The Official Gundam Hathaway Anime Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.

Moderators: ShadowCell, EZero8

tHeWasTeDYouTh

Post by tHeWasTeDYouTh » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:56 pm

I just found out about this and no one made a post about this, anyone here excited about this or even knows it is coming out at the end of this year?
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2 ... ed/.130647
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2 ... er/.140196

I always loved the way that the RX-104 and RX-105 looked and I cannot wait to see them animated
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!

Seto Kaiba

Post by Seto Kaiba » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:06 am

tHeWasTeDYouTh wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:56 pm
I just found out about this and no one made a post about this, anyone here excited about this or even knows it is coming out at the end of this year?
It's been chewed over a few times, though I don't think anyone's expecting any surprises from it since Hathaway's Flash is an older title being adapted.

tHeWasTeDYouTh wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:56 pm
I always loved the way that the RX-104 and RX-105 looked and I cannot wait to see them animated
I'm wondering how much of the original design work from the light novel will survive into the animated adaptation, since Haruhiko Mikimoto reused designs a LOT back then... Hathaway's pilot suit was reused for the SNN crew from Macross II: Lovers Again.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...

False Prophet

Post by False Prophet » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:49 am

Seto Kaiba wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:06 am
I'm wondering how much of the original design work from the light novel will survive into the animated adaptation, since Haruhiko Mikimoto reused designs a LOT back then... Hathaway's pilot suit was reused for the SNN crew from Macross II: Lovers Again.
What if Mikimoto is actually invited to work on the Hathaway Flash adaptation? The chance is slim, especially after Kabaneri failure, but I still hope to see his designs on screen again.

Seto Kaiba

Post by Seto Kaiba » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:17 am

False Prophet wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:49 am
What if Mikimoto is actually invited to work on the Hathaway Flash adaptation? The chance is slim, especially after Kabaneri failure, but I still hope to see his designs on screen again.
That'd be enough to get me to drag myself to the theater to see it instead of waiting for the Blu-ray.
The Macross Mecha Manual

PowerdGNFlag

Post by PowerdGNFlag » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:59 am

We have our first bits of new(?) information for the movie courtesy of the HGUC Penelope's manual:
12 years had passed after Char's Rebellion in U.C. 0105. The Earth was at a brief moment of peace. However, the Earth Federation Government, still kept its tendencies to despise residents in space, and had even organized the Man Hunter Unit to force residents of Earth off of the planet. As the monopolization of Earth by the privileged class accelerated, a secret society known as Mafty Navue Erin began carrying out anti-Federation activities. The leader of the organization was Hathaway Noa. Hathaway sympathized with Char's belief after the events of Char's Rebellion and assassinated bureaucrats of the Federation with military force. in response to this, the Earth Federation Forces ordered the Circe Unit, which Lane Aim belonged to, to capture and destroy the members of Mafty. Hathaway's Ξ (XI) Gundam and Lane's Penelope, two Gundam-type Mobile Suits, confronted each other on Earth.
Last edited by PowerdGNFlag on Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...

Seto Kaiba

Post by Seto Kaiba » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:43 pm

PowerdGNFlag wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:59 am
We have our first bits of new(?) information for the movie courtesy of the HGUC Penelope's manual:
Old information, but at least a confirmation that they aren't going to attempt to reinvent the wheel here.
The Macross Mecha Manual

Deacon Blues

Post by Deacon Blues » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:46 pm

Here we go with the naming conventions again... :roll:

tHeWasTeDYouTh

Post by tHeWasTeDYouTh » Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:53 pm

Mobile Suit Gundam Hathaway Teaser Trailer 1 just got release on GundamInfo youtube channel for anyone that wants to see it
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!

hitokirigarou

Post by hitokirigarou » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:59 am

I wouldn't be surprised if the anime differs from the source novel. Imagine if they make Hathaway survive.

branman88

Post by branman88 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:20 pm

hitokirigarou wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:59 am
I wouldn't be surprised if the anime differs from the source novel. Imagine if they make Hathaway survive.
I was thinking the same thing. I also wonder if they'll give Hathaway's Xi Gundam some new equipment just because of it now following Unicorn and Narrative. Given how crazy the techs gotten it seems a little plain.
STONER SUNSHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kuruni

Post by Kuruni » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:22 am

Lets hope that it isn't another deus ex psychoframe.
My girlfriend was a loli.

PowerdGNFlag

Post by PowerdGNFlag » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:00 am

Well, I guess I'm a nobody...

Seto Kaiba

Post by Seto Kaiba » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:53 am

Kuruni wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:22 am
It didn't have one in the original light novel... its gimmick was that it was a transformable MS with a Minovsky craft system, a special Minovsky barrier that let it fly at supersonic speeds, and psycommu-guided missiles.
The Macross Mecha Manual

branman88

Post by branman88 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:23 pm

Seto Kaiba wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:53 am
Kuruni wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:22 am
It didn't have one in the original light novel... its gimmick was that it was a transformable MS with a Minovsky craft system, a special Minovsky barrier that let it fly at supersonic speeds, and psycommu-guided missiles.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily- ... ns/.157581
From what the producer for the film said "the project will feature a "renewal" of the main cast, mobile suit designs, and character designs."

So who knows maybe they will add some of the crazy tech from Unicorn and Narrative. I'd like to see them keep the old designs, but you know Bandai they'll probably make some crazy mobile armor for the Xi to combine with so they can have a new model kit.
STONER SUNSHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seto Kaiba

Post by Seto Kaiba » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:28 pm

branman88 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:23 pm
From what the producer for the film said "the project will feature a "renewal" of the main cast, mobile suit designs, and character designs."
We've seen that they've updated the classic Haruhiko Mikimoto character designs for something that looks more like what was in Gundam Unicorn, but the art for the mobile suits thus far looks practically untouched except that it's drawn with modern animation tools.

branman88 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:23 pm
So who knows maybe they will add some of the crazy tech from Unicorn and Narrative. I'd like to see them keep the old designs, but you know Bandai they'll probably make some crazy mobile armor for the Xi to combine with so they can have a new model kit.
I suspect they will not... it'd kind of break the story if Hathaway engaged in Unicorn-level newtype BS.
The Macross Mecha Manual