Genesis Breakers Mospeada 2083

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
doctorx0079

Genesis Breakers Mospeada 2083

Let's put any info about this here! I noticed Chris put a little update about this in the Mospeada section. Any idea what the source is?
Seto Kaiba

Re: Genesis Breakers Mospeada 2083

There was a display at WonderFest 2019 about a new MOSPEADA toy project which had revised/modenized designsfor the Ride Armor.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
doctorx0079

Do you think there will be an anime?
Seto Kaiba

doctorx0079 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:32 pm Do you think there will be an anime?
So far, no details have been announced apart from the existence of some toy prototypes that were displayed.

Given how poorly MOSPEADA performed in the 80's, and how poorly Tatsunoko's last attempt at a mecha anime series did despite being just twelve episodes long, my hope/assumption would be "No". I don't think there's close to enough of a following for MOSPEADA worldwide to justify even a single-cour new series. Even Robotech's attempts to move MOSPEADA merchandise ended in abject failure, with recalls for defective products, limited edition runs hacked down 50% or more, and inventory from those limited edition runs still collecting dust on shelves in HG's fulfillment center over a decade after those collectibles were released.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...