SSSS.Gridman

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Kuruni

SSSS.Gridman

The latest PV

Coming next month, this look interestiing. Hey, they even add the Western adaption name in the title (Super Human Samurai Syber Squad).
My girlfriend was a loli.
Henyo

Re: SSSS.Gridman

this one i'll watch. i only remember bits and pieces of the western adaptation. and the original Gridman MEH me in its first 2 episodes. and i just hope this doesn't turn into another FranXX, where the fanbase OVERhyped it. i really hate that trigger will save anime thing.
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
Kuruni

Henyo wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:43 am i really hate that trigger will save anime thing.
Look at my avatar, Asobi Asobase. It is the one I hope would be credit for saving anime (along with Pop Team Epic, of course), or at very least the "cute girls doing cute thing" genre.
Ryujin

I was sold at the floppy shoulderpads & the kaiju conforming to RL rubber-suit design conventions. The integration of 3D cgi elements to 2D traditional animation was not bad, either. Various references to Tsuburaya's other rubber-suit shows was nice as well.

Also, volleyball girl had it coming.
Henyo

thank you ASS and THICC pics from social media. made me watched this earlier than later.
HENYO IS PLEASED!!! the action. straight out of Tokusatsu. so is that jumping kick. Taro would be proud!!!

the opening reminds me of Tada-kun Koi wa shinai's Opening.

anyone gonna watch this in dub form? i sure will.
Zeonista

Heh, this anime is very old school in several things. I do like the idea of becoming the mecha rather than just piloting it. Go all the way! :) It is a sentai robo show, which means it ought to do well. It didn't get to my weekly viewing roster though; please keep the updates coming so I can watch it solo if it seems good.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Henyo

Zeonista wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:42 pm Heh, this anime is very old school in several things. I do like the idea of becoming the mecha rather than just piloting it. Go all the way! :) It is a sentai robo show, which means it ought to do well. It didn't get to my weekly viewing roster though; please keep the updates coming so I can watch it solo if it seems good.
this version of Gridman makes for a better Ultra than the actual Utraman Series currently running. R/B didn't catch my interest and i dropped it after 6 episodes. i think this will do well more because of the TRIGGER Hype that it being a Tokusatsu in anime form. IMO Sentai and Kamen Rider has yet to move away from the whole popular yet still not wellknown amongst casuals and the like niche.

oh and OBARI POSE!!! :D
Ryujin

Best of the 1-cour shows I've watched this season but, make no mistake, it does require some familiarity with the original Gridman to fully appreciate the show.

Also, the deep dive work done by @Mach_Dent as the show aired reveals another layer of substance to the proceedings.
Quiddity

Have no familiarity with original Gridman, but have found this show to be a lot of fun. 9 episodes in, kinda sad that its almost over!
MAHQ Staff - Dunbine, L-Gaim, Escaflowne, Ideon, Gasaraki, The Big O, Overman King Gainer, Zambot 3 and FLCL
In my search for justice, I created war. In my search for war, I created death. In my search for death... I have lost my soul.
Kuruni

It's very clever. Heck, the end actually make sense out of all advertisement that seem to be just fanservice and misleading then (in the case that you aren't aware of, most of early promo artworks are Rikka and Akane, and they look like the four main chaarcters are best friends).
Folgore_202

It's true that it's cool to see an old-school anime done with modern technology... and I know I'll have rocks thrown at me for this, but I prefer the way anime characters are drawn now than how they were drawn in the 70s to 90s: I like the plot, storylines and universes in older anime better, but I find modern stuff more pleasant to the eye...
MythSearcher

I like how people are using the final scene to say that Rikka is the idealised real life conterpart of Akane, while Akane is an idealised fantasy version of herself.
The Akane RL waking up has long black hair like Rikka, while Akane in show(IS) has really fantasy looks and position, this is probably where things stems from.

Rikka is more socially adapted while Akane IS, while liked and/or looked upon and with best grades in everything, isn't really a social person. Akane IS hobby is of course the same as Akane RL, which she knows liking monsters aren't really the socially accepted. All the people she made to like her just makes things her feel more of the emptiness and pushing her depression futher and futher worse. Man, I surely wished depression can really be fixer beamed IRL.

From parts of the show, Akane real life(RL) is likely a hikikomori, or at least social awkward. (Some thinks she is just undergoing purperty and can't find the right distance for interacting with others, but Rikka's wish
Spoiler
hoping to never see Akane again in the final scene
would not make sense and Akane wouldn't be openning the door)

BTW, people have been comparing characters with Transformer Shattered Glass, it seems like the colour code they are using are pretty accurate?
Anyone who read Shattered Glass can confirm this?
https://forum.gamer.com.tw/C.php?bsn=47417&snA=21
(Link is in Chinese, but you can use the pictures to tell the characters and related transformer)
Kuruni

Bump, because SSSS. Dynazenon is coming. I wonder if they have new twist prepare? Because anyone going to watch it are likely aware of the twist from SSSS. Gridman.