Big West and HG strike deal! Macross is free!

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Mafty

Re: Big West and HG strike deal! Macross is free!

Well according to a recent release on ANN . Big West intends to release ALL of the Macross stuff (Anime, Manga, Artbooks, etc) to the market. When this is to happen Is not clear, but we'll probably get the Manga and maybe the games as well.
Seto Kaiba

Well... not ALL of it.

They'll release new stuff that's coming out and some select older stuff... but some of it is going to be cut down from its Japanese editions to remove content from the original TV series or DYRL.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
bhayes82

Wow. this is fab news!!! I didn't think it would happen. The hard part will be to teach the general public that Macross is NOT robotech.

I think with regards to dubs. Imagine if they partnered with the Funimation and got their voice talent pool to work on new dubs.

now that would be VERY interesting. I think a quick easy money maker for the 40th would be a DUB of Macross DYRL and Macross Zero and a re-release of Macross PLUS with the original '90s dub on blu-ray. what a cool thing that would be.
Underrated GM Custom

I'm very curious what their release schedule is going to be and how they're going to stagger releases. As bhayes82 mentions it would be a good opportunity for them to introduce the original show to a new generation, I think DYRL is a great way to start.

Macross Frontier would also be an excellent gateway since it doesn't require extensive knowledge to jump into the series, whereas Macross Zero loses some impact if you're not familiar with the universe.