Hathaway's Flash 3-part film adaptation!

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.

Moderators: ShadowCell, EZero8

tHeWasTeDYouTh
Creepy Bishonen

Hathaway's Flash 3-part film adaptation!

Post by tHeWasTeDYouTh » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:56 pm

I just found out about this and no one made a post about this, anyone here excited about this or even knows it is coming out at the end of this year?
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2 ... ed/.130647
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2 ... er/.140196

I always loved the way that the RX-104 and RX-105 looked and I cannot wait to see them animated
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!

Seto Kaiba
Okawara x Katoki Love Child

Re: Hathaway's Flash 3-part film adaptation!

Post by Seto Kaiba » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:06 am

tHeWasTeDYouTh wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:56 pm
I just found out about this and no one made a post about this, anyone here excited about this or even knows it is coming out at the end of this year?
It's been chewed over a few times, though I don't think anyone's expecting any surprises from it since Hathaway's Flash is an older title being adapted.

tHeWasTeDYouTh wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:56 pm
I always loved the way that the RX-104 and RX-105 looked and I cannot wait to see them animated
I'm wondering how much of the original design work from the light novel will survive into the animated adaptation, since Haruhiko Mikimoto reused designs a LOT back then... Hathaway's pilot suit was reused for the SNN crew from Macross II: Lovers Again.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...

False Prophet
Elitist Earth Politician

Post by False Prophet » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:49 am

Seto Kaiba wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:06 am
I'm wondering how much of the original design work from the light novel will survive into the animated adaptation, since Haruhiko Mikimoto reused designs a LOT back then... Hathaway's pilot suit was reused for the SNN crew from Macross II: Lovers Again.
What if Mikimoto is actually invited to work on the Hathaway Flash adaptation? The chance is slim, especially after Kabaneri failure, but I still hope to see his designs on screen again.

Seto Kaiba

Post by Seto Kaiba » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:17 am

False Prophet wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:49 am
What if Mikimoto is actually invited to work on the Hathaway Flash adaptation? The chance is slim, especially after Kabaneri failure, but I still hope to see his designs on screen again.
That'd be enough to get me to drag myself to the theater to see it instead of waiting for the Blu-ray.
The Macross Mecha Manual

PowerdGNFlag
Newtype Emo Guy

Post by PowerdGNFlag » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:59 am

We have our first bits of new(?) information for the movie courtesy of the HGUC Penelope's manual:
12 years had passed after Char's Rebellion in U.C. 0105. The Earth was at a brief moment of peace. However, the Earth Federation Government, still kept its tendencies to despise residents in space, and had even organized the Man Hunter Unit to force residents of Earth off of the planet. As the monopolization of Earth by the privileged class accelerated, a secret society known as Mafty Navue Erin began carrying out anti-Federation activities. The leader of the organization was Hathaway Noa. Hathaway sympathized with Char's belief after the events of Char's Rebellion and assassinated bureaucrats of the Federation with military force. in response to this, the Earth Federation Forces ordered the Circe Unit, which Lane Aim belonged to, to capture and destroy the members of Mafty. Hathaway's Ξ (XI) Gundam and Lane's Penelope, two Gundam-type Mobile Suits, confronted each other on Earth.
Last edited by PowerdGNFlag on Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...

Seto Kaiba

Post by Seto Kaiba » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:43 pm

PowerdGNFlag wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:59 am
We have our first bits of new(?) information for the movie courtesy of the HGUC Penelope's manual:
Old information, but at least a confirmation that they aren't going to attempt to reinvent the wheel here.
The Macross Mecha Manual

Deacon Blues
OMG Doomsday Laser

Post by Deacon Blues » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:46 pm

Here we go with the naming conventions again... :roll: