The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk III

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
X_zoro

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk III

yazi88 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:18 pm I'm not sure what rivalry people are talking about here with Gaileo's conflict with Mika in season 1... Gaileo was doing his job and also held prejudice and looked down on people on Mars... Ein being the only exception... The big development here is that either Gaileo put that prejudice behind him with Mika or McGillis takes priority over everything... I'm guessing Gaileo probably wised up after lots of reflecting at how much of a jerk he was being especially being with Ein with looking down on people from Mars.

I doubt he really is mad at Mika despite him killing Gjharrhorn soldiers and Mika was the one who killed Carta but McGillis was the one who iniated it. These things happen on the battlefield with Mika, and Gjarrhorn were the ones who attacked Tekkadan everytime aside from the final battle at Edmonton in season 1.
I never said there was a rivalry, but there defiantly a lot of Hate Gaileo should be feeling, not because of the AV but because of what Mika did, I mean the apology was very good , but he really should have add "but that doesn't change who you are, my rage won't disappear unless I make you feel what I feel" but like you said this is war , but I was under the impression because this is a show about revenge, then Gaileo's hating Mika should be just as much as McGillis, Yeah its McGillis who is behind it all, I understand that but that doesn't change the fact Mika is the one who pulled the trigger, I and I'm not saying this because I hate the guy or anything , I loved him in season 1 ( Barbatos is my avatar ) but now the guy needs Character development, and the show created a situation where one actually has a reason to hate and kill the other, while at the same time Mika doesn't understand all this hate because in his eye his just doing hist job, until something like this Happens for Mika https://youtu.be/sUVYbyOlczs?t=1165 BAM we go full circle in the Theme of Revenge that IBO has build on, and then the question became should Mika get Revenge for Hush who was Killed by Gaileo or should he be the one who ends that Chain ? heck it could be Orga's Turn who a scene like this to happen https://youtu.be/8WVoQyBu-cU?t=1228 This time Its Orga who asks Mika "Why are you stopping now ? Mika ? I know you don't want to hear this but the reality is Hush is dead and he isn't coming back and you can stay here and feel sorry for yourself or you can help me and find the place we belong " and it doesn't help the OP hinted at that https://youtu.be/z0nRk08GCzE?t=19 I mean why is Orga picking up Mika ? I thought it was hush that dose that, unless he was killed Protecting Mika ? but again this was what I thought was going to happen and while we got was good it wasn't as good as I hoped.
Last edited by X_zoro on Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:39 am, edited 4 times in total.
phillosmaster

Tekkadan's role in this is the same as it's always been. They are tools like you said. That's been a reoccurring theme in the series. I'm wondering if that is going to tie into their final arc for the series. Ever since they sold themselves to Teiwaz and then allied with Mcgillis they've pretty much just been at the mercy of the other factions. Even before that they were working toward Kudelia's ideal. It felt like the altruism was coincidental. IIRC Orga most talked about how they needed Kudelia's funding in the first season to keep them afloat and without it they would need to shut down Tekkadan. I find Tekkedan as our main POV faction interesting. They are mercenary. Orga has never really dressed it up at all. They are fighting for money and power. When they attacked Jasley it struck me as a rare moment where Tekkadan made a move out of principal. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the vibe I get from the series so far.
Last edited by phillosmaster on Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Even as we speak, the stealth bombers of the Brotherhood of Dada are swooping silently overhead. They’re using stealth bombs which level whole cities without even the slightest trace of noise or damage. Nothing remains of the world you knew and still you stand in the ruins, acting as if nothing has changed.
X_zoro

I had to edit a little, but I hope that helps, what i'm trying to say when it comes to Tekkadan or Mika for that matter, I just feel like there was miss opportunity for Mika's character that would have been soooo Good.
yazi88

Tekkadan's role was always mercenaries/hired guns in the 1st place, they are taking a central role now with McGillis's rebellion most because of their combat strength and experience. They aren't idealistic or fighting a war because they have to compared to other Gundam shows. They are fighting to get a better position so they can be better off rather than protect their homes/loved ones or end a war because it's what they think they should do. Its a different narrative compared to the protagonists groups of other Gundam shows.

I'm actually curious if Mika's fatalistic attitude at his current physical situation will change by the end of the series... the plotline of his subconscious acting up of his shaking hands after he killed Kudal after he was told he loved killing was dropped and never mentioned again. Mika's self worth is very poor and I think either Kudelia or Atra have to intervene to convince him to have something to look forward to after the fighting is done. But Mika sees it that he is only useful at fighting, cause that is the only thing he knows how to do.

Unlike Setsuna and Heero, Mika was left on his own on the brutal streets of Mars and only had Orga to rely on, he didn't have anything resembling a normal relationship or upbringing. He has been damaged goods for a long time since he first killed a guy with Orga watching as a kid. Setsuna, despite his PTSDs, supposedly got education and cared for and Heero had his teacher/father to raise him albeit trained as a killer too. Mika had none of that.

While yes I'm annoyed at the lack of development on Mika's end, unlike season 1, in this season we see how Mika's fatalism is going to be the end of him... Even Orga knows it too along with Kudelia and Atra.
X_zoro

yazi88 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:59 amWhile yes I'm annoyed at the lack of development on Mika's end, unlike season 1, in this season we see how Mika's fatalism is going to be the end of him... Even Orga knows it too along with Kudelia and Atra.
Its why like other people , I'm holding on the theory Hush was created to give him Character development, I mean his been with him like glue since the start of this season, its why I agree with the guys here who say Hush is Mika's Biscuit, once he lose him, its Orga's job to pick him right back up again, like what Mika did for him and makes their relationship that much stronger ( I really hope that what the writers are doing )
yazi88

That is putting too much faith on a trope that doesn't always happen especially on making Hush exist primarily as a death motivator as his main focus... Mika hasn't known Hush for that long and its more of a one sided relationship with Hush being attached to Mika rather than the other way around. Sure Mika might get upset if Hush dies but I doubt he's going to have the same reaction as Orga to biscuit... Mika will just get more pissed and fight harder, not be driven to despair unless Orga, Atra or Kudelia dies. And I highly highly doubt its going to happen to the Atra or Kudelia. Orga? Possibly.
phillosmaster

Despair coming from Mika sounds strange. I mean if he was ever going to despair you'd think he would have done it before now. It would have to be Orga dead to really phase Mika IMO. I mean he's the only person that Mika is truly anchored to right now. I doubt Hush getting killed would phase him all that much unless something changes in the next few episodes. I think Hush is just suppose to give us another reaction to Mika as a character. I sort of assumed Mika would die before the end, and what Mika ultimately meant to Hush might be something that is explored at the end. At least if I was writing this that's how I'd take it. I think it works much better that way.
Even as we speak, the stealth bombers of the Brotherhood of Dada are swooping silently overhead. They’re using stealth bombs which level whole cities without even the slightest trace of noise or damage. Nothing remains of the world you knew and still you stand in the ruins, acting as if nothing has changed.
X_zoro

yazi88 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:20 am That is putting too much faith on a trope that doesn't always happen especially on making Hush exist primarily as a death motivator as his main focus... Mika hasn't known Hush for that long and its more of a one sided relationship with Hush being attached to Mika rather than the other way around. Sure Mika might get upset if Hush dies but I doubt he's going to have the same reaction as Orga to biscuit... Mika will just get more pissed and fight harder, not be driven to despair unless Orga, Atra or Kudelia dies. And I highly highly doubt its going to happen to the Atra or Kudelia. Orga? Possibly.
You know the old saying " you don't know what you have until its gone" this might sound strange but I would argue Mika might actually care for Hush, but he doesn't know it himself remember when Mika keep saying he finds Hush annoying ? to the Viewer it might sound like what Mika is saying at face value but I would say there is more to it then that, he feels annoyed because his never had anyone under him before so Hush following around is something he might actually like but he doesn't understand, remember what you said Yazi ? Mika grow up in a very bad environment, so he never understood the meaning of having a close friend, his only ever had Orga in his life until Hush came along most of time His been fighting battles on his own, now he has hush who follows him around in battle looking out for him something his never really done since his always just been fighting, heck he could asked anyone to carry him but he makes Hush do it why is that ? I'm convinced he actually dose care for hush but isn't as clear as how Hush showsit, that why I'm saying as soon as he dies Mika is pretty much gone lose himself and
realize that Hush was important to him and its gonna be Orga ( his brother ) to get him back on track.

@phillosmaster I'm just looking at it from a psychological point of view, you have to look at how Mika acts around him and think deeper into it.

Again that just how I see things and if it doesn't happen oh well, it was a nice prediction ;)
yazi88

Based on what we have seen in the show so far, while yes Hush dying will upset Mika, aside from Orga dying you will not get much grief or outburst reaction from Mika. Mika is very low-key, even when Aston died he had a solemn look, in the case of Biscuit he got pretty upset but unlike other Gundam protagonists, Mika has a silent and rare rage, he doesn't scream or yell even in combat, aside from a couple of comments in battle he doesn't yap to his enemies either. I doubt Hush's death will be the catalyst for the development people are yearning for from Mika. Some of the other Tekkadan pilots that Mika has known for quite a long time they will have more of a effect on Mika, compared to Hush who has been with Tekkadan for a couple of months now.
X_zoro

yazi88 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:07 am Based on what we have seen in the show so far, while yes Hush dying will upset Mika, aside from Orga dying you will not get much grief or outburst reaction from Mika. Mika is very low-key, even when Aston died he had a solemn look, in the case of Biscuit he got pretty upset but unlike other Gundam protagonists, Mika has a silent and rare rage, he doesn't scream or yell even in combat, aside from a couple of comments in battle he doesn't yap to his enemies either. I doubt Hush's death will be the catalyst for the development people are yearning for from Mika. Some of the other Tekkadan pilots that Mika has known for quite a long time they will have more of a effect on Mika, compared to Hush who has been with Tekkadan for a couple of months now.
Oh I never said he would scream or anything but unlike with Aston Hush has been hanging around him for a while, I'm just saying he was too used to having him around so he will just lose all motivation pilot Barabtaos, which is why I think Orga will come in and set him straight, I think Orga and Mika will die together at the end, but before that happens that have to at least have one last scene together as bros and that Orga giving Mika, motivation to fight Vidar one last time.
domino

Mika sees himself as a weapon....more specifically Orga's weapon (though he did ask McGillis for permission - but that was after Orga gave him an order to standby)

There's NOTHING in Mika's character that would point to him not wanting to pilot the Gundam. Losing Biscuit and Naze's crew didn't faze him that way. Mika will always fight on and has always been more committed to seeing it through than even Orga - the series hammered this home when Mika said he won't let Orga apologize for his current physical state.

Your Mika x Hush theory is very weak and is hanging by a few threads - Hush carrying Mika around and Mika saving Hush that one time.
domino

yazi88 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:36 pm I'm not sure if Vidar actually got the AV implant.... it seemed to be cybernetics on his arm to connect to the Ein AV system. Cause he's not controlling the machine.
Not sure what you mean. It clearly showed that he connects with Ein via an implant in the back of his neck
Shinji_Shinigami

The doubt of Tekkadan, that only Bael is Mcgillis powerplay, is in my opinion justified. I mean, sure it is a symbol. But to whom? Who would truly follow? and unless that thing has some sort of super weapon built in, i highly doubt, that one Gundam, no matter how well preserved (i believe it is the first and formost sole Gundam, that is preserved in its original state, or did i miss something?) will change anything. Most people would not know or care for what that Mobile suit would represent. So he better have something else in his sleeves. Nontheless, that Episode screemed Civil war all over. So i suppose we have the two parties of Gjallahorn that will fight and Tekkadan in the middle. Still wonder how this all will play out. Almost feels like one of the old tales, where a happy ending was considered an ending, were everyone dies......
SNT1

X_zoro wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:16 am Oh I never said he would scream or anything but unlike with Aston Hush has been hanging around him for a while, I'm just saying he was too used to having him around so he will just lose all motivation pilot Barabtaos,
This sounds like lousy fanfiction tbh, I don't think even Atra getting killed would cause Mika to 'lose all motivation' (he never has), in fact he just might take out half of Gjallahorn in a silent berserker rage if that ever happens. I don't think he'll react as significantly if he loses his human wheelchair
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Kuruni

Yeah. I agree that the only death that can make Mika loss his will to fight would be Orga's. Otherwise he'll just smash the target, even if it mean he will loss another limb in process.
My girlfriend was a loli.
X_zoro

Thats totally fine, I still hold strong my belief, that Hush is Mika's own Ein/Biscuit character and his death will effect him like it did Orga and Gaelio, heck it just means if it dose happen, I'll probably be the only person who isn't shocked by the out come. ( it only takes a few months to really know someone)
Last edited by X_zoro on Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
YokozunaBulldozer

So Gaelio has gone Exo-squad + EXAM in a sense.
Gundam Bael looks like somebody put 1.5, Transient, and Hi-Nu in a blender and made a mix juice out of them.
I do like the color scheme and the design.
What I need next is a showdown between it and the Barbatos Lupus Rex.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
tHeWasTeDYouTh

this show is getting really good but something I noticed (don't know if you guys mentioned it a long time ago) but the map of the Earth shows Australia having a giant crater like in UC gundam!!!
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

Hmmm Mcgillis was abused as a child....proceeds to have a child bride. :shock: Also, doesn't this mean that Mcgillis is an Iron Blooded Orphan too?

No matter what, rewatching season 1 is going to be a very different experience now.

Also I have been meaning to mention this for a WHILE now (been out of the loop so if this was mentioned before, sorry): This was shown a lot more in season one but what was going on with Yamagi and Shino? I watched some of the dub episodes and their relationship seems a little odd. Basically I was getting the impression that Yamagi has a thing for Shino. I think there has been only a few scenes with the two of them interacting this season, but in season one it stood out to me.

Perhaps I am just reading too much into it, but there are a few scenes here or there that seem to indicate this. Anyone else get this impression or am I going insane?
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
AmuroNT1

ANN's reviewer also suggested that the "Iron-Blooded Orphans" in the title might be referring to McGillis as well as the members of Tekkadan. Personally I think it makes him less likely to betray them because they're kindred spirits, and if anything he'd rather have someone with a similar mindset in charge of Mars.

As for Yamagi, it seems pretty certain that he's got feelings for Shino. And Shino, well, the staff pretty well confirmed that he's bisexual on the radio show, where it was said that "Shino doesn't really care either way, and since he doesn't really draw the line anywhere, he could agree to pretty much anything." I think it's just a question of if/when Yamagi will speak up and say anything, or if that'll go by the wayside for whatever reason.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power