The Official Gundam Hathaway Anime Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
AGF-Antoine

Re: The Official Gundam Hathaway Anime Thread Mk I

Anyone else surprised at how certain characters look REALLY different from before?
Admittedly, I am comparing them to the designs used in the G Generation games, which is obviously not official.

But yeah, especially big differences on Emeralda Zubin, since I got used to blonde-haired Emeralda.
tHeWasTeDYouTh

The first 15 minutes of the movie got released. It is on youtube if anyone wants to watch it. the channel Mobile Suit Gundam - Topic has it
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!
Mafty

According to Gundam News there is supposed to be a simultaneous release of the movie in theaters and on different editions on Blu Ray on May 7th. However that appears to be only in Japan so far...
Mafty

-Replying to Cybaster,The theory on Kenneth forming Crossbone Vanguard probably comes from him and Gigi plotting to form a new Mafty; since there are no direct sequels after this, people probably took this as them being the ones to form Crossbone Vanguard.
tHeWasTeDYouTh

How is there even a theory on Kenneth and Gigi forming the Crossbone Vanguard? It was Meitzer Ronah who did it and it was years in the making since he created Buch Concern in UC 0055. Buch Aerodynamics was the MS company that created miniature Dessa Type which was the base for all the Crossbone Vanguard MS that beat the old Fed Jegans and even miniature Fed MS like the Heavygun.
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!
AGF-Antoine

Mafty wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:38 pm According to Gundam News there is supposed to be a simultaneous release of the movie in theaters and on different editions on Blu Ray on May 7th. However that appears to be only in Japan so far...
This has changed again, to May 21st 2021, due to the current COVID-19 situation in Japan.

As stated on GUNDAM.INFO and generously translated by AnimeNewsNetwork.

The banner on the Official Website also updated with the new date, so further confirms it.
Cybaster

tHeWasTeDYouTh wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:28 pm How is there even a theory on Kenneth and Gigi forming the Crossbone Vanguard? It was Meitzer Ronah who did it and it was years in the making since he created Buch Concern in UC 0055. Buch Aerodynamics was the MS company that created miniature Dessa Type which was the base for all the Crossbone Vanguard MS that beat the old Fed Jegans and even miniature Fed MS like the Heavygun.
I might be mistaken, but I *thought* it was a fan theory IIRC. I remember seeing someone saying something about Kenneth being related somehow to the Crossbone Vanguard and Metatron in the Pixiv Wikia entry for him.

https://dic.pixiv.net/a/%E3%82%B1%E3%83 ... 3%E3%82%B0

In particular can someone take a gander and tell me what this is saying?

https://i.postimg.cc/267Dnvqx/unknownsample.png
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Underrated GM Custom

Looks like the state of emergency in Japan was extended till end of May which would also keep many theaters closed. On the Gundam Hathaway twitter they announced the movie would be delayed in the meantime.

https://twitter.com/gundam_hathaway/sta ... 5673639936
AGF-Antoine

Official Site announced yet another new release date for the first movie, June 11th 2021.

On the Official Twitter they announced there will be a countdown for 3 days on the GUNDAM YouTube channel.
June 8th 2021: Gundam 08th MS Team: Miller's Report
June 9th 2021: Gundam F91
June 10th 2021: Gundam Char's Counterattack

Seems to me they finally did the smart thing, cancel the cinema release and do it on a streaming channel instead.
Mafty

Cool so does that mean that it will stream legally on the Gundam Channel with English subs?
AGF-Antoine

Mafty wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:17 pm Cool so does that mean that it will stream legally on the Gundam Channel with English subs?
That YouTube-channel is usually region locked to Japan, and usually does not feature subs.

Also, it seems I was wrong, it is an actual cinema release, as can be read here.
I'm really sorry if I caused any confusion.
Chris
Administrator

Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
bhayes82

Chris wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:15 pm Big news from Netflix: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2 ... lm/.173791
I wonder if its subbed or dubbed on netflix?

cause MSG Trilogy and CCA will also be airing on netflix too.
Chris
Administrator

The trailer was subtitled, and given that no English dub has ever been announced for the movie, it's probably sub only for now.
bhayes82

Chris wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:47 am The trailer was subtitled, and given that no English dub has ever been announced for the movie, it's probably sub only for now.
yep. agreed. subbed. but they COULD surprise us. who knows these days, maybe they got it done under the radar while corona virus was raging. we'll see. but yes, i suspect this will be subbed since the trailer was subbed.

but i LOVE what they've done to the logo. english version of the logo looks MUCH better.

here's a music video for the english version of the movies theme song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1n6kPZhmOc

seems like the're gonna show footage of Amuro actually dying during the Axis Shock flashbacks. but i guess the streaming release is meant to be an effort to stay ahead of the piraters cause Sunrise is reportedly handing out blu-ray discs in japan for advance ticket buyers and they must know that once a disc gets out, it will get pirated quickly.

either way, netflix seems to be the future. they're taking over.
Chris
Administrator

bhayes82 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:22 amseems like the're gonna show footage of Amuro actually dying during the Axis Shock flashbacks. but i guess the streaming release is meant to be an effort to stay ahead of the piraters cause Sunrise is reportedly handing out blu-ray discs in japan for advance ticket buyers and they must know that once a disc gets out, it will get pirated quickly.

either way, netflix seems to be the future. they're taking over.
Not exactly handing them out because they're some premium addition that costs like $100, but yes, I imagine someone buying that would probably rip it and put it online quickly, and far ahead of any wider international release.
Underrated GM Custom

The film is doing pretty well since it released. ¥190M on the first day and ¥524M over the opening weekend. MSG III Encounters in Space is the highest earning Gundam film so far earning ¥2.3B so there's a chance Hathaway's Flash may break that record.

I'm looking forward to July when we can see it on Netflix, I've heard the sound design is amazing for those who have seen it in theaters.
bhayes82

Even better news! they've already dubbed Hathaway into 8 different languages for Netflix! and subbed in 130 others.

https://gundamnews.org/gundam-hathaways ... fS_UwenKdw

the big question now is WHO did they hire to do the english dub? was it NYAV Post or Ocean group?

and will the old MSG Trilogy airing on netflix be dubbed in English? or subbed? if yes which dub will it be? will it be the HORRIBLE dub from '98 that was released on VHS ??? or did the original MSG Series cast secretly record a dub back in the early 2000s that was never released ???

i'm super curious!!!
Chris
Administrator

We usually would have heard by now if it was a known Western group like NYAV Post. My worry is that they went cheap and did a Southeast Asian English dub like Build Fighters, which is....not great to say the least.

As for MSG, that horrid English dub will never (and should never) see the light of day again. There was never a re-recording with the TV dub cast, so it should be subbed only.
bhayes82

Chris wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:06 pm We usually would have heard by now if it was a known Western group like NYAV Post. My worry is that they went cheap and did a Southeast Asian English dub like Build Fighters, which is....not great to say the least.

As for MSG, that horrid English dub will never (and should never) see the light of day again. There was never a re-recording with the TV dub cast, so it should be subbed only.
well. lets pray they didn't go cheap. the thing is, perhaps they did all the dubbing on the down-low with NYAV post for hathaway?

we will find out in a few days regarding the MSG Trilogy. my concern is the trilogy is already VERY old and hard to look at. airing it SUBBED will limit who looks at it and isn't that the purpose of airing the old trilogy - to show the newbies how the franchise started? What english speaking anime fans wants to see these old two hour anime films dubbed in japanese from the late '70s? As a gundam fan i can tolerate it, but the casual viewer who's a non gundam fan who's new to gundam won't sit thru 10 mins of those trilogy films unless they're dubbed. but u could be right!

In all honesty, i looked at the old trilogy and the series recently. the eng dub recorded for the episodes covered in each compilation film COULD fit onto the trilogy it would just require some audio editing/engineering.

what would be REALLY funny AND interesting is if they secretly recorded a NEW dub with NYAV post for MSG Trilogy and Char's Counterattack