Gundam Seed & Destiny Series or Special Editions?

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Darkerangel

Gundam Seed & Destiny Series or Special Editions?

Hey everyone,

Quick question for those that have seen them. I've seen both Seed and Destiny before (years ago) and if I dive back into rewatching them, which should I go into first. Should I stick with the original series or skip the original series and watch the Special Editions instead? I've never seen the special editions before, but if it's a compilation like I think it is, I probably won't want to watch both it and the series back to back.
Mobile Suit Gundam Rebirth A rogue space team called U-FEA is in search for the Beacon of Hope for the future of humanity. They will have to use the blueprints of the Mobile Weapons before them as part of their arsenal to take down the Xen-Dominion.
Mafty

Re: Gundam Seed & Destiny Series or Special Editions?

It's probably better to stick with the tv series for at least SEED, as they offer a more comprehensive look at the stories. Admittedly both versions have their issues; as the tv series have multiple clip shows, while the compilation movie combines things together at a breakneck speed, often losing whole episodes, and feeling rather choppy. Your best bet is probably the HD Remaster, which is legally streaming on numerous platforms. It adds some new scenes foreshadowing Destiny together better, and cuts most of the clip shows. As for Destiny its probably better to check out the compilation movies. They add scenes that explain the plot in a more cohesive manner, and they also include a much better, fuller ending to wrap up the series.
Darkerangel

Re: Gundam Seed & Destiny Series or Special Editions?

Mafty wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:24 pm It's probably better to stick with the tv series for at least SEED, as they offer a more comprehensive look at the stories. Admittedly both versions have their issues; as the tv series have multiple clip shows, while the compilation movie combines things together at a breakneck speed, often losing whole episodes, and feeling rather choppy. Your best bet is probably the HD Remaster, which is legally streaming on numerous platforms. It adds some new scenes foreshadowing Destiny together better, and cuts most of the clip shows. As for Destiny its probably better to check out the compilation movies. They add scenes that explain the plot in a more cohesive manner, and they also include a much better, fuller ending to wrap up the series.
Thank you Mafty, this was really helpful.
Mobile Suit Gundam Rebirth A rogue space team called U-FEA is in search for the Beacon of Hope for the future of humanity. They will have to use the blueprints of the Mobile Weapons before them as part of their arsenal to take down the Xen-Dominion.