Full Metal Panic Light Novel?

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Mafty

Full Metal Panic Light Novel?

So how much of the Light Novels of Full Metal Panic made it into the Anime? I know we likely won't see the end of the novel series adapted (though the novels have been officially translated and released), but how much of the story was actually adapted? So far I know only that Dancing Very Merry Christmas wasn't adapted.
John-Luck Pickerd

Re: Full Metal Panic Light Novel?

6(Christmas), 10, 11, 12 is not anime (atleast not yet). I also recall there are some side stories, like how Mardukas knew Tessa and Leonard's parents, or how Kalinin met Sosuke.

Ofc there is also the entirety of Another
Seto Kaiba

Most of it, actually.

The first Full Metal Panic! TV anime from 2002 adapts the first three volumes of the light novel. The first seven episodes involving Kaname meeting Sousuke and then getting kidnapped by Gauron adapt the light novel's first volume "Fighting Boy Meets Girl". Episodes 9-12 that cover the A21 incident adapt volume two "Running One Night Stand", and the remainder of the series adapts volume three "Swaying Into the Blue".

Full Metal Panic! the Second Raid adapts volumes 4 and 5 "Ending Day by Day".

Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory breaks the next few volumes into four episode blocks starting with the seventh volume "Continuing On My Own", then into "Burning One Man Force", and "Come Make My Day" with a recap episode between each light novel adaptation. Invisible Victory makes it easy to know where each adaptation starts and ends by bookending them with recap episodes AND giving each arc's final episode the title of the corresponding light novel.

So, all in all, not counting the breather volume "Dancing Very Merry Christmas" there are three actual story volumes left: "Approaching Nick of Time" and the two-parter "Forever Stand By Me".
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
Mafty

Thanks I'd finished the Anime's and the later novel volumes, but I'd just wanted to see how much was in other Volumes. It seems like it's just Dancing Very Merry Christmas; which in itself seems like a fun volume, though I wonder if it's breather Volume nature was why nobody adapted it to anime.
John-Luck Pickerd

It is breather. And it was adapted to a cd drama or whatever its called, as promo for Invisible Victory