THE ONE YEAR WARS RE:0079

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
doctorx0079

THE ONE YEAR WARS RE:0079

Has anybody been watching this? Where does it come from? It appears to be a TV show which combines live-action segments with previously animated footage.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... aupelVZSRE
yazi88

Re: THE ONE YEAR WARS RE:0079

It looks like a commentary documentary that is also a mash-up of various clips from different anime and video games.

I definitely recognize some Gihren's Greed footage here.
doctorx0079

In the comments someone said it's from NHK.
doghunter1

Hi everyone. I'm back from a long absence here due to various reasons.

Seen that documentary series. What I found odd was that there were people in real life talking like in-universe historians living in Universal Century. Was this a collaboration with Sunrise and some television network considering the live-action segments?
doctorx0079

doghunter1 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:19 am What I found odd was that there were people in real life talking like in-universe historians living in Universal Century.
I thought that was pretty cool. It's also nice to see iconic scenes with better animation that I hadn't seen before.
doghunter1 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:19 am Was this a collaboration with Sunrise and some television network considering the live-action segments?
One of the YouTube commenters said it's NHK. The commenter seems to be a Japanese person who is learning English.
doghunter1

doctorx0079 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:06 pm
doghunter1 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:19 am
Was this a collaboration with Sunrise and some television network considering the live-action segments?
One of the YouTube commenters said it's NHK. The commenter seems to be a Japanese person who is learning English.
If that be the case, why did Sunrise allow NHK to use media the former don't declare "Official". I'd hate to resume the argument that rocked Mechatalk over "Officiality" and it being synonymous with "Canon". It's one thing that even Japanese Gundam fans have to work their way around every Gundam-related media over "Officiality" and its relationship with continuity but it's another to get NHK involved.

Would that mean that even Sunrise nowadays just allows people to invent their own canon and teamed up with NHK by way of this documentary just to make it clear?
doctorx0079

I don't think they used a lot of video game footage that would contradict the anime, but I didn't scrutinize it that much.