MSG trilogy on Netflix

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Chris
Administrator

MSG trilogy on Netflix

So we all know that as of today, the original MSG trilogy and CCA are on Netflix. For those that this matters to, it seems that Netflix is using the original audio track rather than the re-recorded 2000 version that we've had on DVD and Blu-ray in North America. I haven't watched the latter movies to see if they have the original music placement, but I spot compared the opening to the Blu-ray and it's definitely not the same audio track.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
PowerdGNFlag

Re: MSG trilogy on Netflix

The test that I used was the Jaburo battle on movie II; the original audio track had Ai Senshi start playing when the Zeon suits drop from the Gaws, which was not present in the re-recording. One thing I did not track down was the subtitles; did they use a new translation or stick with existing ones?
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
Chris
Administrator

The test I used was the bonk/boink sound the Zakus make when they land on the surface of Side 7. In the original track, it's the same effect that is used in later series to represent the monoeye light up effect. I stumbled upon this by accident, because I was actually checking the subtitles. The description for the third movie incorrectly uses "Duchy of Zeon" so I was wondering if this was using the same outdated scripts as the version posted to Gundam.info's YouTube channel a while back. However, the Netflix script uses the modern names like Principality of Zeon, but I didn't check that against the Blu-ray version for any other differences.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Wingzero00

Thanks for letting me know about this being on Netflix. I've watched pretty much everything gundam. But never seen these movies and honestly it's pretty hard to re-watch the original run for me.