Lewis Halberton or Duane Halberton?

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Deathzealot

Lewis Halberton or Duane Halberton?

Hello all,

Recently I saw that the first name for Admiral Halberton from Gundam SEED was changed from Lewis to Duane on the Gundam Wiki. Everywhere else the name remains as Lewis, on MAHQ and on the Wikipedia Pages for the character's VA. Is this correct (read: canon)? Or is someone changing around Gundam Wiki pages just because...?
Deacon Blues

Re: Lewis Halberton or Duane Halberton?

If memory serves me I believe the letter in the show (the discharge one) actually says Lewis on it but Duane came from G generation...
Kuruni

His name is writen in katakana as デュエイン・ハルバートン, as seen in SeeD HD Remaster episode 12's credit. Unless his name was changed between the first run and HD Remaster, I cannot see how that can be read as Lewis. Although it's also possible that it's a case of dub name change, it's equally possible that Lewis is simply a popular error (like how Nether Gundam's pilot is called Paul until the last year).
My girlfriend was a loli.
Deacon Blues

Kuruni wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:20 am His name is writen in katakana as デュエイン・ハルバートン, as seen in SeeD HD Remaster episode 12's credit. Unless his name was changed between the first run and HD Remaster, I cannot see how that can be read as Lewis. Although it's also possible that it's a case of dub name change, it's equally possible that Lewis is simply a popular error (like how Nether Gundam's pilot is called Paul until the last year).
Disregarding what the ending credits say, if one looks at the actual letter in the animation, it clearly says "Lewis Harverton" (odd spelling of last name aside). Then again, the Character Encyclopedia from 2009 & 2013 says ドゥエイン too so go figure. Since the first official lineart came out in the old SEED Official Book shortly after the first arc, there was no first name attributed to him.

Considering everything else that is messed up about SEED, this inconsistency honestly doesn't surprise me.
Kuruni

...at first, I thought "Lets call him Admiral Halberton and call it a day." but even that is inconsistent :? .
My girlfriend was a loli.
Deathzealot

Or better yet. Lewis Duane Halberton.
bilbros

The screenshot posted earlier by Deacon shows that the first letter of the middle name for this character is "C", so perhaps the ultimate solution would be considering "Duane" as a nickname, thus having: Lewis C. "Duane" Halberton (you know, just like Leonard H. "Bones" McCoy)...