The Official Gundam Narrative Anime Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Zeonista

Re: The Official Gundam Narrative Anime Thread Mk I

The booklet was done well, but it is a definitely some hype maker and a nice souvenier for the fans. There will definitely be some returning faces, to go along with the new cast. I have some expectations for Zoltan Akkanen, although his name makes me want to say "Don't mess with the Zoltan!" :D The Narrative Gundam shows much hints of badass operation at some point in the story. I am not sure why the Dijeh is involved again, but there it is. (It is admittedly my least favorite Amuro MS.)
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
nacho-wan

No comments from the new trailer? Sure it didn't show much but I think I saw an Albino Neo Zeong and that sure needs a real explanation because as poor as the Sleeves were, they could afford a second of those

I was surprised to see Minerva on this one and no trace of Banagner, not even on the voice actor call list. Also I think we'll having Martha again, which is odd since I thought she would be in jail at this time.
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
Dark Duel

No comments from the new trailer? Sure it didn't show much but I think I saw an Albino Neo Zeong and that sure needs a real explanation because as poor as the Sleeves were, they could afford a second of those
As strapped for resources as the Sleeves were, they shouldn't even have been able to produce ONE Neo-Zeong. Nevermind TWO.

Honestly? The more I see on Narrative, the LESS I want to see it. Partly for that reason. And partly because I am sick and tired of the entire concept of Newtypes.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Kuruni

Dark Duel wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:29 pm
As strapped for resources as the Sleeves were, they shouldn't even have been able to produce ONE Neo-Zeong. Nevermind TWO.

Honestly? The more I see on Narrative, the LESS I want to see it. Partly for that reason. And partly because I am sick and tired of the entire concept of Newtypes.
You should. They might have a surprsise in the form of a fleet of mass production type Neo-Zeong which is pretty much Neo Zeong without core MS :mrgreen: .
My girlfriend was a loli.
Henyo

insert "Where do these bad guys keep getting these toys?"

count me into the group that is getting sick of going back to UC timeline. or rather, the first Century of the calendar. I'm almost halfway through watching Victory and i'd prefer more animated works that'd expand/connect to F91 and Victory.

BTW, anyone know why they used "the rape of the sabine women" for the first unveiled visual?
is it relevant to the show?
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
Kuruni

Henyo wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:07 am count me into the group that is getting sick of going back to UC timeline. or rather, the first Century of the calendar. I'm almost halfway through watching Victory and i'd prefer more animated works that'd expand/connect to F91 and Victory.
Good thing is that Yuichi Hasegawa still expanding late UC era with Crossbone Gundam Dust, bad thing is that it take some time before you realize that it's Gundam and not Brave series :mrgreen: (they're indeed refreshingly different, however, and also include some creative gimmicks).
nacho-wan

I feel that Narrative and the Hathaway's Flash project are a means to move into the second century of UC. Maybe we'll see Dust as an anime in the next decade. Like or not, UC is the core of Gundam even if they had beat the OYW horse to death
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
Deathzealot

Rollseye. Honestly. If done right a story that takes place during the OYW/Gryps War Era of the Universal Century can be good. There is a lot of potential during this time. For example, I would love an 8th MS Team-like story based during the Gryps War, or a story that follows Karaba AFTER Kamille returns to space as they take on some of the Federation's Newtype Labs. While I kind of agree the OYW timeframe is kind of overfilled with stuff I would like to see some of the various manga side-stories based during this time animated like Blue Destiny or maybe even an animated series based on the White Dingoes. There is still a lot of stuff that could be explored during this time, which I am sure plenty of fans of UC would love to see.
Amion

I would love to see stuff from the Second Century era. Definitely how they seem to be alluding to the beginning of the Newtype scarcity that was alluded to in F91 and later on (especially) in Victory.

All the more fuel for the lonely fire that is hope for manga adaptions, specifically of the original Crossbone, most excellent of all Tomino-sama's works.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Kuruni

Amion wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:49 pm All the more fuel for the lonely fire that is hope for manga adaptions, specifically of the original Crossbone, most excellent of all Tomino-sama's works.
The sad thing is that Kōji Tsujitani has recently passed away. So they have to find someone else to fill in Kinchaid's role.
mobiusdiablo

So uh, Tokyosaurus found an interview with the author of Unicorn and NT done as a promo for NT, and the news is... uh... Not sure how reliable this is, but he is directly citing the author himself...
Spoiler
Thoughts?
From 00 S2 ep 25

Tieria: As long as you keep looking down on them, you'll never understand them!
Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!
Kuruni

mobiusdiablo wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:53 pm
Spoiler
Thoughts?
My thought is, if you're just posting a Youtube link, there's no need to use spoiler tag. Any sane person who don't want to be spoiled won't click it anyway.
SonicSP

mobiusdiablo wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:53 pm
So uh, Tokyosaurus found an interview with the author of Unicorn and NT done as a promo for NT, and the news is... uh... Not sure how reliable this is, but he is directly citing the author himself...
In addition to the Unicorn author interview, I heard that was also confirmed within the first 30 minutes of Narrative that was streamed as a promo and the novelization.
Spoiler
That Gundam Unicorn had the ability to rewind time and that was what it did in the last episode of Unicorn.
nacho-wan

It's just me or the last trailer gives the vibes that Rita's brain was pulled from here to be inserted into a NT death machine? Surely I'm exaggerating a bit, but I'm guessing that the Phenex backstory is creepy.

Aside from that, what's the deal with the psychotic Neo Zeong pilot? He sure seems like loose bullet who should be given a massive warmachine
-Henry I. Miller
zetatype

nacho-wan wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:32 pm It's just me or the last trailer gives the vibes that Rita's brain was pulled from here to be inserted into a NT death machine? Surely I'm exaggerating a bit, but I'm guessing that the Phenex backstory is creepy.

Aside from that, what's the deal with the psychotic Neo Zeong pilot? He sure seems like loose bullet who should be given a massive warmachine
I just figured they were just doing some generic surgery, but putting her brain into the Phenex does seem like a possibility.

As for Zoltan, there is a line in the last trailer that implies he's a failed attempt to recreate Char.
"That stupid failed Red Comet"
Given the track record of clones and cyber newtypes, it's no surprise he's crazy.
Amion

Seeing Mineva hiding out in RoZ controlled Side 3 made my day, and wearing her father's uniform. *Sheds tear*

I wonder if she will use the Phenex to go back in time to interact with her family? That would be very interesting.

And I guess they got rid of Banagher and Rhidde? As in, "disassembled" them, also?
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
yazi88

That custom Silver Bullet in the trailer with the beam magnum is hinting something about its pilot... cause it doesn't seem that a custom colored unit like that is used by the Federation forces...

And as for the novel, from what I've been hearing its pretty much a epilogue to Unicorn and also tell it's own story too. Even tells adds details about Unicorn anime that was omitted but was in the novels, especially Full Frontal's mission.
latenlazy

yazi88 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:26 pm That custom Silver Bullet in the trailer with the beam magnum is hinting something about its pilot... cause it doesn't seem that a custom colored unit like that is used by the Federation forces...

And as for the novel, from what I've been hearing its pretty much a epilogue to Unicorn and also tell it's own story too. Even tells adds details about Unicorn anime that was omitted but was in the novels, especially Full Frontal's mission.
Not just the Silver Bullet with a beam magnum. It’s a bit hard to tell because it’s in the background but I suspect that fighter plane looking thing that’s also fighting the Neo Zeong looks like it could be a Zeta Plus.
yazi88

That Fighter plane is the core fighter of the Narrative Gundam.
Chris
Administrator

Amion wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:03 pm Seeing Mineva hiding out in RoZ controlled Side 3 made my day, and wearing her father's uniform. *Sheds tear*

I wonder if she will use the Phenex to go back in time to interact with her family? That would be very interesting.

And I guess they got rid of Banagher and Rhidde? As in, "disassembled" them, also?
Reverting mobile suit parts to an earlier state of existence is not at all the same as actually traveling backwards through time.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his