The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk IV

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
felip3cruz

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk IV

I honestly thought that everyone in Admoss were going to die when Atra said she was staying at Tekkadan. Anyway... I'm pretty sure that McGillis was involved somehow in Orga's death, otherwise there'll be no reason to a Barbatos Lupus Rex VS Bael final showdown.
yazi88

McGillis has done things directly rather than relying on 3rd party goons to do his work when it comes to killing in the show so far, although given his actions with Mika earlier it is a possibility.

If anything it was probably orchestrated by Nobliss who has hired goons to kill Kudelia in the Dort Colonies, and given he's working for Rustal now it seems highly likely. Plus he knows that Tekkadan might visit Admoss company.
Kuruni

One thing, it seem people forget that those assasins don't specifically aim for Orga. Chad got shoted first, and Orga might even get to cover if he doesn't shield Ride. It's likely that they tried to kill everyone there.
My girlfriend was a loli.
AmuroNT1

Which is why I said "running around with their Tekkadan jackets when public opinion has been turned against Tekkadan is kinda dumb". :P
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
SNT1

One thing that may point out that McGillis may not be behind this is the timing;

When Macky starts to get real annoyed by Orga and Mika's insistance that he follow Orga, he was trapped in the same Tekkadan base that has had their communications cut off. He did step out for "personal business" but that was before said annoyances took place. He did finally break through with Bael but I just don't buy that he was able to make the arrangements for the hit in the cockpit when he's focused on Rustal's forces at the time.

Plus, Macky has been said to be "incredibly lucky." Maybe Orga's death, perhaps not of his doing, is one 'lucky' break McGillis needed to get Mika to really go all out against Gjallarhorn?

As for the final battles, one minor thing: (I can't find the link) there's a commercial of gunpla for Bael and Barbatos and they seem to be posed fighting alongside each other. Not much to go by, but I don't see them fighting in the final 2 episodes. Besides, Fareed-Bauduin III is next episode and I don't see McGillis having the skill or stamina to both win in the penultimate episode here AND give Mika a good fight in the final. Two episodes is not much time.
CMIIW, I've been known to ramble :lol:
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
domino

Entirely possible that McGillis did more than just switch clothes when he left the base to "check on something". He may have been predicting they'd seek assistance from Admoss at some point. That's basically what he did to manipulate Tekkadan and other forces in season 1

Otherwise, McGillis may have sent them a signal from within the Bael Gundam.

I find it hard to believe that Rustal will be disposed of fast enough for Bael and Barbatos to have a showdown. Two episodes may work but depending on the writing - we may get lucky enough to have a OVA/movie.
SonicSP

Speaking of McGillis, how did he get back into Tekkadan's base from that cliff anyways?

I don't think Gjallahorn just let him walked in.........
Amion

Maybe Iok Kujan was on watch over that particular cliff...
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
MarshalBraginsky

Having looked up a bit of info on Katejina Loos and how she survived the whole war against Zanscare Empire but reduced to being a blind woman, do you guys think that IdIok might up having a similar fate to her?
AmuroNT1

The whole thing with Kathejina was that Tomino himself felt that just killing her off at the end of the show wasn't a severe enough punishment for all the horrible things did. Iok is an idiot and he's done some bad things, but the scale doesn't really compare.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

sdwoodchuck

Yeah, Iok is just a pampered brat who has been told "you're great" for so long that he believes it, and can't seem to cut it under real authority or in real combat. Katejina was vindictive, manipulative, and cruel. Not really comparable.
MarshalBraginsky

AmuroNT1 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:18 pm The whole thing with Kathejina was that Tomino himself felt that just killing her off at the end of the show wasn't a severe enough punishment for all the horrible things did. Iok is an idiot and he's done some bad things, but the scale doesn't really compare.
Not to mention that the extremely high death count in Victory Gundam was due to Tomino himself suffering from depression at that time. I don't think IdIok can be compared to even the Seirans from GSD for that matter, as the moron is on a whole new level of idiot. (Yes, Yuuna getting squashed by a falling GOUF was an ignominious death worth for a fool) However, G-Tekketsu could come close to breaking the record for the most amount of deaths, from the deposed ex-CGS staff to Crank, Masahiro, Biscuit and his older brother, Carta, Lafter, Naze and his wife, Fumitan, Shino, to Orga. Who else am I missing?
SonicSP

You're missing Aston.
The Green Flame

Also Isurugi and Snake Man Gusion pilot. And it still wouldn't be enough to hit Victory :V
Dark Duel

As long as we're including named characters in general, I suppose there's also that Mars Branch dirtbag from S1 and the Stenja brothers, and in S2 there's also Galan Mossa and that other guy, Radish or whatever - the creepy traitor from the Arbrau arc. Oh, and that one creepy dude with the man-baby face who hired the Dawn Horizon Corps way back at the beginning of the series, I'd totally forgotten about him.

Of course, not all that broken up about most of those, as they were for the most part villains and/or fairly uninteresting characters.
Last edited by Dark Duel on Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
SNT1

As many as the deaths are in IBO, there's still an abnormally large cast of named characters to begin with. For example, Gundam 00 S1 had 3named character deaths towards the end (on the protagonist side) but seemed more impactful because of how small a crew Celestial Being was.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Kuruni

I has to be more impactful. I mean, when you have someone shot at Lenin's frozen corpse in Mosc...Moon, any strong comrade will feel rage :mrgreen: .
My girlfriend was a loli.
AmuroNT1

"Must...crush...capitalism..."

yazi88

Well....
Spoiler
Nobliss was the one who ordered the hit on Orga, it wasn't a surprise given how much of a backstabber and shady guy he was, but surprisingly enough, McGillis died too, gravely injured and outside the Bael, but not before wrecking a lot of havok on Rustal's fleet, Kimaris Vidar got damaged a lot too but Gaelio might turn things around against Rustal, or maybe not... Sadly Hush died too, but given the deaths around the end of the show its to be expected.
Loop_Stratos

yazi88 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:02 am Well....
Spoiler
Nobliss was the one who ordered the hit on Orga, it wasn't a surprise given how much of a backstabber and shady guy he was, but surprisingly enough, McGillis died too, gravely injured and outside the Bael, but not before wrecking a lot of havok on Rustal's fleet, Kimaris Vidar got damaged a lot too but Gaelio might turn things around against Rustal, or maybe not... Sadly Hush died too, but given the deaths around the end of the show its to be expected.
Where'd you get this?
IMO

This is just a block of text. Move on.