Gundam 40th Anniversary Special Movie

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.

Moderators: ShadowCell, EZero8

AGF-Antoine
Lackey GM Pilot

Gundam 40th Anniversary Special Movie

Post by AGF-Antoine » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:08 am

The Mobile Suit Gundam 40th Anniversary "G40 Project" Special Movie has finally been added to GundamInfo.

Personally I think their version of Gundam Rising is a pretty interesting take.

Also, loved their take on the Space Colony.
Seemed to look like the one from the terrorist incident depicted in Gundam Unicorn.

Other then that, it shows different events from the entire anime up to Last Shooting.
Sadly it only shows RX-78-2 Industrial Design Version and the counterpart variations of Zaku II and Char's Zaku II.
Obviously the special is a 15 minute Gunpla ad, regardless, I hope the Zaku II's get High Grade models as well.

Kuruni
Gun-toting Patlabor Pilot

Re: Gundam 40th Anniversary Special Movie

Post by Kuruni » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:52 am

Zaku with riiot shield is pretty interesting.

...mostly because the front view remind me of Saku from Tony's manga :p .
My girlfriend was a loli.

Dark Duel
Determined Shonen Hero

Post by Dark Duel » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:01 pm

That was an exceedingly interesting reinterpretation of the original. I especially liked the redesigned colony - almost looked more like a Stanford Torus variant rather than the usual O'Neil cylinder. Though it being in Earth orbit rather than one of the Lagrange points was sort of odd to me, but it works, I guess.

I also rather liked the redesigned Gundam and Zakus, especially the MS-06S with two spiked shoulders and a smaller forearm shield.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS
// GUNPLA THREAD //

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."

hitokirigarou
Pilot's Doomed Girlfriend

Post by hitokirigarou » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:51 am

Who is the woman in front of the Gundam's head? Amuro's mother?

I got Mazinger Z vibes (Koji Kabuto being introduced to Mazinger Z by his grandfather).

Chris
Bald Wizard

Post by Chris » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:44 pm

hitokirigarou wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:51 am
Who is the woman in front of the Gundam's head? Amuro's mother?

I got Mazinger Z vibes (Koji Kabuto being introduced to Mazinger Z by his grandfather).
Yes, it's Kamaria Ray.
"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

PSN: amuromsz006
Nintendo Network: mariomsz006

Henyo
Elitist Earth Politician

Post by Henyo » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:47 am

anyone did a little digging in what episodes the special featured? and how did those Zakus float inside a colony..wasnt the gravity centralized in them? or did i missed reading on some colony tech...

also, i was under the impression that the redesign for the RX-78 was divisive? or was it just the FB doods?
i certainly found the Justice Gundam like top pink thingie weird...and the face is too small...gives me G-Self vibes..
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!