The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk III

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Locked
User avatar
Amion
Posts: 2165
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:43 pm

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk III

Post by Amion » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:25 pm

I confess a theory similar to Swithin's was bobbing in my head, mostly because I want to see the Angelic Hosts return. Hashmal was the best thing about this series for me, truth be told, barring maybe Atra and Mika.

However, didn't McGillis tell Mika he was similar to Agnika? I don't know how I feel about that comparison. It's such an unlikely theory that it might well be true. At any rate I do hope SOMETHING comes of Aknika's "soul" being in the Bael. Its too interesting an element for him not to at least have some kind of communication with McGillis.

Now, the Flauros retaining some of Shino's consciousness. We already had that happen with Ein. Why not? Ryuu-Shin-Go, anyone? :mrgreen:
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.

domino
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:37 pm

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk III

Post by domino » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:52 pm

Shino did have a bloodshot eye but he was also clearly wounded by the last Dainsleif attack. You could see sparks and such around the cockpit so he most likely was in severe pain while focusing which may have SEEMED Mika-like but it probably wasn't.

Mika appears to be special in how he syncs with the Gundams because he had the operation 3 times. Remember that Akihiru couldn't handle the Mika-level sync that his Gundam was forced into when it approached the mobile armour. It's unlikely that Shino would've been able to handle that level of sync either.

User avatar
Dark Duel
Posts: 4763
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:39 pm
Location: A blue City in a red State

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk III

Post by Dark Duel » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:56 pm

Now, the Flauros retaining some of Shino's consciousness. We already had that happen with Ein. Why not? Ryuu-Shin-Go, anyone? :mrgreen:
I get what you're going for - something like what happened with Marion Welch and the EXAM System in Blue Destiny. But IMO, the Ein comparison doesn't work because it's not the same thing. It's not that Ein's consciousness was absorbed or integrated directly into a particular mobile suit. It's literally that his physical brain was removed and installed in a tech-based support system - more like the dolphin brain sonar in GX
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS
// GUNPLA THREAD //

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."

User avatar
yazi88
Moderator
Posts: 1361
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:53 am
Location: Scopedog Bed

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk III

Post by yazi88 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:17 pm

Yeah. Ein's brain was removed in the 1st place for the Graze Ein and somewhat recovered for the Vidar, this theory of Shino's mind in the AV system thing is way too out there to be even considered remotely plausible.

User avatar
X_zoro
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:01 am

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk III

Post by X_zoro » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:40 pm

domino wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:07 pm
Even with an upgrade, Hush doesn't have the combat experience and has the distinct disadvantage of no AV
I can understand him losing to AV pilots, I get that but regular Pilots ? its been more then six months right ? he should be good enough to handle regular Grazes rather then have Mika save him from them, is his going to be like this all the way until the end ? I would find that pretty dumb if that was the case.

User avatar
Kuruni
Posts: 2904
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:43 am
Location: sitting next to a yandere loli
Contact:

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk III

Post by Kuruni » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:47 pm

yazi88 wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:17 pm
Yeah. Ein's brain was removed in the 1st place for the Graze Ein and somewhat recovered for the Vidar, this theory of Shino's mind in the AV system thing is way too out there to be even considered remotely plausible.
His body was still in the cockpit of Graze Ein (we see few shot of it), although it doesn't react in anyway I suspect that his brain was atill fully functional then.
My girlfriend was a loli.

domino
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:37 pm

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk III

Post by domino » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:58 pm

Kuruni wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:47 pm
yazi88 wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:17 pm
Yeah. Ein's brain was removed in the 1st place for the Graze Ein and somewhat recovered for the Vidar, this theory of Shino's mind in the AV system thing is way too out there to be even considered remotely plausible.
His body was still in the cockpit of Graze Ein (we see few shot of it), although it doesn't react in anyway I suspect that his brain was atill fully functional then.
Yeah Ein was still "human" at that point however with only half of his body remaining, it was clear that he couldn't survive outside of the Graze Custom he was attached to - unless they tried to make him into a cyborg (don't know if that tech exists - I was half hoping that Vidar was one)

Ein was quite a sad story when we think about it

Shino's death is still rather jarring and continues the second season's darker tone. In the first season there were close calls but very few people actually died. This time around.....

User avatar
X_zoro
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:01 am

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk III

Post by X_zoro » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:15 am

^ one thing is for sure after Shino's death the body count won't stop more and more of Tekkaden members gonna die, it also looks like this Final battle might last for the next 5 episodes judging from the PV.

User avatar
Loop_Stratos
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:52 am
Location: In another galaxy

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk III

Post by Loop_Stratos » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:17 am

X_zoro wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:40 pm
domino wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:07 pm
Even with an upgrade, Hush doesn't have the combat experience and has the distinct disadvantage of no AV
I can understand him losing to AV pilots, I get that but regular Pilots ? its been more then six months right ? he should be good enough to handle regular Grazes rather then have Mika save him from them, is his going to be like this all the way until the end ? I would find that pretty dumb if that was the case.
He lost to a better MS with a potentially better pilot. I don't blame Hush.
IMO

This is just a block of text. Move on.

User avatar
X_zoro
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:01 am

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk III

Post by X_zoro » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:15 am

Loop_Stratos wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:17 am
X_zoro wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:40 pm
domino wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:07 pm
Even with an upgrade, Hush doesn't have the combat experience and has the distinct disadvantage of no AV
I can understand him losing to AV pilots, I get that but regular Pilots ? its been more then six months right ? he should be good enough to handle regular Grazes rather then have Mika save him from them, is his going to be like this all the way until the end ? I would find that pretty dumb if that was the case.
He lost to a better MS with a potentially better pilot. I don't blame Hush.
I just want him to prove himself to the other Tekkadan characters, that all his hard work was worth it

I was not the only who had grin when they saw this scene ?

Code: Select all

https://youtu.be/r75BrCceYbE?t=1002
While the other members where a sleep Hush is training his ass off so he doesn't hold mika and others back, I legit believed at some point in the show he was going to do something bad ass, like Ride did during the Hashmal episodes, but as of this moment, all he got was his ass kicked and have Mika save him and its something, I don't think any of us want to see when we see a pilot train his/her ass off, since we seen other gundam shows characters like Hush start out with no skill but ended up become a one of the best pilots in their series.

domino
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:37 pm

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk III

Post by domino » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:15 am

Given how much you're focusing on it, I rewatched the scene and I'm surprised you're so upset

That Graze was from Julietta's team which was clearly what Rustal was depending on to take down the mobile suit forces until the Dainslef shots were ready. Those guys are obviously elite pilots. Also Mika saved Hush from Julietta who even give him a hard time!

I like that Hush isn't somehow better than every other battle-hardened pilot around him. He has gained skills and vastly improved from his first sortie but let's not hope for a Gundam SEED-like evolution of his skills.....

User avatar
Amion
Posts: 2165
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:43 pm

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk III

Post by Amion » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:27 pm

Dark Duel wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:56 pm
Now, the Flauros retaining some of Shino's consciousness. We already had that happen with Ein. Why not? Ryuu-Shin-Go, anyone? :mrgreen:
I get what you're going for - something like what happened with Marion Welch and the EXAM System in Blue Destiny. But IMO, the Ein comparison doesn't work because it's not the same thing. It's not that Ein's consciousness was absorbed or integrated directly into a particular mobile suit. It's literally that his physical brain was removed and installed in a tech-based support system - more like the dolphin brain sonar in GX
Whoops, you're right. But I still think "something" of a personality imprint could be left, you know? Like in Wing, if I recall, the two prototype suits Trowa and Heero piloted had OS' based off their combat data, didn't they? I can't remember. Heck, there's precedent from Mobile Suit Gundam, where the RX-78 hadi ts computer trained with Amuro to the point it could move on its own. I think what I'm getting at is a "piece" of Shino's preferences might be left on the machine, such as the tacky (but somewhat creepy and heartwarming) possibility for the Flauros to keep the Ryuusei-Go IV name should someone try to delete it. I could see some kind of AV backflow whereby the machine takes on quirks in its OS that don't really alter its functionality but are recognizable as trace preferences.

I think I agree that Shino was nowhere near synchronized enough, unless the Gundams specifically have some kind of special mental upload feature to keep pilots alive even if, say, a Mobile Armor compromised their flesh component. That might explain why the cockpits of the Gundams so far have been shown empty, although I doubt this personally, it does seem logical from an anti-Armor perspective.

Now, Mika is a TOTALLY different story. I could easily see him, in a mortally wounded state, to just say heck with it and order the Rex to eat him so he could keep fighting. I'd say he's conjoined enough with his metal half for such a scenario to play out, worst come.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.

User avatar
AmuroNT1
Posts: 3691
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:41 am
Location: Atlanta, GA
Contact:

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk III

Post by AmuroNT1 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:02 pm

Amion wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:27 pm
Whoops, you're right. But I still think "something" of a personality imprint could be left, you know? Like in Wing, if I recall, the two prototype suits Trowa and Heero piloted had OS' based off their combat data, didn't they?
That was just combat data though, not like they scanned the boys' brains. After Colony didn't have any technology really similar to the AV System.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power

User avatar
yazi88
Moderator
Posts: 1361
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:53 am
Location: Scopedog Bed

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk III

Post by yazi88 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:45 pm

AmuroNT1 is right, plus it was just combat data input on a already existing Mobile Doll system. In IBO A.I is extremely taboo because of the mobile armors. Something similar also happened in Crossbone Gundam with the Amakusa having Amuro's battle data used for combat with its AI system.

User avatar
Amion
Posts: 2165
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:43 pm

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk III

Post by Amion » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:21 pm

AmuroNT1 wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:02 pm
Amion wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:27 pm
Whoops, you're right. But I still think "something" of a personality imprint could be left, you know? Like in Wing, if I recall, the two prototype suits Trowa and Heero piloted had OS' based off their combat data, didn't they?
That was just combat data though, not like they scanned the boys' brains. After Colony didn't have any technology really similar to the AV System.
Exactly, combat data. There's wriggle room for quirky elements to slip in.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.

User avatar
AmuroNT1
Posts: 3691
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:41 am
Location: Atlanta, GA
Contact:

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk III

Post by AmuroNT1 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:24 pm

There's a big difference between one's combat data and their personality, though.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power

User avatar
Outlaw
Posts: 808
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:51 am
Location: Washington

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk III

Post by Outlaw » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:17 am

Am I the only one wondering if we're ever going to see Orga use his custom Shiden? At this point I'm assuming it was only shown to plug the options set.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."

User avatar
Dark Duel
Posts: 4763
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:39 pm
Location: A blue City in a red State

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk III

Post by Dark Duel » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:04 am

No, I've been wondering what the heck happened to that thing. It's unusual that it seems to have fallen into a plot hole and disappeared after its sole appearance, and I for one would kind of like to see it deployed at least once.
On the other hand, if it does end up appearing, I for one am expecting it to end tragically for Orga.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS
// GUNPLA THREAD //

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."

User avatar
Amion
Posts: 2165
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:43 pm

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk III

Post by Amion » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:09 pm

Yes! The Shiden! I keep forgetting about it. It never even made an OP appearance. What is with that? At this point I'm all but expecting it to be a white coffin. Which... sounds disturbingly like a future trope setter... oh dear. Especially since he has white hair...
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.

domino
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:37 pm

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk III

Post by domino » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:44 pm

Outlaw wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:17 am
Am I the only one wondering if we're ever going to see Orga use his custom Shiden? At this point I'm assuming it was only shown to plug the options set.
I'm sure Orga will only pilot it in a moment of absolute desperation.....that would probably only happen if Tekkadan lost (or is about to lose) its remaining ship....

Locked