The Official Gundam Build Divers Anime Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Kuruni

Re: The Official Gundam Build Divers Anime Thread Mk I

Hmm.... Compared to "upgrade debut" episode from previous series, I think GBD beat both GBF and GBF-T, the Mermaid Gundams actually put up a good fight.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Deathzealot

We also got some good images for some of the less-known outtake Gundams that were part of the large force of Gundams at the end of the G-Gundam series. The ones launching for the giant Fish-like mothership.
domtropen

Ko-1 scratchbuilt skill is impressive for making high quality big shuttle whose spec surpass all in-game shuttle of comparable size in one week. It must be quite costly for one mission gunpla :wink:

I laughed when they make a joking screen reminiscence of black tristar vs Matilda scene :mrgreen:
Deathzealot

domtropen wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:47 pm I laughed when they make a joking screen reminiscence of black tristar vs Matilda scene :mrgreen:
Heh. I am surprised KO-1 didn't mention something about it. Like: "I am not going to end up like Matilda" during that scene.
Kuruni

This episode is pretty fun. The SD Gundam force are quite a match for Build Divers and the Super Shock Gundam is pretty nice, not as cool as Gun Genesis, but fine enough.

And another loli appears! :D
Iverasus

Spoiler
Aaannddd in a homage to G Gundam and Japanese fighting games, Tigerwolf challenges Rikuu to his force's annual fighting tournament minus instakills and demonic genes. Even though in passing, the episode provided some info and development for Tiger and it was surprising to find out that he lost to Magee sometime ago.

Rikuu then unlocks HGBD 00 Sky Higher Than Sky form by bathing the buster sword in Digi-data. Okay, the climax of their duel is understandable if one is a fan of Digimon too.I'm still wrapping my head around on how the MMO feature of upgrading/editing a skill was available to Rikku in the middle of a pvp, guess it's Sunrise's way of explaining clutch win.
DragoMaster009

Kuruni wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:34 am This episode is pretty fun. The SD Gundam force are quite a match for Build Divers and the Super Shock Gundam is pretty nice, not as cool as Gun Genesis, but fine enough.

And another loli appears! :D
Who or what is Gun Genesis?
Kuruni

DragoMaster009 wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:50 pm Who or what is Gun Genesis?
When God Mars think it's Gundam.
Kuruni

You known, I actually think pass few episodes are fun, but cannot think of what to write about (although I should if I recognize the Noum Gather then).

Well, look like the next episode will be the start of final arc.
Iverasus

Spoiler
Sooo, apparently GBD has entered .Hack terrirtory with this episode's direction. Although Sarah's nature as a glitch in the Matrix tropes was evident from episode 3 onwards, so it was more of a exposition rather than a revelation.

Another thing, shoehorning a rift between the developer/s and administration seemed like a last minute addition since there hasn't been any major plot developments regarding them since the Break Decal incident.
Kuruni

Look like Koichi will seek help from Tsukasa in the next episode. (Smart move, it's his fault, technically everything can be blame on him.) I'm faintly hope that he'll advice to destroy GBN, and then remade it to properly integrate the EL-Diver into that world :p.
Henyo

Re: The Official Gundam Bouild Divers Anime Thread Mk I

i've been wanting to ask this: how much enjoyment does this entry bring? as i'm only watching this show because of the character designs. gotta get those designs ingrained in memory for ze doujins.

the plots have been underwhelming at best and UGH at worst.
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
Kuruni

I found it overall fun to watch. The action is usually entertain and the cast are likable enough. However, it's more of an "ok" show than "great" show.

But of course, since this year started with Pop Team Epic, a shitty show, everything else is just plain.
Deathzealot

I agree with Kuruni. It is a fun show to watch, and past the first six episodes which were quite fun to a Gundam Fan like me, it kind of went under after that. Don't get me wrong it is still a fun series to watch but after those first few episodes, it just wasn't as much fun anymore.
MythSearcher

I like how a Japanese tweet put it.
In the BD inccident, the GM is just as passive as he can be.
No formal announcements, no Guard machine was seen, no actual deployment of any form of GM related personnel at related bug sites. They didn't even examine the models of the two suspects who self disclosed after a change of heart and just dismiss them as "there are no faults on the logs"
The BD inccident was quite wide known, at least most of the top players knew of its existence, yet new players have either no news of it or somehow got their own hands on BD themselves. So it can be pretty sure that the GM didn't even made a public announcement stating it is against the rules to use BD(like most MMORPG IRL) to inform new players not to use it. (Of course general netiquette should already cover this; we all know it’s useless)

Meanwhile, EL diver incident, little player knew of the bug, the two incidents that Sarah's bug is most devastating are the Mirror mission, with only 2 witness, and the Sazameth race, which both have no player noticed there are any bugs. The GM made a VERY prompt decision to announce the EL diver to the whole server, which IRL will surely prompt thousands (depending on the number of players maybe tens of thousands) of players to swamp out to find the target even if you tell them not to. Even if they don't, it'd be kind of stupid to publicly announce your own mistake before you can handle it.

The aggressiveness of the GM is so different that it looked like they are different characters.

Also, I'd make good use of this opportunity if I am the company. Announcement can be a new event, it can last about 2 months since the simulation says there’s still a few months before reaching the limit.
Event: Come up a plan to save this server or the Lolita dies!
Surely there will be a lot of lolicons think up of different ways to save Sarah, if no one can, at least a lot of gentlemen will be donating thousands to expand the servers limitation just to let the Lolita live longer.
Kuruni

Again, I say the company behind GBN is simply a sharp contrast to Bannam. Seriously, if you make a fully sentient life (even if accidentally), it would be such a big development that the most sensible act would be reduce the server activity by close the game "for maintenance" even if it risk to piss most divers. I would like to think that this is what Crystal Phoenix want to do, but the GM care too much about players.

Of course, I think most of us aware that the real reason of what's going on is to turn majority of divers against Build Divers. Again, I hope that Tsukasa would suggest to destroy GBN and remade it with Sarah as part of it from start (he's Decade after all) just to make it even more tense.
MythSearcher

Kuruni wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:47 am Again, I say the company behind GBN is simply a sharp contrast to Bannam. Seriously, if you make a fully sentient life (even if accidentally), it would be such a big development that the most sensible act would be reduce the server activity by close the game "for maintenance" even if it risk to piss most divers. I would like to think that this is what Crystal Phoenix want to do, but the GM care too much about players.

Of course, I think most of us aware that the real reason of what's going on is to turn majority of divers against Build Divers. Again, I hope that Tsukasa would suggest to destroy GBN and remade it with Sarah as part of it from start (he's Decade after all) just to make it even more tense.
That contradicts though. Break decal obviously are very devastating to lawful players, they don't even do a single announcement or send GMs on site or even check the models of the players who turned themselves in.
If you really care about the players, listen to them and believe in their witness statements.

Anyway, I still see a lolita being saved by the gentlemen(read: hentai) a very viable, fun and realistic option if this really happened IRL, but will not make for a kids show.

Wait, no, I retract that last statement, it can make a really great show if you change the tone a bit and it is "Gather all the power from all the players and save an innocent girl!" sounds validly plausible for a kids show. It has all the elements of a hot blooded scene like in Char's Counter Attack where all pilots from both fractions tried to push back Axis, the friendship element as well. (And the adults will laugh at the hentai-ness behind the idea.)
Kuruni

It's Getter! Piloted by oni! (well, they have Getter Saurus already).

Great action, there's some scene with just flash work, but nowhere as bad as in GBF-T.
MythSearcher wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:12 am Anyway, I still see a lolita being saved by the gentlemen(read: hentai)
As a guy who's into loli fetish, not all of the genre is hentai. Really, you just sound like someone who only think of "tentacles" when heard the word "anime" (same line of thinking, just at different scale).

Regardless, look like they actually set up "Gather all the power from all the players" element, except it's clearly that the power will be against the Build Divers (and possibly few other allie). It's likely that Koichi's plan, despite being nice out of box thinking, would has too high risk of failure to be accept by most. But Riku and friends would risk it anyway. Speaking of Koichi's plan, it make me think that maybe Sunrise plan to release MS Girls the Series next.
MythSearcher

Kuruni wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:32 am It's Getter! Piloted by oni! (well, they have Getter Saurus already).

Great action, there's some scene with just flash work, but nowhere as bad as in GBF-T.

As a guy who's into loli fetish, not all of the genre is hentai. Really, you just sound like someone who only think of "tentacles" when heard the word "anime" (same line of thinking, just at different scale).

Regardless, look like they actually set up "Gather all the power from all the players" element, except it's clearly that the power will be against the Build Divers (and possibly few other allie). It's likely that Koichi's plan, despite being nice out of box thinking, would has too high risk of failure to be accept by most. But Riku and friends would risk it anyway. Speaking of Koichi's plan, it make me think that maybe Sunrise plan to release MS Girls the Series next.
Nah, just use the term for fun. Especially lolicon in Japan does almost equivalent to hentai(and the word 紳士 for gentlemen, this is referenced in a manga but seems to have its origin in a Hong Kong movie)

Suddenly I came to the realization that since Sarah is created from the excess data when scanning the models, as the developer put it, the emotion and love they put into GBN, the administration is now rejecting the love of players, which is in turn shown by the Champion being in agony.
So, is a GBN rejecting the love of players still a GBN the players want? This sounds like a deep enough to be a theme put into the show.
Kuruni

MythSearcher wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:55 pm Nah, just use the term for fun. Especially lolicon in Japan does almost equivalent to hentai
Well, objectively speaking it's indeed a mental disorder.