The Official Gundam Build Divers Anime Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
MythSearcher

Re: The Official Gundam Build Divers Anime Thread Mk I

Got another idea from another (Chinese) forum.

If Sarah is like cancer, all of the data spread during the wings of light in the BD inccident are like sending out little pockets of cancer cells waiting to be unleashed.

The main tauma, Sarah, will be sending out a signal to suppress the other pockets from bursting out, but once Sarah is removed(either by Admin or Tsukasa&KO1), the signal ceased and those pockets will all burst out at the same time and Sarah will be needed to come back and suppress those data.

Actual story-wise, it can be something like Tsukasa&KO1 copied Sarah to another computer, then admin finished the patch and deleted what's the remainder of Sarah but not the other residual bug codes that have been spreaded out that are actually causing the bugs which Sarah was suppressing. So problem NOT solved AND now every evil thing is popping out with the server in grave danger. Since Bandai wouldn't want to have o be fighting a bunch of dark Sarahs and the data originated from gunpla, they take a form in gunpla. League of Volunteers tried to subdue the bugs but failed (again) and Sarah logs in to safe the server, omedetou omedetou. Then some kind of afterwards bonus we get Riku fighting Champion.
Iverasus

Who remembers Angelic Layer from the early 90's?
Spoiler
In the unfolding of events that is a shout out to Feds having special forces, the Coalition is reassembled to "capture" Sarah. Although, more of a facade to avoid the entire player base hunting Build Divers.Well we had it coming since episode 1. LOL
Kuruni

MythSearcher wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:55 pm Suddenly I came to the realization that since Sarah is created from the excess data when scanning the models, as the developer put it, the emotion and love they put into GBN, the administration is now rejecting the love of players, which is in turn shown by the Champion being in agony.
So, is a GBN rejecting the love of players still a GBN the players want? This sounds like a deep enough to be a theme put into the show.
And for extra layer, if they take the GM's stance that Sarah isn't real. Then it mean they deny that their love of Gunpla is real and that GBN is merely a shallow place, proven that Tsuka was right all along.

And it would explain GM's behaviour to a degree. My impression right now is that he's a distance figure who take his role (of keeping GBN running) seriously but without passion. He probably don't care about divers as much as how everything is going fine "according to the system". And so he barely take any action during Break Decal incident (the system say everything is fine) but make big deal out of Sarah (the bug is recorded on the system).
My girlfriend was a loli.
MythSearcher

Kuruni wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:58 am
And for extra layer, if they take the GM's stance that Sarah isn't real. Then it mean they deny that their love of Gunpla is real and that GBN is merely a shallow place, proven that Tsuka was right all along.

And it would explain GM's behaviour to a degree. My impression right now is that he's a distance figure who take his role (of keeping GBN running) seriously but without passion. He probably don't care about divers as much as how everything is going fine "according to the system". And so he barely take any action during Break Decal incident (the system say everything is fine) but make big deal out of Sarah (the bug is recorded on the system).
Ok, Spoilers...
Spoiler
What's with the GM being so insistent on removing Sarah in such a short period?
Everything is still in control and bugs aren't even visible yet, and from both their simulation and the developer's, there's still a few months left for them to get better in coding a more stable program to maybe save Sarah instead of rushing it in a few days.
It almost looks like he IS hiding something to cover up something he did.

Also, I must repeat that this is just so unreal that they can whip up a program to completely delete Sarah but not a program to completely transfer her. If they can locate all of the tiny programlettes(No, I made up the word) in the server and delete them, surely they can do the same to transfer them.
BTW, if their concern is Sarah further breaking down and bugging the server more when they are trying to transfer her, it would just be at least as likely(ahem, much more likely in all senses because technically you cannot just wipe out the whole program at once but delete it sector by sector, removing just the header/pointer won't work.) that she will be broken up when you delete her.
Yes, I know this is a kids show but the logic isn't that hard to grasp, especially we have Hataraku Saibou in the same season, kids aren't idiots.
Kuruni

...Maybe staff of Sunrise just piss at someone among Bannam's game developers :mrgreen: .

Well, at least Kyoya is reasonable enough.

Obviously, the next two episodes will be big battle. Lets see if they will wrap everything in the 24th and leave 25th as epilogue, or drag it to three episodes and leave up 5 minutes or so of the ending.

Again, I hope that in the end, they will hint that we'll get MS Girls the Series :mrgreen: .
Iverasus

Spoiler
Finally, the protags attempting to save a life in the vein of other AU gundam shows! Although it's all acting, the upcoming battle is going to be one big farce to distract the admins. Still we would be getting the fight teased by the 2nd op, Fox V Wolf!
Honestly speaking, the admin is starting to be positioned by the writers as the next villain since the end of the Break Decal incident. Which should have worked if it was projected at the end of the first three episodes...
MythSearcher

Iverasus wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:04 am
Spoiler
Finally, the protags attempting to save a life in the vein of other AU gundam shows! Although it's all acting, the upcoming battle is going to be one big farce to distract the admins. Still we would be getting the fight teased by the 2nd op, Fox V Wolf!
Honestly speaking, the admin is starting to be positioned by the writers as the next villain since the end of the Break Decal incident. Which should have worked if it was projected at the end of the first three episodes...
Yes, the GM in the next ep preview seems to be doing something.
But this is just too obvious from the set up so the developer can counter him and have some talk.

I would be happy if I guessed wrong, because that'd mean they are actually not producing the show by the book...
Kuruni

MythSearcher wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:10 am
Iverasus wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:04 am
Spoiler
Yes, the GM in the next ep preview seems to be doing something.
But this is just too obvious from the set up so the developer can counter him and have some talk.

I would be happy if I guessed wrong, because that'd mean they are actually not producing the show by the book...
Well, look like your wish is granted and GM is simply being a jerk instead of a mastermind or something (but since there're still teo episode left, don't celebrate yet).

I actually laugh when Kamina discover Momo and the long pause afterward make it better. It's common trope, and it worked.

I cannot help but imagine the battle between Shahyar and Tiger as Heero vs Domon, nothing is wrong with it.

00 Sky HWS is wasted befor the end of this episode. It make sense in context that they would give Riku some extra firepower, but shouldn't they at least have him shot Randy down with it?

Have to give them a credit of explaing why the sustem find nothing wrong with the Break Decals. It's simple and believable enough.
MythSearcher

Kuruni wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:03 am Well, look like your wish is granted and GM is simply being a jerk instead of a mastermind or something (but since there're still teo episode left, don't celebrate yet).

I actually laugh when Kamina discover Momo and the long pause afterward make it better. It's common trope, and it worked.

I cannot help but imagine the battle between Shahyar and Tiger as Heero vs Domon, nothing is wrong with it.

00 Sky HWS is wasted befor the end of this episode. It make sense in context that they would give Riku some extra firepower, but shouldn't they at least have him shot Randy down with it?

Have to give them a credit of explaing why the sustem find nothing wrong with the Break Decals. It's simple and believable enough.
GM is just pretty much the EF of GBN now, bureaucratic.

The system is just so stupid that a player guild master has the power to stop a GM in executing a system patch, no wonder there are so much bugs, the players simply have too much power.

And yes, I liked how they explain the Break Decal being able to hack the system, it makes so much more sense than all the other things they said about the system it seems like a plot by a different person.
Dark Duel

Kuruni wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:03 am 00 Sky HWS is wasted befor the end of this episode. It make sense in context that they would give Riku some extra firepower, but shouldn't they at least have him shot Randy down with it?
I legit cheered when the 00-Sky HWS got wasted. As much as I think the 00-Sky is the single ugliest Gundam I have ever seen, the HWS equipment is precisely the kind of half-assed "throw more guns on it" upgrade that I absolutely despise, and makes it even more hideous. So YAY.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Kuruni

MythSearcher wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:30 am The system is just so stupid that a player guild master has the power to stop a GM in executing a system patch, no wonder there are so much bugs, the players simply have too much power.
I would like to guess that this is Kyoya's exclusive privilege and nobody else has it (we known that he's among the first playtesters). If we take GBD as alternate continuity of GBF, I think he would be Meijin. And seriously, consider how slow and incompetent Katsuragi is, it's understandable.
MythSearcher

Kuruni wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:12 am
I would like to guess that this is Kyoya's exclusive privilege and nobody else has it (we known that he's among the first playtesters). If we take GBD as alternate continuity of GBF, I think he would be Meijin. And seriously, consider how slow and incompetent Katsuragi is, it's understandable.
Spoiler
I'm actually surprised that he surrenders so easily in this episode.
I mean, he seems all of a sudden just think the idea isn't bad and showed no resistance whatsoever.
The problem of this GM character may lie in the fact that he has no facial expression at all, you have no idea when he agrees to a proposition or opposes it. I guess he did took in the advice of Champion and thus he didn't further apply his GM powers to, say, ban all of them and just execute the program anyway, but his failing to stop pestering Sarah is not showing that will enough.
Kuruni

Episode 24. Lets say that while I think this series handle drama WAY better than in GBF-T, this episode is almost overdo it. The super robot-style artshift is pretty cool if you're into it.

Patrick has extra long focus in this episode, and from the look of it I thought he would be the first to cheer for Riku in public, to show us how people are touched by their determination. Oh well...

It look like that ultimately Rommel isn't different from Riku. Turn out that he really fight for one of his teammate even if the world would see him as a cold heart and selfish. And yet Kurt himself point the obvious fact that they can still rebuild the whole thing afterward.

Oh well, we still have one more episode left, and from the preview I guess the final boss won't last pass commercial break, and then we'll finally see most character IRL. Again, I wish that whatever Sarah become would be a hint of the next series :mrgreen: .
MythSearcher

Kuruni wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:50 pm Oh well, we still have one more episode left, and from the preview I guess the final boss won't last pass commercial break
I am so seeing it now, with all realism that they have the finishing blow before the commercial break and then show it again after the break with the fall of the last boss. And I cannot unsee that vision thanks to your comment. :?
Kuruni

I actually think it will be completely defeated in the first half, with the second half focus on their offline meeting.

What I fear is that the last minutes will be Riku and Ogre's proper settle match, and the credit roll as just they're about to crash.
Kuruni

And that's it. Ultimately I still think it's mildly entertaining series, just not a great one.

Mobile Doll Sarah's MS mode look pretty cool. Still, you would think that her existence, a complete artificial lifeform, should cause massive uproar among scientists.
Iverasus

To echo Kuruni, yes it was average in terms of entertaining us. Moreso, it served akin to an appetizer for a better made output.

Though it's some parts of the show's narrative could also be viewed as Sunrise trying an isekai style story for the franchise through the Build Fighters universe, which this episode showed could be plausible but needs to be a new series rather than an existing one.
YokozunaBulldozer

Final episode thoughts.
Spoiler
YAY FOR KING EXKAISER-COLORED TRYON 3
YAY FOR SIDE STORY PROTAGONISTS GETTING SOME SCREEN TIME
YAY FOR VICTORY DAISHOGUN APPEARANCE
YAY AWESOME FINAL BATTLE SCENE
YAY FINALLY WE GET TO SEE WHAT SOME OF THE CHARACTERS LOOK LIKE IN REAL LIFE(wish Rommel and Ogre and Do-ji could appear too but I guess that is a story for another day)
YAY NOW LETS MOVE ON TO NARRATIVE
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
MythSearcher

Iverasus wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:09 pm Though it's some parts of the show's narrative could also be viewed as Sunrise trying an isekai style story for the franchise through the Build Fighters universe, which this episode showed could be plausible but needs to be a new series rather than an existing one.
Minor correction, this is not isekai style but more of the VRMMORPG game style story like .Hack, Only Sense Online, etc.
(some isekai story starts with a VRMMORPG like New Gate, The sage who claim to be the student of the sage, Overlord, Log Horizon, and some are darker in tone called Death Game style if locked in a game without means to get out and will die with the character, e.g. SAO)

GBD on average is, well, average. The final episode is decent in the sense of sticking to the book with everyone cooperating to a great means and a short afterwards story.
I'd say good enough overall for something as a kids show.
Henyo

That floating nekkid loli kinda made up for the MEH-ness of GBD.
it's too simple. even the suit designs were rather forgetable. i really don't dig that red GP02
ne thing this one did good were the designs of the female characters both their IRL and online avatars(DOUJINS!!!)

one other question i'd like to ask: is it safe to say that GBD is like that .Hack entry about Aura's daughter?
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!