Stargazer?

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Mafty

Stargazer?

So I know this is an old project; but seeing as today (or yesterday depending on the time zone) is the fifteenth anniversary, and more CE projects are on the way, what does everyone think of the Stargazer ONA?

A lot of people prefer it to Destiny story wise. I agree that it lacks many of the issues the plagued Destiny especially in its second half like focusing on more three dimensional characters and politics, exploring different parts of the expansive CE Universe, and cutting out filler and useless side plots, Though a different director and shorter runtime also probably helped in this. That being said the series is a bit too short, and doesn't really give enough time to develop most of the more interesting characters and worldbuilding, plus the budget seems to drop in the last episode for some reason.

So what does everyone else think? Do you like it more the Seed Destiny, Less, The Same?
Underrated GM Custom

Re: Stargazer?

I liked Seed quite a bit when it first aired and I remember liking Star Gazer quite a bit, it was an interesting premise, great actions scenes and it didn't overstay it's welcome. In it's very short runtime it made made the characters more endearing than GSD did in 50 episodes of runtime.

The variants of Strike, Buster and Duel were all interesting and had the same powerlevel / drawbacks as the original seed so it kept the tension during battles. I expected we'd see a lot of Seed spinoffs with that kind of premise. Seeing what the Earth forces put together based on the original Gundams. I've heard that the characters in Stargazer show up in the some of the Seed mangas but I haven't read any yet myself.
tHeWasTeDYouTh

Re: Stargazer?

I wish Stargazer had been a 6 or 12 episode OVA so they could have fleshed out the characters. I do love the new MS designs that came out and the story of the Earth Alliance special forces doing their black ops missions. Favorite episode is the first one because you almost never have a tank vs mobile suit battle and I like the Linear tank.

edit: music is pretty good as well
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!