Zeon's Last Stand?

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Mafty

Zeon's Last Stand?

I know the timeline of the UC is rather flexible at times. So is there any (relatively) concrete evidence on when exactly Zeon itself ceases? Do they simply disappear at the beginning of the Second Universal Century, or could they be still tied somewhat to the Crossbone Vanguard and the Zanscare?
MythSearcher

Re: Zeon's Last Stand?

Officially the Republic of Zeon gave up autonomy in 0100.
But you still have Mars Zeon in 0120 (F90) which did not have any contact with other remnants and than a random Neo Zeon Remnant with a Doga in one of the Crossbone stories(forgot which one).
No actual organisational ties with CV and Zanscare nor Jupiter Empire are on official accounts but you can always speculate some of those remnants not satisfied with the Federation is likely to join factions fighting it.
Underrated GM Custom

Gundam Inle photo novel (continuing the Advance of Zeta storyline) features a ReZeon on Mars in the 0087 to 0091 timeframe. I love the ship and suit designs for the series but the characters designs and dialogue seemed like its aimed at a younger audience.

Dom III and Alternate Zaku III
https://hobby.dengeki.com/aoz/illust/reboot02-a/

Mad Angler -> Sand Angler
https://hobby.dengeki.com/aoz/illust/reboot02-b/

Gallus S resembling a Geara Doga Heavy
https://hobby.dengeki.com/aoz/illust/reboot03/

After four years of development we have enhanced the Barzams mohawks 200%
https://hobby.dengeki.com/aoz/illust/reboot04/

Spaceship Design
https://hobby.dengeki.com/aoz/illust/reboot09/

A thread with some additional information:
https://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?t=17093
Kuruni

MythSearcher wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:11 pm No actual organisational ties with CV and Zanscare nor Jupiter Empire are on official accounts but you can always speculate some of those remnants not satisfied with the Federation is likely to join factions fighting it.
Not official indeed, but...

Formula Wars 0122 show the Old Mobile working with CV, although the latter seems to pull off and left Old Mobile by the last mission.

AoZ Reboot note that Mars Zeon does has connection with Axis Neo Zeon. But since both sides get caught with civil war (Haman and Glemmy factions for Neo Zeon, Mars Zeon and ReZeon for Mars Zeon) both of them are too busy to work together.

Recent development in Moon Gundam suggest that there're some of Neo Zeon force stay independent instead of join Char (that's how we get Illia's Zaku IV. LONG before that, Hitoshi Fukushi include this Big Saurer among other Double Fake MS in MS90 design. From what I gathet, it's Zeon Remnant' answer to Axis's Queen Mansa and Neo Zeon's Alpha Aziel, a symbol that they're true successor to Zeon's ideal.
My girlfriend was a loli.
MythSearcher

Kuruni wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 2:09 am Recent development in Moon Gundam suggest that there're some of Neo Zeon force stay independent instead of join Char (that's how we get Illia's Zaku IV. LONG before that, Hitoshi Fukushi include this Big Saurer among other Double Fake MS in MS90 design. From what I gathet, it's Zeon Remnant' answer to Axis's Queen Mansa and Neo Zeon's Alpha Aziel, a symbol that they're true successor to Zeon's ideal.
You also get quite some Zeon remnants joining Johnny Ridden's cause in RoJR instead of Char.
So yes, there are pockets of remnants running all over the place, way too many of them and losing OYW is mainly because they couldn't get along and fight together instead of because they only have 1/10 of EFF's military strength.
Mafty

I wish they'd translate AOZ Inle Dream of the Black Rabbit; the mech designs look so cool, and the story seems quite interesting. It honestly makes more sense that Mars would have been colonized like the moon and have generations of Zeon remnants (like Ayers City in Sentinel) than Gundam F90 wherein remnants of like 50 people have somehow survived on inhospitable Martian climates with limited resources/shelter for 30 years.

Furthermore the more developed the outer spheres (like Jupiter and Mars) are in the later UC, the more sense it makes that they'd have the resources to wage guerilla movements and/or formulate the next earth sphere rebellion(ie the Jupiter Empire and Zanscare).
Underrated GM Custom

Kuruni wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 2:09 am Hitoshi Fukushi include this Big Saurer among other Double Fake MS in MS90 design. From what I gathet, it's Zeon Remnant' answer to Axis's Queen Mansa and Neo Zeon's Alpha Aziel, a symbol that they're true successor to Zeon's ideal.
My goodness, I never expected them to combine a Musai with Big Zam but there it is. I can only imagine how that thing moves.
Mafty wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 10:41 am I wish they'd translate AOZ Inle Dream of the Black Rabbit; the mech designs look so cool, and the story seems quite interesting. It honestly makes more sense that Mars would have been colonized like the moon and have generations of Zeon remnants (like Ayers City in Sentinel) than Gundam F90 wherein remnants of like 50 people have somehow survived on inhospitable Martian climates with limited resources/shelter for 30 years.

Furthermore the more developed the outer spheres (like Jupiter and Mars) are in the later UC, the more sense it makes that they'd have the resources to wage guerilla movements and/or formulate the next earth sphere rebellion(ie the Jupiter Empire and Zanscare).

Absolutely agree, I think Mars Zeon is a great angle to explore from a geopolitical, military and logistical stand point. Shame there's been so few attention on it.