The Official Gundam Hathaway Anime Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
tHeWasTeDYouTh

I just found out about this and no one made a post about this, anyone here excited about this or even knows it is coming out at the end of this year?
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2 ... ed/.130647
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2 ... er/.140196

I always loved the way that the RX-104 and RX-105 looked and I cannot wait to see them animated
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!
Seto Kaiba

tHeWasTeDYouTh wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:56 pm I just found out about this and no one made a post about this, anyone here excited about this or even knows it is coming out at the end of this year?
It's been chewed over a few times, though I don't think anyone's expecting any surprises from it since Hathaway's Flash is an older title being adapted.

tHeWasTeDYouTh wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:56 pm I always loved the way that the RX-104 and RX-105 looked and I cannot wait to see them animated
I'm wondering how much of the original design work from the light novel will survive into the animated adaptation, since Haruhiko Mikimoto reused designs a LOT back then... Hathaway's pilot suit was reused for the SNN crew from Macross II: Lovers Again.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
False Prophet

Seto Kaiba wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:06 am I'm wondering how much of the original design work from the light novel will survive into the animated adaptation, since Haruhiko Mikimoto reused designs a LOT back then... Hathaway's pilot suit was reused for the SNN crew from Macross II: Lovers Again.
What if Mikimoto is actually invited to work on the Hathaway Flash adaptation? The chance is slim, especially after Kabaneri failure, but I still hope to see his designs on screen again.
Seto Kaiba

False Prophet wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:49 am What if Mikimoto is actually invited to work on the Hathaway Flash adaptation? The chance is slim, especially after Kabaneri failure, but I still hope to see his designs on screen again.
That'd be enough to get me to drag myself to the theater to see it instead of waiting for the Blu-ray.
The Macross Mecha Manual
PowerdGNFlag

We have our first bits of new(?) information for the movie courtesy of the HGUC Penelope's manual:
12 years had passed after Char's Rebellion in U.C. 0105. The Earth was at a brief moment of peace. However, the Earth Federation Government, still kept its tendencies to despise residents in space, and had even organized the Man Hunter Unit to force residents of Earth off of the planet. As the monopolization of Earth by the privileged class accelerated, a secret society known as Mafty Navue Erin began carrying out anti-Federation activities. The leader of the organization was Hathaway Noa. Hathaway sympathized with Char's belief after the events of Char's Rebellion and assassinated bureaucrats of the Federation with military force. in response to this, the Earth Federation Forces ordered the Circe Unit, which Lane Aim belonged to, to capture and destroy the members of Mafty. Hathaway's Ξ (XI) Gundam and Lane's Penelope, two Gundam-type Mobile Suits, confronted each other on Earth.
Last edited by PowerdGNFlag on Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
Seto Kaiba

PowerdGNFlag wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:59 am We have our first bits of new(?) information for the movie courtesy of the HGUC Penelope's manual:
Old information, but at least a confirmation that they aren't going to attempt to reinvent the wheel here.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Deacon Blues

Here we go with the naming conventions again... :roll:
tHeWasTeDYouTh

Mobile Suit Gundam Hathaway Teaser Trailer 1 just got release on GundamInfo youtube channel for anyone that wants to see it
YOU'RE MESHI
hitokirigarou

I wouldn't be surprised if the anime differs from the source novel. Imagine if they make Hathaway survive.
branman88

hitokirigarou wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:59 am I wouldn't be surprised if the anime differs from the source novel. Imagine if they make Hathaway survive.
I was thinking the same thing. I also wonder if they'll give Hathaway's Xi Gundam some new equipment just because of it now following Unicorn and Narrative. Given how crazy the techs gotten it seems a little plain.
I AM THE CHOSEN CHILD OF GETTER!
Kuruni

Lets hope that it isn't another deus ex psychoframe.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Seto Kaiba

Kuruni wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:22 am Lets hope that it isn't another deus ex psychoframe.
It didn't have one in the original light novel... its gimmick was that it was a transformable MS with a Minovsky craft system, a special Minovsky barrier that let it fly at supersonic speeds, and psycommu-guided missiles.
The Macross Mecha Manual
branman88

Seto Kaiba wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:53 am
Kuruni wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:22 am Lets hope that it isn't another deus ex psychoframe.
It didn't have one in the original light novel... its gimmick was that it was a transformable MS with a Minovsky craft system, a special Minovsky barrier that let it fly at supersonic speeds, and psycommu-guided missiles.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily- ... ns/.157581
From what the producer for the film said "the project will feature a "renewal" of the main cast, mobile suit designs, and character designs."

So who knows maybe they will add some of the crazy tech from Unicorn and Narrative. I'd like to see them keep the old designs, but you know Bandai they'll probably make some crazy mobile armor for the Xi to combine with so they can have a new model kit.
I AM THE CHOSEN CHILD OF GETTER!
Seto Kaiba

branman88 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:23 pm From what the producer for the film said "the project will feature a "renewal" of the main cast, mobile suit designs, and character designs."
We've seen that they've updated the classic Haruhiko Mikimoto character designs for something that looks more like what was in Gundam Unicorn, but the art for the mobile suits thus far looks practically untouched except that it's drawn with modern animation tools.

branman88 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:23 pm So who knows maybe they will add some of the crazy tech from Unicorn and Narrative. I'd like to see them keep the old designs, but you know Bandai they'll probably make some crazy mobile armor for the Xi to combine with so they can have a new model kit.
I suspect they will not... it'd kind of break the story if Hathaway engaged in Unicorn-level newtype BS.
The Macross Mecha Manual
bhayes82

Re: The Official Gundam Hathaway Anime Thread Mk I

Has anyone read these novels are know what happens in the novels.

i found something online which states that basically at the end of the series hathaway and his gundam are defeated after a failed assasination attempt and he gets executed by the Federation government infront of his father.
Seto Kaiba

bhayes82 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:14 pm Has anyone read these novels are know what happens in the novels.

i found something online which states that basically at the end of the series hathaway and his gundam are defeated after a failed assasination attempt and he gets executed by the Federation government infront of his father.
Yeah, I've read the light novel... and what you read (or at least the detail you're asking about here) is correct.
Spoiler
Hathaway Noa, alias Mufti Nabiyy Erin, and his Xi Gundam are defeated by EFSF 1st. Lt. Lane Aime and the Gundam Penelope during Mufti's failed attack on the Earth Federation general assembly in Adelaide, Australia. The Penelope destroys the Xi Gundam, and Hathaway is captured and sentenced to death on charges of terrorism by the Earth Federation. He was executed on 1 May UC 0105 by an EFF firing squad led (unknowingly) by his father Bright Noa.
The Macross Mecha Manual
bhayes82

Seto Kaiba wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:09 pm
bhayes82 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:14 pm Has anyone read these novels are know what happens in the novels.

Yeah, I've read the light novel... and what you read (or at least the detail you're asking about here) is correct.
Spoiler
Hathaway Noa, alias Mufti Nabiyy Erin, and his Xi Gundam are defeated by EFSF 1st. Lt. Lane Aime and the Gundam Penelope during Mufti's failed attack on the Earth Federation general assembly in Adelaide, Australia. The Penelope destroys the Xi Gundam, and Hathaway is captured and sentenced to death on charges of terrorism by the Earth Federation. He was executed on 1 May UC 0105 by an EFF firing squad led (unknowingly) by his father Bright Noa.
ah this is gonna be an interesting adaptation! they are advertising this as a 'sequel' to CCA.

i just found this video online explaining hathaway's flash and CCA: Beltorchika's Children (the noveltization of CCA)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1AT8K8YPEw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hnkfeq7rYs - a fan produced animation for Hathaway's Flash from 2015.

honestly when i learned there was a 'hathway's flash' novel back in 2001. i didn't like the idea of it because - he kills amuro's girlfriend in the movie version.

but hathaway's flash novel is a sequel to the 'book' version of CCA; which is notably different from the film we all know.

so..in CCA novel. Chan (amuro's girlfriend and tech support for Nu Gundam) doesnt exist. and Hathaway kills Quess Paraya not Chan. So in the Hathaway Flash novel. Quess' newtype spirit haunts him.

so clearly this needs to be changed. and if you notice with the latest promo poster for the anime.

young adult hathaway stands suited up next to char and amuro. with the axis asteriod in the middle. so i think this gurantees that we will get animated flashbacks of the events of CCA.

also since he killed Amuro's girlfriend in CCA - i think they need to address that in someway as well. like he atleast he feels gulilty about it. that we he can be the flawed complex hero.

or perhaps he's still haunted by his actions (he killed chan but nobody knows this but him as it happened on the battlefield) and quess, amuro and char's newtype spirits haunt to him too???

and we need to see Bright, Mirai and Hathway's sister as well. the family dynamics.

also - since they're advertising Hathway anime as a compainion piece to CCA.

i hope the decision makers hire the original CCA/MSG Ocean Group dub actors for Amuro and Char, Bright

because in my view they've been using the GUNDAM U.C. OAV voice cast too much for U.C. shows.

i don't know who they used for Gundam Orgin voice cast but....

Seabook from F91 sounds like Shiro Amada from 08th Team. and they both sound like Banagher from Unicorn!!!
don't get me wrong i can understand there's so many gundam characters and they're a small pool of voice talent.

but they either need some 'fresh' new voices or bring back Bill Switzer (Hathway) Brad Swalie (Amuro), Michael Kopsca (char) chris calhoon (bright), Kathy wesleluck (mirai)
tHeWasTeDYouTh

Really interested to see what the character design of Lane Aime will look like. Kenneth Sleg had his character changed and I am glad the mullet is gone. He also went from a blonde to having dark hair. Gigi Andalusia looks really good, need to see who is doing these character designs because they are on point.
YOU'RE MESHI
bhayes82

has the covid-19 crisis impacted the release of film. it was supposed to primere on July 23. Has this changed now?