Unique Mobile Suits.

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Mafty

Unique Mobile Suits.

Sorry if this is too vague, but what Gundam series do you think has the most unique mobile suit designs? I know Gundam's design's were different from other mech shows to start with, but eventually they formed their own kind of unique design that other series followed. So theese would be examples that are different from the norm in Gundam

F91- Crossbone Vanguard Knight Mobile Suits: I know that Knight Mechs date all the way back to OG: but Crossbone Vanguard seemed to have it as their specific theme, eg the Den Series.

Victory: The insect like models of the Zanscare. An interesting and unexplained design that becomes more prominent as the series goes on. The Mechs have insect like eyes; are rounded kind of like beetles, and have vibrant colors like tropical insects.

Turn A: The Moonrace Units; they are for lack of a better term "Space Age", and fit well to differentiate the Moonrace society from Earth.
Seto Kaiba

Re: Unique Mobile Suits.

It's Zeta Gundam... they let Mamoru Nagano do the mechanical designs for that series, and it came out every bit as crazy and unconventional as everything else he does.

You had all sorts of weird non-standard shapes like the Methuss, Asshimar, Baund Doc, Pallas Athene, The O, Byarlant, etc. and a fair number of oddly proportioned transformable MS's as well.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
Kuruni

You should check Crossbone Gundam's antagonist MS. It got more and more weird as Hasegawa keep push on. By the time of Ghost, we've "freakshow" theme MS, and the level of weirdness remain the same afterward.

And people serms to agree that the one saving grace of AGE is how Vagan's MS are really stand out, especially with those transformable dragons (and a gorilla). Speaking of which, I guess ZAFT's BuCUE really push the border by using animal.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Dark Duel

The BuCUE’s practically a Zoid with a monoeye…I love it
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Mafty

Reconguista in G? Say what you will about the story, the mechs themselves actually look pretty neat. Its kinda like they crossed the Bug type Mechs from Zanscare with designs from Eureka Seven.
pirx

G Gundam? I always thought you can't go weirder that that. Sailor Moon Gundam, Mermaid Gundam etc etc
Kuruni

pirx wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:25 am G Gundam? I always thought you can't go weirder that that. Sailor Moon Gundam, Mermaid Gundam etc etc
The trick is that they're mobile fighters, not suits. If we really count everything, then SD Gundam is most unique, hand down
MythSearcher

Kuruni wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:47 am

The trick is that they're mobile fighters, not suits. If we really count everything, then SD Gundam is most unique, hand down
Objection, the JMS/MMS Zaku head in D Gundam might just be a tad more unique than SD Gundam.
Kuruni

Well,here're some RPG monsters from Seikihei Monogatari.

But of course, these days we also have stuff from Battle-Rave like Dino Gundam. It's suck that we never see them outside of their home series.