Amuro Deserts

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
MetalNeptune479

Amuro Deserts

Suppose Amuro Deserted the White Base without taking the Gundam (or any vehicle). Would he have had a change of Heart like Kai and came back, or would his animosity towards Bright drive him away? Would he have defected to Zeon and became a pilot, join another federation unit, or given up piloting altogether? Would he have stayed out of the war, or contributed to the war effort in non combat roles using his tech expertise?
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

Re: Amuro Deserts

I'd like to think that he would open a bread shop named, "I dun' goufed." But what do I know?
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
Mafty

Re: Amuro Deserts

I think what would've happened with Kai would have ultimately ended up being similar to what happened to Amuro. Even if they had the Gundam , they were still short a Newtype pilot, which would leave them in a bind. Amuro would probably have seen (or more likely sensed)the crisis that occurred come the next battle and decided he HAD to return . Whether it would be because he felt responsible, or at that point figured nobody else could keep up with him in the Gundam.