Gundam The Origin DVD

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
animalia

Gundam The Origin DVD

Does anyone know if Gundam The Origin was fully released on region 1 DVD?
yazi88

Re: Gundam The Origin DVD

Not on DVD. Its out on Bluray on Region 1.
animalia

yazi88 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:49 pm Not on DVD. Its out on Bluray on Region 1.
UGH. I hate forced obsolescence. But if it’s the only way to get it I might have to enable said behavior and buy some Blu-Ray.
SonicSP

I know DVDs are more popular as a format but Blu-Ray looks a lot better and is just a 1080P DVD in practice at the end of the day that has been out for awhile. Kinda like how DVD is just an upgraded 480P VCD.

That and Origin is a show made originally in the HD era so there are more visual benefits to using the Blu-Ray format than DVD relative to older shows.
animalia

Please don’t. The more people talk about how awesome Blu-Ray is the more I loathe it.
Chris
Administrator

It is factually true that Blu-ray is superior to DVD. It's also not "forced obsolescence" when Blu-ray has been around for 15 years now. Blu-ray players are ridiculously cheap now, so you really have no reason to hold out against them.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
animalia

I ONLY bought a DVD player because I was getting into anime around that time and I liked the idea of only having to pay once for BOTH language tracks. The ONLY graphical superiority I was cared about in the new format was how you could actually pause the screen without it jumping up and down. When it comes to nice graphics you can file that under "Thing I don't give a crap about." Also the reason I call it forced obsolescence is that stuff like this essentially takes your choice away. You don't have a choice between the new format and another, and therefore decide if you can do it if you want to or not. It's basically a choice between the new format or nothing at all.

I understand why it happens, and it may indeed be unavoidable, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Again, I should probably make clear that if YOU all like it then more power to you, I don't begrudge people such tastes. But these feelings and taste are emphatically NOT Mine.
Quiddity

With how fast technology is moving you really expect there to be no change in format over 20+ years? You have a one time expense of a blu-ray player, that's all, and they're not that expensive.
MAHQ Staff - Dunbine, L-Gaim, Escaflowne, Ideon, Gasaraki, The Big O, Overman King Gainer, Zambot 3 and FLCL
In my search for justice, I created war. In my search for war, I created death. In my search for death... I have lost my soul.
animalia

Can we PLEASE drop this?
yazi88

This is going nowhere. Animalia you started this thread and are complaining over regular facts because you have very outdated preferences.

This thread is locked.