Uzumi Atha and the G-Project(SPOILERS)

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Mafty

Uzumi Atha and the G-Project(SPOILERS)

So who in ORB were actually involved in the G- Weapon Project? Side materials show the Sahaku Family was responsible for the bulk of the G- Weapon Project and dealings with the EA ; however Atha was still the leader of ORB, and head of the most prominent of the Five Families. Cagalli claimed Uzumi betrayed everyone in the first episode, but how much did Uzumi actually know what was happening? Could Uzumi merely have been using the EA as a means to an end; by earning money via Morgenrote producing the high quality MS, while also taking the important data for their own use?
John-Luck Pickerd

Re: Uzumi Atha and the G-Project(SPOILERS)

As far as I recall, uzumi didnt have any knowledge of Sahaku's deals. Orb seems to have a problem of the left hand dont know what the right hand is doing, the new Eclipse manga also implies that the protagonists are working under the Kiou clan, and the other clans has no idea.
MythSearcher

But Uzumi also had the Akatsuki, so he is not innocent.
I will not be surprised that each of these 5 clans have their own pet MS projects.
Mafty

The Akatsuki is another retcon induced plot hole. If Uzumi intended it for Cagalli to protect Orb, why wasn't it put on the Kusanagi? One retcon that could work is that the Akatsuki wasn't finished by the time that the first invasion of Orb occurred, so they used spare parts from the Strike Gundam to give Cagalli her own unit. Seed is more subdued in customized units than Seed Destiny; several supporting characters stick with one unit throughout the series, and most newer units are actually foreshadowed.

It also makes sense that each clan would have their own project; you can see in the sides stories of Astray and Eclipse that the Kiou and Sahaku families were in fact involved in their own projects.
MythSearcher

Mafty wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:11 am The Akatsuki is another retcon induced plot hole. If Uzumi intended it for Cagalli to protect Orb, why wasn't it put on the Kusanagi? One retcon that could work is that the Akatsuki wasn't finished by the time that the first invasion of Orb occurred, so they used spare parts from the Strike Gundam to give Cagalli her own unit. Seed is more subdued in customized units than Seed Destiny; several supporting characters stick with one unit throughout the series, and most newer units are actually foreshadowed.

It also makes sense that each clan would have their own project; you can see in the sides stories of Astray and Eclipse that the Kiou and Sahaku families were in fact involved in their own projects.
SEED is more subdued because Fukuda still has some sense and reluctance during most of that show until the end. Things only get out of hand towards the end where he openly admits Kira being his own projection which stopped Kira from being the cry baby and became the new god that is not only invincible, but always right as long as he is doing things for Lacus(which he also admits is the projection of his wife, figures)
The couple probably had so much fun and messed so much things up that they didn't realise their own problems until at least the end of Destiny when they face the bulk of the fans rage so he had to admit Lacus and Kira might have been wrong and in real life probably Durandal is right. (But the heel face turn is short lived, once he knew he probably will still get a movie to direct, he turned back to heel pretty fast)
John-Luck Pickerd

MythSearcher wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:18 am
The couple probably had so much fun and messed so much things up that they didn't realise their own problems until at least the end of Destiny when they face the bulk of the fans rage so he had to admit Lacus and Kira might have been wrong and in real life probably Durandal is right.
ok I am curious, have fukuda said durandal in real life was right and Kira was wrong?
MythSearcher

John-Luck Pickerd wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:38 am
ok I am curious, have fukuda said durandal in real life was right and Kira was wrong?
Certain extend.

I can't find the original interview after the airing of SEED-D about him saying Kira and Lacus might be wrong.

But in this event:
https://www.gundam.info/news/event/news ... 30_34.html
(not quoted in this page, yet both @Char_Tweet and @yoshi115t basically quoted the interview)
Fukuda did talk about how Kira aren't really friends with the Heliopolis group(stating how real friend won't treat them like that) and Kira and Athrun aren't real friends(if Athrun really consider Kira as a friend than he will not try to get Kira to side with him just because of his position), and said he and his wife wanted to make something like Shiroi Kyotō, where all of the characters have their own agenda.(which obviously he also completely failed), to a point where Tanaka Rie(in the same interview) said she thinks she cannot act the original innocent Lacus again because Lacus is too scheming.
And he also admitted Destiny plan is the only way of world peace in CE.
John-Luck Pickerd

MythSearcher wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:25 am Certain extend.

I can't find the original interview after the airing of SEED-D about him saying Kira and Lacus might be wrong.

But in this event:
https://www.gundam.info/news/event/news ... 30_34.html
(not quoted in this page, yet both @Char_Tweet and @yoshi115t basically quoted the interview)
Fukuda did talk about how Kira aren't really friends with the Heliopolis group(stating how real friend won't treat them like that) and Kira and Athrun aren't real friends(if Athrun really consider Kira as a friend than he will not try to get Kira to side with him just because of his position), and said he and his wife wanted to make something like Shiroi Kyotō, where all of the characters have their own agenda.(which obviously he also completely failed), to a point where Tanaka Rie(in the same interview) said she thinks she cannot act the original innocent Lacus again because Lacus is too scheming.
And he also admitted Destiny plan is the only way of world peace in CE.
In that gundaminfo page, Tanaka was saying she cant play the innocent Lacus is because something along the line of

"Lacus has many lines that need thought, and I would be thinking alot now. It would come out of my performance."

Or atleast thats what I got out of the text.

I guess you can read it as Lacus is thinking about schemes, but its certainly not something clear.

As for the rest, I obviously arent there so I cant check. But if they say so.
MythSearcher

John-Luck Pickerd wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:16 pm As for the rest, I obviously arent there so I cant check. But if they say so.
Well, both are pretty famous accounts for sharing accurate info about events.
John-Luck Pickerd

MythSearcher wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:34 pm
John-Luck Pickerd wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:16 pm As for the rest, I obviously arent there so I cant check. But if they say so.
Well, both are pretty famous accounts for sharing accurate info about events.

Maybe the tweets had translation snafu in there somewhere from japanesse to whatever other language ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Since what the actress said in that event is not the same as the translation, not unless you interpreted it in a certain way.
MythSearcher

John-Luck Pickerd wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:09 am
Maybe the tweets had translation snafu in there somewhere from japanesse to whatever other language ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Since what the actress said in that event is not the same as the translation, not unless you interpreted it in a certain way.
Well, the linked official Gundam info page isn't giving everything out and only took a small part of answers, so.
The long version also included her talking about her age and being innocent during her 20's and now she's in her 40's and isn't that innocent any more, which isn't in this page at all.
John-Luck Pickerd

MythSearcher wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:06 am
John-Luck Pickerd wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:09 am
Well, the linked official Gundam info page isn't giving everything out and only took a small part of answers, so.
The long version also included her talking about her age and being innocent during her 20's and now she's in her 40's and isn't that innocent any more, which isn't in this page at all.
The page does mentions how she is happy she plsyed Lacus in her 20s and she is not sure if she can do it now, because of the reasons I translated above.

Anyway, is there anywhere to see the original transcript of the interview? I think that would be the easiest way to dispel any misunderstanding.
MythSearcher

John-Luck Pickerd wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:40 am
The page does mentions how she is happy she plsyed Lacus in her 20s and she is not sure if she can do it now, because of the reasons I translated above.

Anyway, is there anywhere to see the original transcript of the interview? I think that would be the easiest way to dispel any misunderstanding.
I don't think so.
You might be able to get what the tweets talked about in both accounts if you scroll through those insane amounts of tweets.
John-Luck Pickerd

MythSearcher wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:57 am
John-Luck Pickerd wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:40 am

I don't think so.
You might be able to get what the tweets talked about in both accounts if you scroll through those insane amounts of tweets.
Shame, cosmic era is rife with misinformation and wrongly translated information, or outright fake... its always difficult to verify whether stuff that floats around the interwebz are correct or has there been issues with translating japanese to english.
MythSearcher

John-Luck Pickerd wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:03 pm
Shame, cosmic era is rife with misinformation and wrongly translated information, or outright fake... its always difficult to verify whether stuff that floats around the interwebz are correct or has there been issues with translating japanese to english.
Well, I never read any English translated sources so I don't know.
I might read some Chinese translated ones occasionally but most of the time I just read the Japanese sources.

But I can guess, there are a lot of Chinese translated sources very dubious and or outright interpreted with bias.