Sakugan Anime

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Underrated GM Custom

Sakugan Anime

Has anyone had the chance to watch the Sakugan show this season? I decided to give it a try since the premise sounded interesting and I really liked the frog-like design of the lead mecha. I've caught a few episodes so far and I enjoy it, although I wasn't expecting it to be so zany. The action is very slick and it's always interesting seeing utility or construction style suits being used creatively.

It's also got a really fun OP which you can watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy2O1-E56Jc
Henyo

Re: Sakugan Anime

i am watching it. but had to switch to the English dub because for some reason Memempu's voice grates on my ears. and its not even on the same level of annoying as that girl from The weed anime that Kemono Friends fans flocked too , considering it the true S2. it has a nice father and daughter story and setting for sure but the japanesen dub just ain't doing it for me. There's also the word play on Gagamber's name that just doesnt work in the original version.

and other times i find Memempu's attitude to be miss. and i am someone who can tolerate the likes of Suiseiseki and her desus.
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
Underrated GM Custom

I've only gotten up to episode 5 so far but I'm enjoying it and plan on continuing. I agree Memempu's attitude is very grating, I'm hoping there will be a good payoff with her character later. They have shown some maturing so far, and her father certainly has the patience of a saint.
Henyo

i looked at the comments of ANN's regular article, THIS WEEK IN ANIME.

seems like the consensus in Sakugan is split 50/50
some found it has potential and sticking to it
others find it has exhausted its potential day 1 and has deteriorated with each episode. Memempu's Genius + bratiness is also one of the issues.

not gonna mind any spoilers here, so...who was Sakugan in its later half?
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
Underrated GM Custom

I had some quiet time this morning so I got caught up on a few episodes of Sakugan, made it all the way to ep8. I really enjoy the comedic elements and I'm surprised by how well it's integrating some of the darker parts since I think it was handled very poorly in EP1, but 6 & 8 did a very good job with it.

I think overall I'd love the series if it was solely a comedy but I still enjoy the series and I'm looking forward to watching more of it.