes, I know everybody calls her a loli, but you don't see people calling Asuka Langely Sohryu a loli. :)
Yes, Latooni piloted the Wildraubtier in the game. In the Kyosuke route anyways. When the paths merge, she'll be in the Raubtier. If it's Ryusei's route, she'll just stay in Irm's Gespenst unless you put her in something else.
Hmm, so they're putting more emphasis on her? :wink: (since Ryusei is obviously the main character in the anime, and in the game in Ryusei's route, Latooni was still in a Gespenst) I also noticed that RyuseixKusuha has been knocked down quite a bit in the anime. Such as how Garnet was dressing up Latooni in that dress for Latooni rather than to get Ryusei to pay more attention to Kusuha like in the game. (I personaly don't see how that could have worked well, though :P getting Ryusei to notice Latooni doesn't mean he'd notice any woman :lol: )
Destiny_Gundam

Actually I do see lots of people calling Asuka a loli.

Incidentally, 14 is legal in Canada, so they're not lolis for us, but I believe in the States it's 18.

Most gamers will actually put Latooni in the Huckebien 008. Since she's got good ranged stats, she can hit enemies with the Black Hole Gun farther away, which is why she's dubbed 'sniper loli'. The advantages of putting her in the Wildraubtier is that she also has good evasion on top of the Raubtier being a dodgey unit, making her near impossible to hit.

And Garnet dressed Latooni up in the game as practise for Kusuha. She somehow got the idea Kusuha and Latooni were around the same size, despite the fact that Kusuha is vastly more 'developed' than Latooni is. In the anime they did indeed almost remove any Ryusei/Kusuha elements. Where in the game Kusuha likes Ryusei, and Ryusei shows a lot more concern for her (demanding that she gets off the Hagane, objects to her becoming a pilot), the anime shows them as just being friends, as Garnet herself points out. It's not that big a deal anyways, since most SRW fans know who Kusuha is destined for.

The real kicker though is one of the few times Ryusei does show interest in real women, he's oogling Garnet's cleavage.
Shinji103

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Actually I do see lots of people calling Asuka a loli.
Huh, that's news to my ears, and I've seen lots of people talk abotu Asuka.
Dark Duel

I think it's more to do with how the characters are animated than their actual age. Though they're both 14, the way Latooni's animated, she looks like a lil' kid, whereas Asuka looks like someone in her teens or who, to people uninformed about the actual series, might very well be older.
Though I'd like to point out that one of the most (in)famous Asuka pics I've come across is dubbed "Gothic Loli" Asuka. I need to see if I have it.
The real kicker though is one of the few times Ryusei does show interest in real women, he's oogling Garnet's cleavage.
LOL!!!! That's funny. Though to be honest, I never paid much attention to Garnet until the Latooni gag.
I NEED to get these games...still haven't.
AFAIK, the only three transforming-types on the Hagane thus far are Irm's Grungust IchiShiki, the Wildraubtier and R1. And Grungust is friggin' HUGE.
Seriously, the sheer, mind-boggling size of those things just has me laughing. There's one shot at one point in the OVA of the two side-by-side, and the Grungust SanShiki's head reaches about from the Alt's waist to the top of its shoulders...O_O'

Speaking of the SanShiki, I know Bullet piloted that in the OVA (brown Grungust with the drills...IMHO, the ugliest of the bunch). And I agree that Bullet in the Huckebein has me going "WTF? ^^" for some reason. Other than the Gespenst, I can much better visualize him in the Grungust than the Huckebein.

Maniaxe

I agree that Gundam definitely dropped the ball in the US, and it's not out of the question that this series could possibly pick up that ball here. I would love to see that happen.

As for Mai. I'm not really into Loli that way. Sure, she and Lat are cute as hell, but in terms of pure attraction level, i'll probably always go for the older women in the show. I've alwasy thought the hottest girls in the show were Excellen, and Villetta, with Aya getting an good recomendation too. Funny, up until recently I thought I was the only one who thought Aya was hot.
Destiny_Gundam

Goth loli is a fashion, it has nothing to do with being underaged or not

Of course Grungust is huge. It's a Super Robot. Super Robots are huge by nature. Look at the Dygengaurd and the Angelg. Those are huge too.

Bullet piloted the Huckebien Mark II in the first place because of the T-Link System and his psychic powers. His signature unit however is the Koryuoh, which is a Grungust merged with magical chinese robots.

And Mai's not technically a loli. She's actually Aya's older sister, but with cryo-sleep and memory alterations, she became the younger one. She's actually like 27.

While I do prefer younger women, older women definitly have their appeal. I'm particularly fond of Ring. She's got that mature, calm, cool, sexy look. Not to mention she's a kickass pilot. Can't wait till she makes her anime appearance.
Maniaxe

What I really love about this series is how it blends the best of both era. One one hand we have stuff like the Gespents, R series, Alt and Weis, and others, all of which look like they could have been pulled out of Gundam, or any other recent mecha show.

Then we have the Grungust, and (in the future) the Double G's. All of which arec learly taken from classic Super robot mecha shows. The kind of which we see so little of nowadays. With big flashy swords, and rocket punches.

We have the mysterious forces for New order (The DC) containing many malicious wicked men (with the exception of Bian, and (sort of) Maier) fighting to take down the almost corrupt government (though the EFG is nowhere near as bad as some have been). Plus there are the alien invaders, bent on conquering Earth. It's the combination of giant robot show styles.
Destiny_Gundam

That's precicely the appeal of the Super Robot Wars franchise. Take every variety of mech anime, toss it in a pot, stir it up and you have SRW. If you're a mecha fan, you'll definitly find something you like.
Kuruni

Well, as big lolicon here :P I would state a reason why Asuka is unusaul consider a loli it's because...breats size (I won't get ban from this, would I?).
My girlfriend was a loli.
codename:v

Although I get to see all the OG units from the series, there is one particular unit which I have yet to see in action, the RTX-008R/L Huckebein. As I know, this unit was originally meant for Irumu Kazahara but all I can see is that he's piloting the Grungast. Also, the Huckebein was destroyed when the blackhole engine went wrong and that cost Rai's left arm from the incident.
Recently, there is a big fuss about the Huckebein series are Gundam MkII (titans) lookalikes and Bandai is not very happy about it. Therefore, they sort of order all Huckebeins to be removed from the SRW OVA and animation. Whether this rumour is true or not, I wasn't sure but I think that would have an impact on the animation and worse of all, OGS-the game itself which have yet to be appear on the market.
So, is it true that Huckebeins are to be removed from the SRW franchise after all?
Chris
Administrator

codename:v wrote:Recently, there is a big fuss about the Huckebein series are Gundam MkII (titans) lookalikes and Bandai is not very happy about it. Therefore, they sort of order all Huckebeins to be removed from the SRW OVA and animation. Whether this rumour is true or not, I wasn't sure but I think that would have an impact on the animation and worse of all, OGS-the game itself which have yet to be appear on the market.
So, is it true that Huckebeins are to be removed from the SRW franchise after all?
This is a constantly repeated rumor that has no basis in fact. After all, Banpresto is a division of Bandai and the Huckebeins were designed by Hajime Katoki. The intention all along was that they're supposed to look like Gundams. If Bandai was unhappy about the Huckebein being a Gundam lookalike, it'd never made it into the games in the first place.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his