Iron Blooded Ending

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
MetalNeptune479

Iron Blooded Ending

After finishing Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans, I had heard that the series was supposed to end on a darker note. From what I read a bit, the Director wanted a Kill em all ending where all of Tekkadan died, including those tied to the organization like Kudelia, and how the reason why the series ended on a bittersweet note was due to writer disagreements.

One scenario came to mind when I think of the Pessimistic Ending would be like the conclusion presented in the anime, except that near the end when the Tekkadan Evacuees tried to escape through the tunnel, Rustal had thought ahead long ago, looked up Chryse's infrastructure and found the tunnel leading to Tekkadan HQ, sent in soldiers through Chryse's side of the tunnel and have them intercept the evacuees and gun them all down and Tekkadan's remaining combatants are slain.

Does anybody else know about the details of Iron-Blooded Orphans scrapped Ending?
BrentD15

Re: Iron Blooded Ending

MetalNeptune479 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:37 pm After finishing Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans, I had heard that the series was supposed to end on a darker note. From what I read a bit, the Director wanted a Kill em all ending where all of Tekkadan died, including those tied to the organization like Kudelia, and how the reason why the series ended on a bittersweet note was due to writer disagreements.

One scenario came to mind when I think of the Pessimistic Ending would be like the conclusion presented in the anime, except that near the end when the Tekkadan Evacuees tried to escape through the tunnel, Rustal had thought ahead long ago, looked up Chryse's infrastructure and found the tunnel leading to Tekkadan HQ, sent in soldiers through Chryse's side of the tunnel and have them intercept the evacuees and gun them all down and Tekkadan's remaining combatants are slain.

Does anybody else know about the details of Iron-Blooded Orphans scrapped Ending?
I personally don't remember the details, but I did hear that Gaelio wasn't supposed to come back for Season 2, but that was changed during production.

Changes during production always poke at that "What Could Have Been" part of me.
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
yazi88

Re: Iron Blooded Ending

Things change during mid production often for anime, including who dies or not. Ain't the 1st time in Gundam and especially mecha anime overall. Hell, this applies for non-mecha anime too.