The Official Gundam Build Divers Re:RISE Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
MythSearcher

Re: The Official Gundam Build Divers Re:RISE Thread Mk I

Ep 12 took a deep turn, and things gets seriously grimmer than the previous light-hearted situations.

Jed's death flag is much more powerful than imagined.
Henyo

hey guys, i need a bit of confirmation. i think i paid less attention that usual when i watched the Macho dude focus episode...
so, his whole sthick is that he thinks he's MC material yet actually has crap skills but thinks rushing head on will result in his true self appearing? his former team appears and thats the vibe i got.
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
MythSearcher

Henyo wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:26 am hey guys, i need a bit of confirmation. i think i paid less attention that usual when i watched the Macho dude focus episode...
so, his whole sthick is that he thinks he's MC material yet actually has crap skills but thinks rushing head on will result in his true self appearing? his former team appears and thats the vibe i got.
I think he can see some of his problems and what he needs to do, it is just that he cannot face it because of some kind of pride issues, and he isn't happy about that.
The good thing is, at least he isn't blaming others for it this time.(I guess he did it to his old teammates)
Also, he is definitely not using weapons he is proficient with.
Obviously he got some skills in fist combat, but invested no skill points in sword and spear/lance.
He keeps swinging that lance like a sword which really pains me.
Gunpla skill wise, he is pretty good at it, and obviously a pretty good tank with all the extra armour.

The problem that got fixed isn't what you are proposing, but actually coming face to face with his own issues and not escaping from it any more.
His defeats are mainly caused by him not wanting to lose and thus running away when the situation gets undesirable.
He doesn't watch the losing episodes of Capt. Zeon, which is actually teaching people about sometimes persistence can prevail. Most of his defeats in earlier episodes aren't real defeats, his Gunpla is hardly damaged most of the time, but he just keeps switching targets once he cannot land a hit or when he needs to switch to methods he deems uncool. (I imagine fist fights aren't cool for him) He gets knocked around a lot, being the joke character by being hit a lot, but you don't even see the armour getting serious damage.

While you can kinda grasp what they wanted to tell in his focus episode, it is actually pretty hard to fix his other issues like being hot headed and rush in inappropriate situation, not being a good team player, plays leader, etc.
I guess they wanted to make some kind of lovable jerk character, but not being able to do so. The team is falling apart from the beginning anyway, all 4 of them aren't really team players to begin with. Everyone but Par just ignores teamwork altogether, just that Hiroto and May have the skills to cover the holes.
Kuruni

I can guessed that it will be a dark episode, but not at this scale. Heck, they can't even take Seltsam down!

And they disappear in the worst moment, those pet people might mistaken that they abandon them too.

The crisis is really threatening one as it effect other network (even television lost signal) on global scale.

Look like the next one will be mostly exposition (May's costume :)).
My girlfriend was a loli.
Kuruni

AGF-Antoine

It sure came without warning.
Only thing I can imagine is them wanting to do Build Divers customs of Build Fighters customs.
Gundam Build Fighters Try finished airing on April 1st 2015, so the 5 year deal is over then.
Spoiler
I did like the meetup a lot. May trying to get a taxi to stop was super cute. Visually further confirmed that Patrick/Parviz is related to Luc/Shahryar. Also liked Patrick being wheelchair bound (have a handicap myself, so like the recognition). And ofcourse Kazami looking really wimpy in real life (as I already expected). May's minihouse was fun as well. Bodyguard Nanami made me laugh so hard.
It is ironic, Re:RISE started out pretty weak, but turned out quite interesting in the last few episodes.
Dark Duel

Man, I absolutely love the Tertium. Looks a lot better than its modified counterpart.

Was a real interesting episode. Was interesting to actually meet everybody, and May is just adorable when she's trying to hail a cab.

Also, this thing looks BADASS. Can't wait to see it in action.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
MythSearcher

AGF-Antoine wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:22 pm It is ironic, Re:RISE started out pretty weak, but turned out quite interesting in the last few episodes.
Usually better shows need to build up the tension in the beginning, unlike fast food shows that tries to lure you in with tons of special effects and high tension scenes but cannot keep up the pace after a few eps.
I can name some slow starters. Gunbuster's first 4 eps is basically just boring but the information is necessary to build up for the last 2, especially the grand finale. Diebuster is not as boring but still not that great for the first 4 eps.
Another example is Ascendance of a Bookworm(also this season's anime, but I am talking about the light novel) Starts slow but gets really touching for most of the part endings and grand finale.
AGF-Antoine

Yes, exactly what I meant actually.
Most other Build shows did exactly that.
So Re:RISE actually becoming good near the end, was atypical for a Build series to me.
Spoiler
It started to become more interesting after the plot twist reveal that May was an EL-Diver, and continued on with them actually losing the final battle in a surprising way. Like, them trying the usual stuff to stop a Colony Laser in Gundam, but it failing, due to supposedly being real.
Also, looked up on Honzuki no Gekokujou / Ascendance of a Bookworm, it seems interesting.
Probably will check it out soon, since all anime I was watching, except for 1, ended.
Will help bridge the gap to Strike Witches: Road to Berlin, and obviously Re:RISE Season 2.
MythSearcher

AGF-Antoine wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:34 pm
Also, looked up on Honzuki no Gekokujou / Ascendance of a Bookworm, it seems interesting.
Probably will check it out soon, since all anime I was watching, except for 1, ended.
Will help bridge the gap to Strike Witches: Road to Berlin, and obviously Re:RISE Season 2.
Hint: Bookworm also has a season 2 coming up the same season as GBN Re:Rise.
Kuruni

Episode 14. Naturally, it's recap. Although it's recap from Freddie's POV with the first half being his backstory about how he activate the ruin, so there're few revelation.
branman88

I really feel like they should of given us both episode 14 and 15, like they did with 1and 2.
I AM THE CHOSEN CHILD OF GETTER!
Dark Duel

I feel like there was a lot of runtime wasted here...I mean yeah, we get a few kernels of new footage and information, but none of it really translates to any meaningful narrative progress.

Mind you, I've enjoyed this series more than I have anything in the Build-verse since the original, but all the same, I was disappointed by this episode.

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
battletech

Every recap episode sucks. They just suck a little less when there is something new.
"The souls of Man are weighed down by gravity." - Char Aznable
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.-Clarke
Kuruni

battletech wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:32 am Every recap episode sucks. They just suck a little less when there is something new.
So far, the only exception I can think of is Nadesico's Gekiganger 3 episode. Probably the only time recap has enough juice by its own.
Henyo

Kuruni wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:37 am
battletech wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:32 am Every recap episode sucks. They just suck a little less when there is something new.
So far, the only exception I can think of is Nadesico's Gekiganger 3 episode. Probably the only time recap has enough juice by its own.
Outside of the mecha genre, Utena has an important plot reveal in its recap episode.
as for Re:Rise's..the villag scenes could've easily been put somewhere into the first season's early episodes.
the question now is..how many episodes will we get. lotsa anime this season are getting postponed..
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
Chris
Administrator

Every other Build series has been 25 episodes, so I wouldn't expect this series to be any different. Also, all those anime delays are regarding premieres, but Re:RISE returned on schedule. If there were 12 episodes left to be done, that suggests that they finished work on them and won't be affected by the pandemic, otherwise they would've delayed the return.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
MythSearcher

Chris wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:01 am Every other Build series has been 25 episodes, so I wouldn't expect this series to be any different. Also, all those anime delays are regarding premieres, but Re:RISE returned on schedule. If there were 12 episodes left to be done, that suggests that they finished work on them and won't be affected by the pandemic, otherwise they would've delayed the return.
It has been suggested they separate the release into two 25 eps seasons instead of a single 50 eps season because they figured out it aligns better with Bandai's model schedule(so that the mooks have more chance of having their own models)
The economic reason is sound, model sales are better during airing and about half a year after. MG is usually further away than TV models so is counted separately.
Separating the eps give you more time in the boost, more time to make the anime, and more audience responses to decide if they want to have a longer show or not.

12 eps per season could be even better, and they are likely testing it out with Re:Rise.

Whether they finished the work or not may or may not be relevant. They likely allocated the time slots way before the pandemic, and a lot of anime has to be produced while earlier eps are airing.

Another anime, Accendence of a Bookworm, already announced its completion to calm fans' fears, I hope Re:Rise will have similar announcements as well.
Kuruni

Episode 15, exposition continue. We get to see a little more of how Eldora and One-Eyes really work, but overall kind of slow.

Hmm, I can imagine my younger self being upset about get a "sacred beast" in Gundam, but at this point? I just hope it's secretly an aspect of Superior Dragon.
Dark Duel

I love the Core Gundam II, but really the only thing that sticks in my mind right now is that its Core Flyer mode looks like tiny Wing Gundam.

Better episode than last week's, though still a little slow for my taste. What's really piqued my curiosity more than anything right now is where they plan to go with Masaki. As for the furries, I'm sort of glad that Muran's still around. As we progressed last season, I kept getting a feeling like he was gonna turn on us at the last minute, and was really glad to see he didn't do that, and I'm kinda interested in seeing what he's gonna do next.

Also, I have no idea why, but I have this weird desire to see Hiroto whip off that poncho he's wearing to reveal he's still wearing his Avalon jacket underneath. I know it's kinda nonsensical, but for some reason, I still wanna see it.