Gundam Thunderbolt Timeline?

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Mafty

Gundam Thunderbolt Timeline?

So I've heard that Gundam Thunderbolt is an "Alternate" Timeline set during the OYW; is this a fan theory or has it been officially stated? I've only read up to Vol.14 , and it doesn't seem like that much that happens in the story really contradicts the rest of the UC Timeline (Anymore than most side stories anyway).
Kuruni

Re: Gundam Thunderbolt Timeline?

Basically, the author mentioned that people at Sunrise told him to not worry about contradiciting with the official setting. Somehow people decide that it mean alternate continuity.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Underrated GM Custom

I haven't seen anything official but a lot of the technology in Thunderbolt is pretty anachronistic, so it makes sense that its more of a UC What if? (kind of like Gundam X) than mainline UC continuity. Also as Kuruni mentioned if there's no concern about contradicting the official setting that could imply it's not in UC continuity. Still, there's nothing official that I have found.
Last edited by Underrated GM Custom on Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MythSearcher

Gundam Universal Century Memorial
https://www.gundam.info/news/publicatio ... 18_12.html
Look at the left of the 2nd row.
Both ORIGIN and TB are boxed and labelled "Another UC".
None of the other side stories are labelled as such, including 0080, 0083, 08th MS team and MS Igloo.

It is not a fan theory but appeared in official publication.
Kuruni

Thank you. It's nice to know that.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Deacon Blues

MythSearcher wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:33 am Gundam Universal Century Memorial
https://www.gundam.info/news/publicatio ... 18_12.html
Look at the left of the 2nd row.
Both ORIGIN and TB are boxed and labelled "Another UC".
None of the other side stories are labelled as such, including 0080, 0083, 08th MS team and MS Igloo.

It is not a fan theory but appeared in official publication.
And was then overrode by a future publication. I'd also caution about claiming that it is an official publication. There are some things that are listed in it that are quite dubious. As was stated before, the comment of labeling it as another UC doesn't mean diddly squat. There is no definition in that pamphlet as to what that subtitle means. It's open to a wide variety of interpretations. Not to mention, all of these bizarre pamphlets have conflicting information with them. One of those very same pamphlets listed hathaways flash is taking place in the year 0103, which we all know to be grossly inaccurate. So, like everything, it's to be taken with a giant grain of salt.
MythSearcher

Deacon Blues wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:14 am And was then overrode by a future publication. I'd also caution about claiming that it is an official publication. There are some things that are listed in it that are quite dubious. As was stated before, the comment of labeling it as another UC doesn't mean diddly squat. There is no definition in that pamphlet as to what that subtitle means. It's open to a wide variety of interpretations. Not to mention, all of these bizarre pamphlets have conflicting information with them. One of those very same pamphlets listed hathaways flash is taking place in the year 0103, which we all know to be grossly inaccurate. So, like everything, it's to be taken with a giant grain of salt.
What future publication? At least give a name for that publication you are talking about.

Your interpretation of it and/or finding it to be dubious doesn't matter(most of the book are interviews and essays written by those interviewees anyway), the fact is that those are the only anime side stories labelled as another UC, no any other OVA/movie are listed as such. Also, I cannot find your claim about Hathaway Flash in that book, don't even see it being mentioned when I skim through it, the timeline there just skipped through it and you only get 0097 and 0106 events. Not really a good argument to claim the book is dubious if you are using a simple typo on another book, is it?
The fact is that they listed it as another UC, the wording is another UC. You can try to argue about it, I am not going to waste my time on you any more other than sticking to the exact wording they used. Good that it doesn't even have to be translated.

A book published for the official IP owner with assistance from Sunrise is official, whether you like it or not.
Deacon Blues

MythSearcher wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:29 am A book published for the official IP owner with assistance from Sunrise is official, whether you like it or not.
You're joking, right? Just because Sunrise has its name stamped into it doesn't mean that the material presented in it is 100% official. For example, the Master Archive series also has a credit in them from Sunrise yet a lot of people like to moan, groan and complain about them because they have information in them that seems to be pulled out of thin air and has never been mentioned before.
Since the early-stage MS-06 was designed to operate tactile nuclear weapons, the closed-cell layers of foamed metal were filled with a barium sulfate suspension, water jackets were provided throughout the open cell layers, and protective paint containing lead was used for the external coating. It is said that the overall weight increased considerably even though the armor itself was lighter.
I mean, Sunrise supervised the Zaku book, so that material just absolutely has to be 100% irrefutable, right? :roll:
Your interpretation of it and/or finding it to be dubious doesn't matter(most of the book are interviews and essays written by those interviewees anyway), the fact is that those are the only anime side stories labelled as another UC, no any other OVA/movie are listed as such.
Okay, first, we can't really take what is said in interviews (at least nowadays) as anything that is "truly" official, in all honesty. I mean, you have issues with Tomino claiming one thing but Sunrise saying another, Fukui saying one thing and a director saying/doing another, etc. I'd say they're sort of fun "what if" sort of things. I mean hell, the backstory for Zoltan mentioned by the director/mangaka is an odd little nugget that probably doesn't hold much credibility.

But, you want to harp on how things are labeled in publications by Sunrise then, eh? G20's magazine had a whole bungled offering of how series were shunted off into various categories:
Our first category: "Authentic Sidestories" - Epoch works that gave Gundam advance worldviews. (Here's the kicker) They list sample titles such as The Story of Dr. Minovsky, MS Senki, Gundam Sentinel, and 08th MS Team (OVA).

The second category: "Spinouts" - ”My Kind of Gundam" born from their authors playfullness. They list sample titles such as Tyrant Sword, My Gundam (Atashi no Gundam), and Hidden Shadow of G.

The third category: "Official Spinouts" - Ambitious works that expand the possibilities of Gundam. They list sample titles such as Mobile Fighter G Gundam, New Mobile Report Gundam W, After War Gundam X (the shows, that's all).

The fourth category: "Official Spinout Sidestory Group" - "Gundam grandkids" created by a new generation of works after CCA. They list sample titles such as Mobile Suit Gundam F90, Mobile Suit Gundam Silhouette Formula 91, Crossbone Gundam, Gundam W G-Unit.

The fifth category is SD (needs no explanation). The sixth category is "Tomino's Another Story". They list sample titles such as Mobile Suit Gundam (novel), Gaia Gear, Hathaway's Flash and Secret Encounter - Amuro & Lalah.
My point is, this stuff is fluid and not at all rigid and constantly shifts as time progresses. Shunting them off 100% based on one lone publication is asinine and flat-out wrong. Everything is contradictory as of late. The PDF booklet thing posted by the official Hathaway Twitter account made another claim for Thunderbolt and Origin, only this time it's in Japanese and is open to way more interpretation than what was previously published.
yazi88

Gundam guidebooks/reference books are full of contractions all the time. Various things replacing it at some point.

Nothing is set in stone for Gundam. Things change/get updated all the time.
Seto Kaiba

Deacon Blues wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:06 pm You're joking, right? Just because Sunrise has its name stamped into it doesn't mean that the material presented in it is 100% official. For example, the Master Archive series also has a credit in them from Sunrise yet a lot of people like to moan, groan and complain about them because they have information in them that seems to be pulled out of thin air and has never been mentioned before.
Yet, unlike the books published for other franchises by the same publisher, the Gundam Master Archive books do NOT carry a disclaimer indicating that their contents are non-canon.

Generally speaking, creator interviews and official licensed publications are considered authoritative sources in any franchise unless said licensed publications are expressly non-canon, pseudo-canon, alternate universe, etc.

Deacon Blues wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:06 pm My point is, this stuff is fluid and not at all rigid and constantly shifts as time progresses. Shunting them off 100% based on one lone publication is asinine and flat-out wrong. Everything is contradictory as of late. The PDF booklet thing posted by the official Hathaway Twitter account made another claim for Thunderbolt and Origin, only this time it's in Japanese and is open to way more interpretation than what was previously published.
So my question to you... has there been a specific refutation of the previously-established position that the Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt series was an alterniverse story?

From what I've read in creator interviews, the goal from the outset with Thunderbolt was to disregard the UC official setting and just focus on telling the story how they wanted to.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
MythSearcher

Deacon Blues wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:06 pm
You're joking, right? Just because Sunrise has its name stamped into it doesn't mean that the material presented in it is 100% official. For example, the Master Archive series also has a credit in them from Sunrise yet a lot of people like to moan, groan and complain about them because they have information in them that seems to be pulled out of thin air and has never been mentioned before.

My point is, this stuff is fluid and not at all rigid and constantly shifts as time progresses. Shunting them off 100% based on one lone publication is asinine and flat-out wrong. Everything is contradictory as of late. The PDF booklet thing posted by the official Hathaway Twitter account made another claim for Thunderbolt and Origin, only this time it's in Japanese and is open to way more interpretation than what was previously published.
My point is, a book published with the IP owner's approval and assistance is way more important than YOUR interpretation when your interpretation was not from any of the published information.
IF you found actual contradiction between different publications you can try to interpret it or rationalise it and see if others agree with your interpretation, but insisting any publication isn't official because some other things contradict with each other in other books makes a VERY weak argument, because it is basically "I don't like it so it is not true."

I discredit some of Master Archive's information because it contradicts with other publications in which I can give examples, including from scenes shown in anime, etc. Heck, I even discredit discrepancies in Gundam Officials that makes no sense. I don't discredit those without any obvious contradiction just because I don't like it. I don't even care if they pull out information from thin air and never mentioned before as long as it makes sense. Most of the settings are pulled out of thin air at some point of time, and you should probably have the same level of scepticism on TB because it pulled more stuff out of thin air than the MA books and it contradicts with almost every other anime show further down in the timeline.

Also, about the Hathaway twitter account PDF.
I guess you are talking about the one they linked in the Gallery section of the official webpage:
http://gundam-hathaway.net/gallery.html
http://gundam-hathaway.net/GUNDAM_HATHA ... istory.pdf

Please, enlighten me, where do you see TB and ORIGIN in there?
The PDF's title is pretty clear, "Chronicles of UC", titles encompassing "Hathaway's Flash"
Under UC0079 OYW we get MSG, 08th MS and 0080, yes, only these 3 titles.
And then we have 0083 Delaz conflict(0083), 0087 Gryps war(Zeta), 0088 1st NZ war(ZZ), 0093 2nd NZ war(CCA), 0096 Laplace incident(Unicorn), 0097 Pheonix hunt(NT), 0105 Mafty conflict(Hathaway's Flash), 0123 Cosmo Babylon war(F91), 0153 Sanscare war(V).
And no, I don't see events from TB or ORIGIN listed in page 2's more detailed OYW timeline on p.2.
Yes, I see the text box stating the titles ORIGIN and TB, but the wording there is "Another Genealogy from this timeline"(本年表と別系譜の、) so it is also pretty clearly stating it is from a different timeline, there is no other claim in this PDF showing those two are not from another UC timeline.
tHeWasTeDYouTh

I always thought we stopped getting Thunderbolt anime because the manga eventually did its own thing and disregarded past Gundam stories. The South Seas Alliance taking so much land and having a powerful military was pretty out there.
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!
Chris
Administrator

tHeWasTeDYouTh wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:39 pm I always thought we stopped getting Thunderbolt anime because the manga eventually did its own thing and disregarded past Gundam stories. The South Seas Alliance taking so much land and having a powerful military was pretty out there.
That wouldn't really make much sense because the story is incomplete (also the manga still isn't over). Given that the immediate post-war period is mostly a blank slate, I don't think there's anything too out there about a breakaway group seizing control of territory amidst the post-war chaos.

I haven't seen confirmation of which Sunrise studio worked on each project, but apparently the studio that did Thunderbolt is now doing Hathaway.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
MythSearcher

tHeWasTeDYouTh wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:39 pm I always thought we stopped getting Thunderbolt anime because the manga eventually did its own thing and disregarded past Gundam stories. The South Seas Alliance taking so much land and having a powerful military was pretty out there.
The sponsors never really cared.
TB is earning money, that's enough to keep going. All they need to do is to list it as being another continuity and not the regular one we see.
As we can see from all of those previous posts, 1) TB was given the freedom to deviate from the established canon from the very beginning; 2) They already listed it as another timeline/UC in at least two major supplementary material from the bigger budget production anime and the wording used aren't applying to the 0080, 0083 and 08th MS's 08OVAs that also does not depict the major characters from FG, Zeta, ZZ and CCA.(thus the "another" doesn't refer to side story in the same timeline)
So they have already taken care of the discrepancies of the plot if there's any.
Chris wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:19 pm That wouldn't really make much sense because the story is incomplete (also the manga still isn't over). Given that the immediate post-war period is mostly a blank slate, I don't think there's anything too out there about a breakaway group seizing control of territory amidst the post-war chaos.
They can also be implemented back into EF for whatever reason made up, if needed. We never know the real composition of EF and we have precedent(IRL) of it changing after events in Zeta.
Mafty

Plus as has been mentioned previously in this thread Gundam retcons A LOT, and pretty much have since MSV(in Non Canon Manga) and the late 80's (the first OVA 0080). As Chris has said there is a long period in time and a decent amount of geography to cover in terms of the post war years, which is not something that Gundam generally focuses on.

The colony drop in 0083 seems like a bigger hurdle to cover than the issue of the breakaway alliance; especially since Zeta prominently features America and no reference is made of the colony drop despite several characters living there, granted America is a large country, but still the only time Australia is every really mentioned is somehow tied with Operation British.

Granted having the South Sea's Alliance control practically half of Asia is maybe a bit much as it does contradict works set in the region (like the 08th MS Team) plus we only see fighting and controlled territory in the South Sea's.

So really this is a common issue with Gundam side stories expanding the scope as it contradicts the previously established canon (like Unicorn's Laplace Incident becoming near as big and long a war as the later Zanscare War by the time it's all over).
Deacon Blues

Seto Kaiba wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:38 pm Yet, unlike the books published for other franchises by the same publisher, the Gundam Master Archive books do NOT carry a disclaimer indicating that their contents are non-canon.
Well, we aren't talking about other franchises now are we? What applies to them certainly doesn't apply to Gundam. If they had to issue that notice for other series, well, that's on them for not liking the direction of the books.
Generally speaking, creator interviews and official licensed publications are considered authoritative sources in any franchise unless said licensed publications are expressly non-canon, pseudo-canon, alternate universe, etc.
Authoritative? Hah! Interviews can hardly be taken at face value anymore. Do we need to deep dive into the amount of times Tomino has said things that're batshit insane at convention appearances, on talk shows, in magazines? Do we have to count up the amount of times that Fukuda lied about things while speaking with authority? Do we include Mizushima always throwing in the "please don't repeat this" or "speaking off the record" about shownotes?

There are no "officially licensed publications." Outside of a fanzine, everything that has Gundam on it has something that is vetted or passes through the ranks with Sunrise, whether it has their name as supervision or collaboration or whatnot on it. Does that make it any more credible? Absolutely not. Nothing for Gundam has ever truly been labeled as any of the things you've mentioned. But, again, I point back to the "official" publication (since you want to use that) of how series were divided back in the day. Yet to day we all know that the Minovsky manga can't hold up in current lore and was even replaced via the Origin manga. Bit hard to claim that material as being relevant, eh?
So my question to you... has there been a specific refutation of the previously-established position that the Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt series was an alterniverse story?

From what I've read in creator interviews, the goal from the outset with Thunderbolt was to disregard the UC official setting and just focus on telling the story how they wanted to.
Mythbuster likes to harp on that Memorial booklet, yet I highly doubt that he actually read the damn thing aside from squinting at mini screenshots on the Gundam.info website. This very same booklet lists the movie version of Zeta Gundam, yet doesn't shunt it off into it's own "Another U.C." (aka the alternative universe as he want Thunderbolt/Origin to be). He wants this to be some supreme holy grail of a manual, but it's just cobbled together by the editorial staff of Gundam Ace, which as most people should know, has had a dubious history of cranking out inaccurate typo-ridden material over the years.

But, there was no "previously established" position. If you're referring to what Otagaki said, he simply stated that he didn't care if it was accepted as part of the core narrative. There was none of this "canon" bullshit that Otakumode's interview translation had churned out which started this bizarre "alt-UC" nonsense from the getgo.

If you and Mythbuster really want the OFFICIAL Sunrise word on the matter (according to an interview on akiba-souken), the producers stance whether it's "official history" or "parallel/another U.C., "they weren't really conscious of that and that the breadth (scope) of Gundam is constantly expanding. They go on to say that "if Sunrise produces it, then it should be compatible with official history, but if they try too hard they'll lose what makes it distinctively Ohtagaki's work." So, they made it with the idea that it would be fine if it's semi-parallel. That, I suppose, is another one of those "let's nitpick the hell out of it" situations. But, the key focus should be the bold part about official history. Oh, wait, lookie there! I cited an interview! Gasp! It conflicts with a printed book too! Oh, whatever shall we do?!
MythSearcher wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:39 pm My point is, a book published with the IP owner's approval and assistance is way more important than YOUR interpretation when your interpretation was not from any of the published information.
IF you found actual contradiction between different publications you can try to interpret it or rationalise it and see if others agree with your interpretation, but insisting any publication isn't official because some other things contradict with each other in other books makes a VERY weak argument, because it is basically "I don't like it so it is not true."
As I stated above, the producer's comments on it sort of refute your claim to it anyways. So I guess the staff member going on the record sort of supercedes what was printed by a third party booklet, eh? And for the record, that booklet has very little input from Sunrise in terms of staff anyways. Typically there is someone directly from Sunrise credited with material such as that instead of the blanket/generic "collaboration" title. The booklet is all Kadokawa/Gundam Ace editors.
I discredit some of Master Archive's information because it contradicts with other publications in which I can give examples, including from scenes shown in anime, etc. Heck, I even discredit discrepancies in Gundam Officials that makes no sense. I don't discredit those without any obvious contradiction just because I don't like it. I don't even care if they pull out information from thin air and never mentioned before as long as it makes sense. Most of the settings are pulled out of thin air at some point of time, and you should probably have the same level of scepticism on TB because it pulled more stuff out of thin air than the MA books and it contradicts with almost every other anime show further down in the timeline.
Every single Gundam publication contradicts things. Animation contradicts itself too! However, for the most part, for Gundam the Master Archives are probably way more thorough and keep it pretty straight-laced in terms of uniform information. You'd be hardpressed to find any glaring discrepancies, really. Technically whatever is the latest published should be the go to for answers though, right? I mean, if Mark taught us anything, incorrect information has been parroted for decades among a lot of the books. Here's the problem with having the same level of skepticism towards TB: why does it matter? 08th MS Team had the blundering error of the GM appearing too early, yet that information was "corrected" later on. Everyone has an issue with 0083's tech being too advanced, yet that is explained in the series (though is still a 'thorn' of sorts). Oh, but then if you look at the Gunpla models, those information backgrounds dont necessarily jive with published material either, but those are held to a higher standard for "authentic/official" information. Either way, it's all a giant god damn dumpster fire of a mess no matter how you look at it.

I mean, if you want to nitpick something, you could argue that Gundam Officials is a load of bologna because it's what the Federation considers to be "official history" (and the book even makes a cheeky point of this).
Yes, I see the text box stating the titles ORIGIN and TB, but the wording there is "Another Genealogy from this timeline"(本年表と別系譜の、) so it is also pretty clearly stating it is from a different timeline, there is no other claim in this PDF showing those two are not from another UC timeline.
Yeah, I figured you'd cherrypick that from the paragraph, but that's not what it means in the context of the section. Good try, though.
Mafty wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:03 am So really this is a common issue with Gundam side stories expanding the scope as it contradicts the previously established canon (like Unicorn's Laplace Incident becoming near as big and long a war as the later Zanscare War by the time it's all over).
The events of Unicorn only take place over the span of a month, though. Victory was... almost three months.
Seto Kaiba

Deacon Blues wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:52 am Well, we aren't talking about other franchises now are we? What applies to them certainly doesn't apply to Gundam.
... and you missed the point completely. Bravo. :roll:

Deacon Blues wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:52 am Authoritative? Hah! Interviews can hardly be taken at face value anymore.
So, your contention here is that nobody involved in the production of these works is able to speak authoritatively about them in any official capacity?

Deacon Blues wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:52 am There are no "officially licensed publications." Outside of a fanzine, everything that has Gundam on it has something that is vetted or passes through the ranks with Sunrise, whether it has their name as supervision or collaboration or whatnot on it. Does that make it any more credible? Absolutely not. Nothing for Gundam has ever truly been labeled as any of the things you've mentioned. [...]
While that is a brilliant demonstration that you do not know what the term "licensed publication" means, you're still not making any meaningful contributions to the discussion. :roll:

Deacon Blues wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:52 am Mythbuster likes to harp on that Memorial booklet, yet I highly doubt that he actually read the damn thing aside from squinting at mini screenshots on the Gundam.info website. This very same booklet lists the movie version of Zeta Gundam, yet doesn't shunt it off into it's own "Another U.C." (aka the alternative universe as he want Thunderbolt/Origin to be). He wants this to be some supreme holy grail of a manual, but it's just cobbled together by the editorial staff of Gundam Ace, which as most people should know, has had a dubious history of cranking out inaccurate typo-ridden material over the years.
Thus far, MythSearcher has source citations to back up his argument and you do not.

That, combined with your increasingly hostile behavior here, robs your argument of any semblance of credibility it might otherwise have had.

He has done you the courtesy of citing his source. I would suggest you provide corroborative evidence to back up your counterclaim.

Deacon Blues wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:52 am But, there was no "previously established" position. If you're referring to what Otagaki said, he simply stated that he didn't care if it was accepted as part of the core narrative. There was none of this "canon" ZOINKS that Otakumode's interview translation had churned out which started this bizarre "alt-UC" nonsense from the getgo.
Interestingly, I have been able to find several Japanese resources including Gundam Thunderbolt's own page on Wikipedia that clearly reference this "bizarre 'alt-UC' nonsense" to which MythSearcher refers.

That article refers to Gundam Thunderbolt as "a work set in 「ANOTHER U.C. (Universal Century)」 drawn with a different worldview".

Deacon Blues wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:52 am Oh, wait, lookie there! I cited an interview! Gasp! It conflicts with a printed book too! Oh, whatever shall we do?!
You didn't cite an interview... you made claims about what an interview allegedly says, but you did not actually source those statements.

MythSearcher wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:39 pm My point is, a book published with the IP owner's approval and assistance [...]
For the record, that's called a "licensed publication". :wink:
The Macross Mecha Manual
MythSearcher

Deacon Blues wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:52 am

Yeah, I figured you'd cherrypick that from the paragraph, but that's not what it means in the context of the section. Good try, though.
You can interpret the sentence all you want, that is the only place those works appeared in that book so I am not cherry picking a paragraph, that is the only place in that PDF that mentioned anything related to those shows. I cannot cherry pick something from a publication if that is the only instance it occurred, and let me remind you, you are the one who tried to source it, not me. And it is nothing contradicting the UC Memorial booklet like you claimed, AND both listed those two works specifically different from 0080, 0083 and 08th MS team. Good luck getting a rational explanation about what "Another UC" meant other than they are not in the same genealogy as all the other shows, which you never really gave other than repeat your "There are other explanations"/"not what it means in the context"(i.e. you hate it because you insisted everything must be in the same continuum, everything is canon no matter how contradicting they are and cannot happen in another, alternative timeline.) excuse.

BTW, the words I quoted up there are the only words in that paragraph relating to TB and ORIGIN, so you better explain what context you are talking about. Because that page is talking about events happening in OYW and I cannot think of any other contexts when they say it is a different genealogy from "this chronology". Like I said, enlighten me, I may not be at your level of interpretation skills so I cannot find any other context and you will have to be specific and explain this in details other than "There are other contexts/explanations you need to think of yourself".

Also, you just stated none of the interviews are official, and then you try to rely on what the producer said. Nice try, but it is the same type of thing I just discredited in Gundam Officials on the other post because it self contradicts. Now, you see, I am willing to discredit a source book I like to use and place at the top of the sources as long as it makes sense, while you have not provide anything backing up your claims other than saying you can interpret things in other ways where you haven't explain what interpretation can be made.

Like I said, I am not going to argue with you, you are the one arguing against yourself because you keep contradicting your own claims and never give any sources backing it up nor even give a valid rational explanation of your own claims in very clear official published wordings. Yes, you can claim everything is fluid, but then you have to give rationale detailing how is it fluid in this case. You cannot insist a sentence can be interpreted in another way but do not state what and how you are trying to interpret it and assume people will just take your word for it and agree to your unstated interpretation.

You know, your interpretations makes little to no sense. Your claims about everything is fluid is just an excuse to dismiss everything you don't like, you obviously try to defend your own interpretations by saying some of the publications supports your views, but at the same time you discredit every single type of publication(whether they are interviews, settings, plot from various stories, timelines, etc.) so you really shouldn't be using anything to support your own views or you are contradicting yourself. But since you need to claim to have some source supporting you or your points gets even less authoritative, you insisted you can interpret things differently in sources when they clearly don't support your views, which means you are still not really trying to get any real supporting materials to back your views.
No, I am not even saying the sources support my view, I am just saying the sources you try to cite or have not cite does not support yours. It doesn't have to support my views as long as it does not support yours because essentially you have cited nothing as the end result.

Now, look, let me help you. What you have to give rationales for are:
1) Why does both of these publications clearly separates the anime into two groups, one "Another UC"/"Another genealogy" and the other just regularly stated without addendum.
2) What "Other interpretation" you can rationally make out of the words "Another UC" or "Another genealogy" that meant anything other than my interpretation.
Bonus 3) What are the differences of "Another UC" and "Another Story" in UC Memorial.(This seemed like your best hope in getting a reasonable explanation out of it.)
Seto Kaiba wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:22 am He has done you the courtesy of citing his source...
And I also went out of my way to cite his source as well, the Hathaway's Flash PDF he claimed to have countered that claim.(which didn't help him but hey, I guess at least I found a new source so all's well. ;9
For the record, that's called a "licensed publication". :wink:
Thank you. I am not just referring to licensed publication, there are tons of licensed publications for Gundam, but few with "Assistance: Sunrise" on them.
Underrated GM Custom

Chris wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:19 pm I haven't seen confirmation of which Sunrise studio worked on each project, but apparently the studio that did Thunderbolt is now doing Hathaway.
Do we know how many in-house studio teams Sunrise has? I've also heard a rumor the G-Reco folks were working on Hathaway but that didn't make a whole lot of sense to me since I figure they have their hands full working on the G-Reco movies. Unless it was a brief all-hands on deck crunch period to finish Hathaway in time for a deadline.
Seto Kaiba

Underrated GM Custom wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:39 pm Do we know how many in-house studio teams Sunrise has? I've also heard a rumor the G-Reco folks were working on Hathaway but that didn't make a whole lot of sense to me since I figure they have their hands full working on the G-Reco movies.
Based on the interview section of Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt: Record of Thunderbolt Vol.1 (pg114), at least some production team members (e.g. director Kou Matsuo) moved directly from working on Reconguista in G to Gundam Thunderbolt. The very first question in Matsuo's interview concerns his challenges changing gears from G-Reco to Thunderbolt after being tapped to direct the ONA at around the time work on G-Reco's final episode was underway.

I am not sure how many are operating concurrently, but at least 11 distinct primary production groups are mentioned in Sunrise's late 2010s, not counting Sunrise's in-house tweening group, CG animation group, and the Beyond team that used to be part of Xebec.
The Macross Mecha Manual