The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk III

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
X_zoro

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk

Amion wrote:Yeah, someone on another board hearkened Hashmal to an evolution of the pokemon Skarmory, and I just had to use it once. That was just so right a comparison.

That said, I do believe we get this split-second point where it seems like Mika scores a blow on the legs. If so, it was a brilliant stroke of basic strategy.

Oh, and I must admit I don't like what I've seen of the Bael Gundam's back. The wings look funny. But we shall see...
Actually your spot on Barbatos did attack one of the legs and that why it couldn't move the way it wanted as for the fight itself ? I think its meant to be a battle of despair your meant to feel disappointed or disgusted on what Mika has become i.e an animal who only seeks to destroy itself ( the ost played a big part in that fight ) Mika has lost so many brothers that his actually changed remember episode 1 ? he had more emotion before he pilot Barbatos and even episode 2 he had regret for letting Crank and Ein get away the more Mika use Barbatos the more his losing his own emotions.
YokozunaBulldozer

This week's episode proved to me that Helmwige Reincar is a high-end scabbard. :mrgreen:
But still I love the suit.
And now that we get the Raiden-Go I expect an eager modeler to paint the Flauros in that color soon.
Overall great that they pulled through but I am worried Mika will cease to function at this rate.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Kuruni

Amion wrote:Oh, and I must admit I don't like what I've seen of the Bael Gundam's back. The wings look funny. But we shall see...
IMHO, the wings look Freedom, if Freedom has gigantic blades instead of cannons as wings.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Amion

You know, I was trying to articulate how I felt about the Helmwige myself. High-end scabbard. Now that sounds like a TV Trope. Or is it already? And no, I am NOT stupid enough to go check...

Well, Kuruni, I thought they looked more like the Graze custom Chocky was using back in S1. They don't look like they form angel wings. If they do, kudos to the designers, but it feels more like the blocky and chunky Graze units. Edit: Blades? :|

So far, on the topic of esthetics, I believe the Reusei-Go IV (Is that correct :? ) is the coolest of Tekkadan's Gundams. Its transformation is awesome, and it has a great, fleshed-out, full-grown design. The Gusion Full City is drawn oddly most of the time, and to be honest I preferred its quirky turtle form more. But then, few things can compare to the deadly grace of the Vidar or the fires of Hashmal, Skarmory's daydream evolution. :twisted:
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
SNT1

The Gusion Full City is drawn oddly most of the time, and to be honest I preferred its quirky turtle form more.
The entire thing is odd, from its odd proportions, whether in battle or in a standing pose in gunpla form, right down to it's name. However I can't conclude it to be an ugly unit just yet :lol:
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Dark Duel

Amion wrote:You know, I was trying to articulate how I felt about the Helmwige myself. High-end scabbard. Now that sounds like a TV Trope. Or is it already? And no, I am NOT stupid enough to go check...
A quick cursory search yields no matching results, so it apparently isn't - at least not under that name.
Amion wrote:Well, Kuruni, I thought they looked more like the Graze custom Chocky was using back in S1. They don't look like they form angel wings. If they do, kudos to the designers, but it feels more like the blocky and chunky Graze units.
Personally, looking at Bael's backpack, it reminds me more of the 1.5 Gundam's binders than anything else.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Amion

Dark Duel wrote:
Amion wrote:You know, I was trying to articulate how I felt about the Helmwige myself. High-end scabbard. Now that sounds like a TV Trope. Or is it already? And no, I am NOT stupid enough to go check...
A quick cursory search yields no matching results, so it apparently isn't - at least not under that name.
Amion wrote:Well, Kuruni, I thought they looked more like the Graze custom Chocky was using back in S1. They don't look like they form angel wings. If they do, kudos to the designers, but it feels more like the blocky and chunky Graze units.
Personally, looking at Bael's backpack, it reminds me more of the 1.5 Gundam's binders than anything else.
Hmm, not a fan of that Gundam's binders either. We'll see. So long as it holds a battle royal with the Vidar and Barbatos, I won't complain. Hmm, I wonder, will we see any other families use their Gundams?

Wait... until now I always thought the Bael belonged to the Fareeds. But now I bet the Bael belongs to the Issue Household. :shock: that would explain one reason for offing Carta, her family won the most Orders back in the day. Partially attributed to their Gundam? It would make more sense in a somewhat shallow way, or perhaps because of info we don't have, for Chocky to want that Gundam instead of the Fareed's.
AmuroNT1

I was a bit amused by the fact that they've announced a Premium Bandai release for Iok's Reginlaze, which is Julietta's Reginlaze in different plastic colors with the long-range railcannon from MS Option Set 7 in place of the twin piles. Unless Iok is really popular in Japan, I can't see this selling very well.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
mobiusdiablo

@Amion - can confirm on rewatching; Mika attacks Hashmal's legs and rips pieces off, not once, but twice. That could stand to explain the loss of the MA's mobility.

And well, later in that fight, it DID jump on him, forcing Mika to ditch the right arm (though at that point it was little more than a stump anyway.
From 00 S2 ep 25

Tieria: As long as you keep looking down on them, you'll never understand them!
Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!
Amion

mobiusdiablo wrote:@Amion - can confirm on rewatching; Mika attacks Hashmal's legs and rips pieces off, not once, but twice. That could stand to explain the loss of the MA's mobility.

And well, later in that fight, it DID jump on him, forcing Mika to ditch the right arm (though at that point it was little more than a stump anyway.
Good to hear. But I would have preferred the legs be ripped off while they were both in motion... Oh well, can't have everything in life. :mrgreen: And the fight was still intense. A rewatch will be enjoyed.

Oh wow, Iok has a premium gunpla? :P Well, I do admit having a soft spot for the Ragenlaze. I always thought it looked really cool. Who cares who happens to be piloting it? It's just a mecha after all. It can't help if a parasite has wriggled into it.

Having said that, anyone here wonder if the Kujan Family Gundam might make an appearance? Why were these super-relics ignored so much? Galileo seemed to be the only one who took immediate advantage of his family's MS-killer.
Kuruni

Well, Iok's Reginlaze would make great diorama. Place it somewhere in front of rampaging Hashmal, and voila, whoever look at the kits will have comedic vibe in what could be serious and tense scene.
My girlfriend was a loli.
iguanaman8989

They did the same thing with Gaelio's Schwalbe Graze. Just a recolor of McGillis's unit with the lance frame from the first addon pack.

It's probably less about the character being super special/popular and more about not wanting to flood the market with recolored kits (Destiny's 1/100 ZAKU Warriors would be a great example of what they are likely trying to avoid. Heine's ZAKU, which never showed up in the series got a release, while they never released Yzak or Dearka's.)
SonicSP

I just want a HG Rodi kit that isn't the original, which is really ugly to me. The rest of the designs though are pretty beautiful especially the Spinner Rodi.
zerogradius

I wonder if there will be a third season for Iron Blooded Orphans. This far in, we should at least get a glimpse of what the end game scenario will be. Right now, the show is just going through the motions. I suspect the ending for this season will leave the possibility open for another one.
zetatype

zerogradius wrote:I wonder if there will be a third season for Iron Blooded Orphans. This far in, we should at least get a glimpse of what the end game scenario will be. Right now, the show is just going through the motions. I suspect the ending for this season will leave the possibility open for another one.
I'm gonna say it's unlikely because Sunrise generally does not go beyond 50 episodes/4 cours for AUs. SEED is the exception, but it was the most commercially successful AU by a wide margin an possibly more successful than any single UC series during its initial airing.

At best we might get an OVA series like Endless Waltz with Gundam Wing.
Amion

zerogradius wrote:I wonder if there will be a third season for Iron Blooded Orphans. This far in, we should at least get a glimpse of what the end game scenario will be. Right now, the show is just going through the motions. I suspect the ending for this season will leave the possibility open for another one.
Pipe dreams, I fear, that have nowhere to go but back down in that grease sink of Bundai's Gunpla thought-process, there to languish with the other dreams, like the Seed Movie, Crossbone and others...

Or has IBO been popular enough? If it's sales were good enough in Gunpla, sure they'd be willing. But the writing staff have their say, too. Are they pleased and enjoying their production enough for a sequel? Are there other assignments/anime they might be engaging in within the next few seasons? I'm sure that's just the tip of the iceberg of prerequisite production hurdles.

But let's say it is possible, how long would it take for us to hear about it? Two years or so, or pretty close? Build Fighters had a new season announced pretty fast, after all, and I'm sure "They" didn't think it would be as big a hit as it was.
Deathzealot

Didn't they announce IBO's Second Season after the end of the first? Therefore, if we do get a Third Season they may announce it after the end of the Second. Hopefully.
zetatype

Deathzealot wrote:Didn't they announce IBO's Second Season after the end of the first? Therefore, if we do get a Third Season they may announce it after the end of the Second. Hopefully.
Yeah s2 was announced right after the end of s1. So if by some incredible stroke of luck Sunrise does want to do a 3rd season we won't have offical confirmation until s2 ends.
SonicSP

Unfortunately, I suspect it's going to be either rushed or compressed.
SNT1

SonicSP wrote:
Unfortunately, I suspect it's going to be either rushed or compressed.
They should have ZERO non-combat, non-plot advancing, slice-of-life shit tier episode in which everyone who has had a voice actor has to have a speaking role and ZERO character episode focus about a shit tier character like Aston when he/she will be killed off in the next episode whie I still don't care about them.

If we just get awesome episodes like the Hashmal mini-arc from here until the finale, I think I won't be worried about a rushed conclusion.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/