The Official Gundam Build Divers Re:RISE Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Kuruni

The Official Gundam Build Divers Re:RISE Thread Mk I

Consider how there's no hype at all this time, I suspect that it will be good. I mean, it made Captain Zeon official, what can be wrong with that?

Regardless, the very first thing I notice is that the MC's name is Hiroto Kuga and he use Gundam that can swap armor to red, blue, and green. Now, if they plan to give it black armor with gold trim in the finale...
My girlfriend was a loli.
Henyo

Re: Gundam Build Divers Re:RISE

Ayup. no hype whatsover for this one. havent even seen the femela character designs. that one might be enough to make me power through this sequel.

and also, i understood that reference. and it'd be wasted on this Sequel.
dont know about captain zeon but if its what i think it is then we might as well put in G Saviour units/reference.
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
Kuruni

Re: Gundam Build Divers Re:RISE

They upload first two episodes at once. And it did better to reel me in than GBD, IMO.

The MSG salt reference is good one, don't see it coming.

Now, I would like to see Hiroto swear he'll protect everyone's smile :p .
domtropen

Re: The Official Gundam Build Divers Re:RISE Thread Mk I

Justice Knight is too much of a joke :mrgreen: Maybe Wadom has some hidden mode not shown yet? Hope Re:RISE won't go down to "the world is gonna be destroyed" plot again. The previous GBD would be better for me if it stayed just fun + competition online game route...
yazi88

I'm keeping low expectations here for this show since Divers was quite bland and mediocre in just about every way...

But things might be a bit better here since this show has a different writer than Divers. I'll check out a couple of more eps to see where it goes.

Its off to a ok start.
Dark Duel

So far so good. Not as effective a hook as that incredibly badass prologue episode for BD was, but certainly off to a better start than the main BD series itself - or than BFT, for that matter. At least its protagonists don't look like Digimon main character ripoffs.

Was not expecting to see any of the previous series characters turn up at all, so it was cool to get a cameo from one of them. Plus the initial story arc seems to be fairly interesting, and the multi-stage "Story Mission" mechanic is an intriguing enough twist on the established formula to keep me interested.

Still not wild about the Core Gundam, and I really don't like Justice Knight or Kazami, but Hiroto really caught my interest from the outset, and I admit to being exceedingly curious about May and what her deal is. Plus, the WaDom is an unorthodox choice for a main character MS, so I definitely am interested enough to keep watching.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Kuruni

Third episodes in, and it still hold better than previous series. The fact that they're struggle to pass the mission and only get it done because Hiroto has backup plan from start make it closer to GBF (you known, when strategy and tactic is more important than using OP move).
yazi88

It helps that Hiroto is actually skilled and used to Gunpla battle from the beginning and isn't a dumb newbie like in the previous 3 shows.

Although the Knight Justice guy and the wimpy kid are pretty annoying and useless too...
Amion

I'm thinking Hiroto's dad is actually responsible for the story mission. Just a wild guess. And I'm assuming his childhood friend is actually the girl he met in the diveverse.

The Core Gundam has officially impressed me. I really like both its forms.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Kuruni

Cap Zeon is hammy enough to be awesome.

So Par has acrophobia, and the realistic VR experience doesn't help him. This is pretty clever IMO.

I've feeling that the Story Mission is really a community of EL and the team are likely to learn it hard way.
yazi88

I laughed my ass off when Captain Zeon did a commentary for liking and subscriing to his video feed, and you see PATRICK from 00 dressed up as a ROBIN KNOCK-OFF SIDEKICK to Captain Zeon. That had me laughing hard!

Seriously... these Patrick Corlasawar cameos were the best part of Gundam Build Divers, but its nice to see it continued in this sequel.

Also laughed at the KOU URAKI CARROTS joke in this ep.

Atleast they have some decent comedy bits here and there.
Dark Duel

I was kinda shocked at how much better the Zero Custom can pull off SF's colors than even the SF can.
Apart from that, another pretty great episode. Nice to see that, unless I'm much mistaken, Hiroto seems to be working on putting together the Veetwo using that cannon they just won. Also, "No carrots!" was hilarious.
Another solid episode.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Kuruni

A little weaker than usual. I hope that the real reason Par kicking ass after Morgiana activate its wings is mostly because of him being excite and still has trouble with height afterward (but now with some self confident).

For some reason, I like Hiroto's awkward smile. But what's truly cool is how Veetwo hanging under Earthree Armor, just like Kuuga Pegasus with Gouram.

Kazami, however, just hit the new low.
Kuruni

Finally, they pull hard development on Kazami. What surprised me is that it's also trigger Hiroto's.

With bit of his past revealed, now Kazami come off exactly like an immature player in online game. And since that's what actually happen IRL, people seem to more forgiving to him somewhat. Lets hope that the next episode can pull convincible character development.

Oh, and Hinata look good in archery gear :) .
AceWhatever

Just watched the first episode today and it's already off to a bad start by doubling down on the "VR MMO written by people who don't understand how MMOs work" problem that the first GBD had.

Why does the main character have a framed photo of what is basically an in-game screenshot? How does Kazami get to accept a mission on behalf of 3 other strangers and why does the loner MC not immediately refuse the team formation prompt?
Kuruni

Episode 7. Kazami finally stop being useless, and I actually like his development better than Par's. Instead of instantly become badass, he just has guts to barely pull through it.
Kuruni

8 & 9. It still hold nicely. Good to see Hiroto actually has to get a kick in order to learn about teamwork, and Kazami is much more likable now.

There's something that doesn't make sense for a VR game, but since we saw Hiroto's bruise on his head in preview, I think it's safe to say it's full isekai story now.

Big surprise at the end of 9, don't see that coming.
yazi88

Thankfully 8 and 9 were quite better than the previous 3 eps cause it was slowing down quite a bit and the focus on the 2 useless members of the team in very cliche ways. I was about to drop the show as it seemed to go down the generic route of the previous show but 8 and 9 saved that by having interesting action and decent pacing.
Henyo

man, between Beastars and this i am seriously considering adding Furry to my otaku creds. still some episodes behind thanks to work but what i've watched has been okay-ish. whats fun however is Captain Zeon. even better is him being voiced by Hayami Show. anyone big on the idea that he's the Rommel Furry from the original?

also, this one is technically Isekai on Isekai..have we reached peak isekai?
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
Kuruni

Episode 10. The battle at start is pretty cool, it's also nice to see some old faces in May's flashback (I think Sarah is even more cute than before).

Hinata's motion is directly lifted from dating sim XD .

The rest of the episode is breather, and since I smile for most part of it, it's good. Petitguy's drop in is actually far more natural than in GBD.

On the other hand, look like both May and Hiroto are aware that they aren't in game's proper anymore, and Jed just set up his death flag.