The Official Gundam Build Divers Anime Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Wingnut

Re: The Official Gundam Build Divers Anime Thread Mk I

Kuruni wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:00 am
Spoiler
BTW, Ayame's smile is indeed beutiful.
Spoiler
Yes, yes it is. Must protec.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
MythSearcher

yazi88 wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:03 am This is a shonen battle show with VR as the settings, not a VR show. Log Horizon might be one of the few that explains bot accounts, but it was adapted from a novel source material, meaning it was made with details in mind. Shonen battle shows rarely go into such depth or discussions. Plus, sometimes companies are just that inept, especially with Cyber-security. How many times have we seen Hacker's get away with so much without companies noticing anything. The way I'm seeing it is that the culprit could be very skilled hacker and knows how to mess with the system, hence the break decals.
I don't have problem about the company being inept, I've played online games and especially one of the most famously insecure online game called Ragnarok online.(though this one actually had its own reasons of the Korea original online accounts are person bound and thus dummy accounts are much much harder to come by, but doesn't work that way in all other countries)
In fact, I know a lot of companies even use dummy accounts themselves to cheat players into paying more in social games where the player interactions are less, some of the high rank players are indeed getting points at an unreasonable rate even if you take into account they are paying a lot.
You don't get a flat nice million points in the first hour of the competition when the most you can get, paying for each round, is 8000/min(4000 for unpaid) without a speed hack.
The guys who obtained a 6 million+ throughout the 9 day period is obviously some rich dedicated fans of the game(and even they are using speed hacks but the company let them slip), but these with a sudden boost at the beginning but slowly dropped out of top ten and didn't even get the daily bonus guys and repeated that pattern(with a certain increase in points) every month obviously isn't. Just change the number of points and units and you can see the same thing in almost all social games and some online games.

Most of the few online game related anime just showed how the creators knows so little about online games and almost look like at least the director and story board people never played any, to the extend of maybe even lacked the common internet knowledge, with the exception of maybe Log Horizon.
Some Death Game genre items(e.g. SAO) can get away with the dummy account and bot problem, but others?
The fun thing is that most of the more recent VRMMO stories mostly are web novels, and the writers should know the internet better.

BTW, the Le Chat Noir obviously lost because the cloaked guy is doing something in behind, maybe helped them in winning so they got to a rank that exceeded they ability and maybe hired some kind of actor to demoralize others. Giving the tactics they planned to use to the opponent force is also a high possibility.
But the Le Chat Noir used the same machines over and over, it doesn't matter if they are SD or not, just makes them really vulnerable to anyone who studied their modus operandi.
Kuruni

MythSearcher wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:26 am I don't have problem about the company being inept, I've played online games and especially one of the most famously insecure online game called Ragnarok online.
I think this is the problem, you're using the lowest srandard to asuume how it work in story. Why don't assume otherwise, that they actually have the highest security possible?

Heck, what we see on the screen make it clear that the company behind GBN is ideal MMO company, pretty much impossible to exist IRL. They use "innocent until caught" to deal with illegal activity, and even lets the player get off scot-free when the data show no illegal activity despite all screenshots. IRL, Stea would just get banned. Not to mention completely lack of microtransaction. It's clear that the company in the story is nothing like anything in out world, especially not Bannam :lol: .
My girlfriend was a loli.
Kuruni

Episode 12

The battle is surprisingly fun. Seeing Tsukasa being upset in that form make me smile.
Spoiler
Ultimately, Riku win because of unexpected ability to nullify Break Decal. Although I won't csll it Deus ex Machina, it's clearly has connect to Sarah and we're all aware that she isn't normal.

Look like Riku will be forced to play GPD with Tsukasa in the next episode and from Momoka's expression, it won't be pretty.
MythSearcher

Spoiler
Okay, they do put in the dummy account part, and what's more, its a guest account.
Nice, I guess the security of this game is just this bad.
Which I can understand being having the need to scan the models, you introduce a very vulnerable security loop hole into the system.

That said, the show dipped into even more nonsense which I want to completely ignore.

The battle is pretty good overall, but I kinda hated the repeated use of the Big Zam spray gun scene withOUT the shooting part but a continuous net spread out. (The shooting part is actually well done, I'd give it more credit than the wings of light which looked kinda cheesy)

The whole story obviously will turn into the path with GPD player Tsukasa saying GBN won't destroy your model and thus lacked the weight of GPD and thus things built upon that is all fake.
Amion

Spoiler
Enjoyable episode. It had its moments, certainly. And that AGE-2 the champion pilots is one sweet ride. at least the show gave us some great and unique spins on mobile suits.

The main villain, Tsukasa was his name? Seems almost like a person from a serious Gundam show talking, complaining about lies, falsehood and how the battle has no weight or pain, and that real battlefields are not so tame. It's weird. Obviously, the show isn't going down the dark, weird route of introducing such a character. So what is Tsukasa?

Next episode gives me a Yu-Gi-Oh vibe, with Riku getting hurt from what appears to be some kind of "special" duel. Might as well call it a "shadow duel" and be done with it. But I will withhold judgment until I see more.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Iverasus

Spoiler
Speaking of next week's episode, one may speculate it to be one of two revelations: A. That GBN was created to continue playing gunpla battles without the risk of actual damage to the kits, something that GPD implemented eversince its launch yet was costly to players especially students. B. Players actually felt the damage done to their units through the game's booth or sensors akin to yu gi oh's duel disks (which IRL is similar to the painstation that was made by some swedish college students) that drew backlash from the community.
Amion

Iverasus wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:08 pm
Spoiler
Speaking of next week's episode, one may speculate it to be one of two revelations: A. That GBN was created to continue playing gunpla battles without the risk of actual damage to the kits, something that GPD implemented eversince its launch yet was costly to players especially students. B. Players actually felt the damage done to their units through the game's booth or sensors akin to yu gi oh's duel disks (which IRL is similar to the painstation that was made by some swedish college students) that drew backlash from the community.
Spoiler
A part of me still wants this to end up being a bit darker than I have any business wanting from a kids toy commercial. Must be my complete disappointment in Iron-blooded Orphans. I need a serious mecha anime. And now they're just being cruel with their teasing of "this battle has no weight. You don't understand suffering!"

I imagine a scenario where there are real-life mobile suit battles beyond GBN, and somehow a Gundam antagonist or hero has been forced to come to a world where people pretend to kill each other for fun, and his tortured soldier's mind cannot stand it.

That, or make it so the AI girl is actually human, and they're running GBN Matrix-style. I could totally dig that. 8)

Turn this into a lighthearted SAO where the heroes turn into the hackers, trying to rescue the poor girl used as living, conscious wetware.

Or go Hack.Sign or Code Lyoko, the latter especially, whereby they want to bring the AI girl into reality but must fight the system to do it. And that Admin SD. He clearly looks like final boss material. (I'm joking about that last bit)
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Ryujin

Right now, what with him being a cyberstalker & all, I want to know if Tsukasa actually knows that the KO-1 in Riku's Force is his old clubmate Koichi or if he's just being really dense & clueless about that ("there's no way he could be MY Koichi, ha ha"). I want to see him going "Surely my old friend will be sympathetic with my cause! Yadda yadda" or "You traitorous scum of the worst sort! Rant rant rant" when he & Koichi finally encounter each other.

Given the way things keep turning out, I'm expecting Koichi to have an inkling of what Tsukasa's been up to at the end of next week's episode. Best-case scenario would be if he followed Yukki & Momoka to wherever Tsukasa was having the gunpla duel for a dramatic face-to-face moment (and cliffhanger ending).
Kuruni

Ryujin wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:11 pm Right now, what with him being a cyberstalker & all, I want to know if Tsukasa actually knows that the KO-1 in Riku's Force is his old clubmate Koichi or if he's just being really dense & clueless about that ("there's no way he could be MY Koichi, ha ha"). I want to see him going "Surely my old friend will be sympathetic with my cause! Yadda yadda" or "You traitorous scum of the worst sort! Rant rant rant" when he & Koichi finally encounter each other.
The fun part is that he actually give up on GPD and abandon Koichi first. I too would like to see it since it will be the point to determine if Tsuka is outright hypocrite or simply a misguided angry man.

Now for the next episode, since Tsukasa use barcode-like stripes of dark pink beam in this episode, I wish that the next battle end with his gunpla crushing 00 Diver with jumping kick move. For bonus point, has him introduce himself to Riku as "I'm just a passingby diver, remember that. :lol: ".
Kuruni

Good enough. Drama is just right instead of narmy. The battle is pretty cool.

And Astray No-Name is awesome. Too bad it isn't called Gundam Decal...
Iverasus

Spoiler
Apparently, Decade is angry no one wants their models to get literal face lifts, and are content with virtual content and cosplay. His dialogue in this episode makes him stand in as audience surrogate for those that preferred face to face competition, something that isn't occuring in arcades lately with the advancements in internet speed and connection and some games relaesing console versions that are complete in content.

Another thing one could speculate is that rising costs of repeatedly repairing gunpla over the course of playing caused GPD's obscurity and the shift of the playerbase to GBN. Sure it led to constant customization (and cool looking suits probably) but it was putting a dent to weekly and monthly allowances of conscious players that some retired from the game or looked around for an alternative until GBN came along.
Wingnut

Spoiler
Smile status = Protected.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
YokozunaBulldozer

Episode 14...
Spoiler
Gundam 00 Sky is finally a thing. I look forward to this holy matrimony of Gundam 00 and Destiny Gundam to just crush the competition. Judging by the opening clip Yukki's upcoming successor to Beammaster feels like it will be a Jesta with a heap of Gundam Double X influence in the mix, and I like the red and orange color scheme. And Nanami seems like she will be joining the club. I loved Diver's High by Sky-Hi, but the new Opening Infinity by SWANKY DANK is a solid tune. That part where the guitar goes in hard when 00 Sky takes off is just nice. The episode overall was a nice break from all the drama that occured these past few episodes, and I wonder who the new mystery character is.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Kuruni

Real Ayame is even more cute...

I bet that Sarah's promise to see Riku IRL will be invoked later on. At this point, her fate and existence doesn't look so good.

From OP, look like Ogre will get an upgrade gunpla, and Kujo at least will repaint AGEII Magnum. And there will be yet another girl to join Build Divers.

I start to like Riku now. He sympathy with Decade and understand his motive, yet he's still sane enough to aware that what he did is still wrong (people these days, both IRL and fictional characters, seem to think that every crime can be justified and forgivable).

One thing GBD already beat GBF-T is that it has actual plot beyond "I wanna be the best". And while Break Decal plot is resolved, it look like the next plot will be focus on Sarah.
Iverasus

Kuruni wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:48 am Real Ayame is even more cute...

I bet that Sarah's promise to see Riku IRL will be invoked later on. At this point, her fate and existence doesn't look so good.

From OP, look like Ogre will get an upgrade gunpla, and Kujo at least will repaint AGEII Magnum. And there will be yet another girl to join Build Divers.

I start to like Riku now. He sympathy with Decade and understand his motive, yet he's still sane enough to aware that what he did is still wrong (people these days, both IRL and fictional characters, seem to think that every crime can be justified and forgivable).

One thing GBD already beat GBF-T is that it has actual plot beyond "I wanna be the best". And while Break Decal plot is resolved, it look like the next plot will be focus on Sarah.
EDITED: Looking forward to whatever new features the AGE 2 Magnum !Like!Saber has to offer now that it has achived final ascension (shoutout to fellow Fate Grand Order players!).

Speaking of sympathy, it would be interesting to see if it's going to be friendship through defeat because of Rikku or redemption through respawn due to mystery character for Decade, now that this new player enters the narrative.

Lastly, a GP02 upgrade for Orge sound good since him and Rikku's rivalry has a minor undertone of 0083 (i.e veteran vs rookie).
Last edited by Iverasus on Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iverasus

Spoiler

Looking forward to whatever new features AGE 2 Magnum !Like!Saber has to offer now that it has achived final ascension (shoutout to fellow Fate Grand Order players!)

Speaking of sympathy, it would be interesting to see if it's going to be friendship through defeat because of Rikku or redemption through respawn due to mystery character for Decade, now that a new player enters the narrative.

Lastly, a GP02 upgrade for Orge sound good since him and Rikku's rivalry has a minor undertone of 0083.
Sorry for the triple post
Last edited by Iverasus on Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Iverasus

Spoiler

Looking forward to whatever new features AGE 2 Magnum !Like!Saber has to offer now that it has achived final ascension (shoutout to fellow Fate Grand Order players!)

Speaking of sympathy, it would be interesting to see if it's going to be friendship through defeat because of Rikku or redemption through respawn due to mystery character for Decade, now that a new player enters the narrative.

Lastly, a GP02 upgrade for Orge sound good since him and Rikku's rivalry has a minor undertone of 0083.
Sorry for the triple post
Wingnut

Kuruni wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:48 am Real Ayame is even more cute....
That she is. The OP also shows her using a white color for her Zeromaru's real mode.

Though of all the mechs, I'm looking forward to seeing those two that the Champ's top wingmen are using.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Ryujin

I generally liked how this episode was handled. It was basically a recap episode that actually advanced the plot, instead of going full-blown clip show. It's also nice for them to show that UNDERSTANDING can actually go both ways.