Your Favorite Gundam Voice Dubbing Team?

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
bhayes82

Your Favorite Gundam Voice Dubbing Team?

With the exception of the dub made for Original Gundam movie trilogy back in the late '90s and the Zeta Gundam dub.

the voice dub teams hired to dub gundam shows have always been done VERY well.

i feel that the Ocean Group team are very talented. they're the best. they took the MSG series (which honestly was brilliant for its time, but in actuality is a clunky looking late 70s era robot show) and made it relatable thanks to the strong performances by the voice cast. they're strong performances and their approach to the dubbing made that show likeable and watachable. its truly a crime that they weren't brought back to work on zeta gundam.

from what I understand there's the Blue Water team and their A-Team in Calgary?

then there's the dubbing team that has worked on the OAVs (0080, 0083, 8th Team, Unicorn, F91). they're talented too. they're based in Los Angeles.

then there's the new talent that has worked on Gundam Origin and Thunderbolt.

i have not watched Reconguista in G, SD and this build divers shows.

but who's your favorite dubbing team?
Iris Scope

Re: Your Favorite Gundam Voice Dubbing Team?

Ocean Group which have handled superbly many of the dubs of other anime properties like Black Lagoon, Ranma 1/2, and Inuyasha. Been a fan of them since I saw Big Trouble in Nekonron China; the first Ranma film; and the fact that they have kept dubbing with the same group of people for the most part in Vancouver shows that they got a lot of dedication to stick to their guns.

I suppose the same can be said for American dubs but they're all over the place from L.A., to Texas, to New York that it's hard to keep track.
tHeWasTeDYouTh

I have been very pleased with all the companies that dubbed gundam shows starting from Gundam Wing all the way to Gundam Seed Destiny. The voice actors that played Murata Azrael and Rau Le Creuset did an amazing job in Gundam Seed.
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!
BrentD15

While I can greatly appreciate the work Ocean Group put into dubbing the OG Gundam series (especially for the game localizations), I can't help but notice that they sometimes have replacement VA's for minor characters, like Ryu, M'Quve, etc.

But this could be me just being ignorant of who dubs the games.
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25