The Official Gundam Build Divers Re:RISE Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
branman88

Re: The Official Gundam Build Divers Re:RISE Thread Mk I

Was Masaki attacking his own forces at the end?
I AM THE CHOSEN CHILD OF GETTER!
Kuruni

It look like so. However, with the Eldora MS acting strange near the end of the episode, it's also possible that not all of them are under Alus' control.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Kuruni

Episode 16 finally return to the form of S1. I thought Par will has to get over his acrophobia again, thankfully it isn't the case.

Cuadorn reminds me somewhat of G-Griff from Seikihei Monogatari, but it isn't clear cut.

Alus Core Gundam ...I just can't shake image of Kamen Rider Evol Black Hole from it. That being said, I wish that instead of core change to other PLANET armors, its forms will be based on other BUILD DiVERS gunpla?
AGF-Antoine

branman88 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:48 pmWas Masaki attacking his own forces at the end?
Spoiler
Yes, I assume it has to do with Hiroto / Jupitive Gundam damaging the head of Gundam Seltsam.
Since that is where the control system of Eldora units is located.
As revealed recently, with the Guard Eye in the head of Eldora Windam.
And thus probably means Shido Masaki / Sid is regaining his senses (from the obvious mind control by Alus).
Kuruni wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:02 pmThat being said, I wish that instead of core change to other PLANET armors, its forms will be based on other BUILD DiVERS gunpla?
Spoiler
Second form is already known, and is based on Nu Gundam.
I'm really enjoying Re:RISE, but certain aspects are a bit too similar to the first season of Sword Art Online.
Regardless, it is new for a Build series (or Gundam in general), so that at least is refreshing.
Spoiler
I really enjoyed that the two common Gundam tropes to stop a Colony Laser from firing didn't work.
(beam barraging the energy collector and self-destructing an unit directly next to the energy collector)
Also really curious about equipping the older Armors on Core Gundam II.
I assume they'll either still be called by their original names, or Earthree Gundam II and such.
Chris
Administrator

Well, we now have an official answer regarding if the broadcast would be affected by the coronavirus, courtesy of the official Gundam Global Portal Page on Facebook:
Postponement of streaming and broadcasting schedule due to the spreading coronavirus outbreaks.

We’re truly grateful to you for your continuous support for “Gundam Build Divers Re:RISE”.

Please be informed that we’ve decided to postpone streaming and broadcasting the series of “Gundam Build Divers Re:RISE” under the current circumstance of the spreading coronavirus outbreaks.

We’re going to stream/broadcast up to the 18th episode as planned, and we will announce the detailed plan to resume streaming/broadcasting for the 19th episode onward as soon as we decide on such dates and times.

We apologize to you all as you’re looking forward to watching the series and would like to ask you to understand the situation and stay patient for the time being.

We’re resolved to produce better programs while we prioritize the safety of our staff and cast.

Please continue to support us as always.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
AGF-Antoine

I highly doubt the problem actually lies with the production or streaming of the anime
Considering anime are usually already done before they start airing.

I deem it more plausible that it has to do with lower model sales, lower Gunpla production capacity, etc.
I mean, the cut-off moment is probably right before the upgraded units get used on Eldora.

Also, did anyone else vote for the poll they are holding for which Gunpla should appear in Build Divers Battlogue?
I'm pretty sure that Penelope will be one of the winners.
branman88

AGF-Antoine wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:50 pm Also, did anyone else vote for the poll they are holding for which Gunpla should appear in Build Divers Battlogue?
I'm pretty sure that Penelope will be one of the winners.
Yeah I voted, l went with Penelope and Moon Gundam.
AGF-Antoine

branman88 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:54 pmYeah I voted, l went with Penelope and Moon Gundam.
Both seem like very possible units that make the cut
Must say, I really like Odysseus Gundam, but the Penelope unit not so much.
And would love to see how Moon Gundam's panels actually work animated in movement.

I actually voted twice, due to finding out about the Japanese poll first.

First time I voted for:
Pale Rider [Ground Heavy Equipment Type]: Would love to see Pale Rider and the HADES System animated.
Gundam Barbatos Lupus Rex: Would love to see an IBO unit in a Build series, Lupus Rex seems the most popular.

Second time I voted vor:
0 Gundam: My overall favorite Mobile Suit.
Forever Gundam: A top 5 unit a mine and the main unit for my own custom, Gundam G-Scoundrel.

Second set of votes is because I don't want them to have 0% of the votes, almost zero chance of making it in.
Honestly, I only give any chance to my tactical vote, Gundam Barbatos Lupus Rex.
My actual favorite unit from IBO is Gundam Gusion Rebake, but it would have very little chance of making it.
Amion

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of the bird developer in Divers to actually BE one of the ancients from the Dogworld. (can't remember the planet's name... blast it, no pun intended). Cuadorn reminds me waaaay to much of her.

It may even explain EVERYTHING about Divers, if the entire game is actually based on the ancient scanners and information beings. Perhaps their info-sphere was going to crash from old age or some other extenuating circumstance led them to get earthlings to unintentionally build and provide for their digital world. Or maybe even the entire thing was meant to be a giant rescue flag for Alus to detect, that me might figure it out and send aid or something. LOTS of possibility to run with this idea.

If the Build Divers world is such an alien tech, it would explain why the moderators were so edgy about acting on the Break Decals. Perhaps they were afraid to let it have publicity out of fear it might lead to big questions no one could answer with earth-tech (or even earth physics), and so they opted to go with outright denial of anything wrong. Like those flying saucers...

"What Flying Saucers you conspiracy tin-foil brained nutcase? Lol"

"Break Decals? There's no evidence of those existing in the game code! None. Nope. Video? Of the decals working? Lol, conspiracy theories go in the forums, not the GM help desk!"

It makes me wonder if, were Alus aware of something on Earth he wanted, if he might not have the means, should my little theory be true, REVERSE the process and realize physical weapons into the Earth Sphere through the game. . . though that would first require some kind of "White Dust". Who knows? Maybe the bird programmer has a ship somewhere buried in Antarctica or something, that he could hijack.

At the least it would be perfect if the El-divers turn out to actually be the souls of the ancients who became digital forms. Then their entire existence would make sense, as well as their apparent ability to manipulate GBN to such an extent.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Ryujin

FYI for those living under a rock: the show returns with a new episode on July 9.
AGF-Antoine

They've released a very nicely done PV yesterday as well.

It showcases some very nice and promising new scenes.
Especially the seemingly final battle against Gundam Seltsam.
Dark Duel

So I watched Episode 19 this morning before heading into work, and man I was not ready for just how emotional this episode would make me.
Spoiler
First off, the initial meeting between Hiroto and Eve was cute. Familiar, but cute. But the fact that she inspired the PLANETS system, not only in terms of the ideas, but that Hiroto got the very name of it, and of its machines, from their discussion about the stars and the solar system...it tugged at my heartstrings in a way I didn't expect.
Her reaction when Hiroto swapped out of his Avalon uniform for more regular wear was hilarious. She's right though, it's a slick uniform, and it really looks good on him.
But the really interesting part was that Eve herself seems to have been personally involved in the shenanigans that were happening during Build Divers with Sara and the way her presence and growth was affecting the game was quite fascinating, and the way it seems to be hurting her the more she does it...And then, that last, heartbreaking line at the end of the episode... :(
There's a part of me that's dreading the next episode, and at the same time I can't wait to see what happens next.

Also.
Spoiler
Was nice to see an appearance by GPD again. Perfect Grade Strike v. Speed Grade Granddaddy Gundam was AWESOME!!!!!
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Ryujin

I also appreciated how it answered the 'Dark Sarah' issue from the original show. Interesting how important Eve turned out to be with GBN's upkeep behind-the-scenes. Next week's episode will probably be a real punch in the guts.
Dark Duel wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:21 pm So I watched Episode 19 this morning before heading into work, and man I was not ready for just how emotional this episode would make me.
Spoiler
But the really interesting part was that Eve herself seems to have been personally involved in the shenanigans that were happening during Build Divers with Sara and the way her presence and growth was affecting the game was quite fascinating, and the way it seems to be hurting her the more she does it...And then, that last, heartbreaking line at the end of the episode... :(
There's a part of me that's dreading the next episode, and at the same time I can't wait to see what happens next.
Dark Duel

Yeah. But on a whim I’ve gone back and rewatched the beginning of the series(Christ, Kazami was annoying back then, I had actually forgotten).
But I believe it’s in Ep3 that Hiroto and Par have a discussion about the sky, which seemed kinda corny when I watched it the first time around. But watching it again after having seen 19, kind of gives that scene an emotional weight that I guess I hadn’t really realized it had.

I LMFAO when I saw the kill counter in that one episode. Though one bit that'd escaped my notice last time - despite the focus on Kazami "ORE WA ZA LEADER" and his ZERO kills, what really jumped out at me was Hiroto's. Par's got 4, May's sitting at double that with 8, and Hiroto has a whopping 15 KILLS. Of course, by the end of the next episode when Kazami finally scores his first kill, May and Par are both in double digits, and Hiroto's nearly doubled his prior kill count with TWENTY-FIVE.
Not surprising when you consider the crowd he used to run with, but still.

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Dark Duel

I apologize in advance for double-posting, but I have watched the latest episode and HOLY CRAP, I was NOT ready for this.

It was nice to get an explanation that confirmed my earlier speculation as to what was going on, but what Hiroto was forced to do was heart-breaking. Predictable given the way the previous episode ended, but still heart-breaking.
Spoiler
It's not just that Eve disappeared - No, it's worse than that: he had to pull the trigger himself
I haven't had an emotional gut-punch like this since Lockon(a couple of the IBO S2 casualties came very close, though those enraged me more than they saddened me)

On another note...it was nice to see cameos from the Champ and Rommel, plus a few others, but I really could've gone without more screentime for the Digimon reject, however fleeting it was.

Kuruni

Yes, it's sometime since Sunrise able to pull this level of audience punching.

Phantom got animated!

Is it just me, or Seltsam actually look cooler?
MythSearcher

Extra information from Masami Obari:
https://twitter.com/G1_BARI/status/1283 ... 41472?s=20
He wanted to draw this to shake, but of course he stopped himself.

Seriously...
Let's hope he means the hair parts. (Highly implausible)
branman88

MythSearcher wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:26 am Extra information from Masami Obari:
https://twitter.com/G1_BARI/status/1283 ... 41472?s=20
He wanted to draw this to shake, but of course he stopped himself.

Seriously...
Let's hope he means the hair parts. (Highly implausible)
Of what I've seen from and know about Obari, he definitely was not talking about the hair :oops:
Dark Duel

branman88 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:29 pm Of what I've seen from and know about Obari, he definitely was not talking about the hair :oops:
No, he most definitely was not.

Kuruni

Obari really know his target audiences :) . I guess the reason he has to drop it is because it has to be done throughout the series and that would be extra burden for animators.