The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk III

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Outlaw

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk

Chris wrote:1. He doesn't have enough evidence against McGillis, so publicly denouncing him might not be effective.
Add to that the fact that McGillis could just counter his accusations by implicating him in the corruption conspiracy. Gali-Gali is definitely working from a disadvantage, so going full Char isn't a bad plan.

One thing I like about IBO that I didn't realize until now though: ships actually kinda matter. We may not be getting spectacular B5 style ship battles but, it's nice to see them not getting casually curb stomped by mobile suits left, right, and center.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Amion

Heck, by the look of things, the ships did more of the heavy lifting in the Dawn Horizon battle.

And yes, there are reasons for Gali-Gali to go masked. The real question is whether Mackie and dear ol dad know he's really dead or not.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
X_zoro

Strike105 wrote:For some odd reason, with all the focus he's getting, I'm getting the vibe that S2 is trying to build up Hush to take over lead protag duties from Mika.

Mika's the first physically disabled main protagonist we've had in active duty as far as I'm aware, and since he's still using the same machine while also using the same method that eventually crippled him in the first place, there's a good chance that his condition will worsen to a point where he will either be rendered incapable of participating in combat anymore, or he will die. I don't really see this series ending without one of those outcomes.

Since Hush doesn't have, nor is he eligible to get traditional AV, he has the potential to build up his abilities and become a skilled pilot without running the risk of dealing with the negative effects of the AV like Mika currently is. I feel that eventually, he will surpass Mika in one way or another, or at the very least, he will be able to pick up the slack and finish whatever objective that Mika may fail.

Of course, we'll have to wait and see, but that's the vibe I'm getting.
That actually feels like that, if that what their going for then I need to hear Neo's thoughts on this, it could very well be a first for the Gundam Franchise as a hole
Brave Fencer Kirby

The thing is, Gaelio doesn't even have to accuse McGillis of anything to screw up his plans. McGillis' plan relies on being the de facto head of three of the Seven Stars -- if Gaelio is known to have survived, then he's the rightful leader of the Bauduin family, and that along torpedos McGillis' plan. Plus whatever else he can do against McGillis as head of one of the Seven Stars rather than some anonymous jackass with a powerful mecha.
Fighting evil so you don't have to!
Amion

Clearly Galileo is genre savvy and understands that powerful mecha are what advance the plot and, by extension, his plans.
zetatype

Brave Fencer Kirby wrote:The thing is, Gaelio doesn't even have to accuse McGillis of anything to screw up his plans. McGillis' plan relies on being the de facto head of three of the Seven Stars -- if Gaelio is known to have survived, then he's the rightful leader of the Bauduin family, and that along torpedos McGillis' plan. Plus whatever else he can do against McGillis as head of one of the Seven Stars rather than some anonymous jackass with a powerful mecha.
Here's the way I see it. Publicly declaring himself alive doesn't stop Mcgillis from trying to make another attempt on his life in the future and taking control of his household.. Plus Mcgillis might use Gaelio's little sister aganist him if he finds out he is still alive. By pretending to be dead he has the element of surprise and by allying himself with Rustal he has the resources he needs.
X_zoro

I'm kinda shocked no one is bring up the fact that Hush could be the new MC in the second half given how things are looking right now, Mika is setting him up to take Barbatos lupus

( or the new Ver that we will get in the second half)
Amion

I think Hush be destined for that new Gundam Frame they unearthed. And so far as I can tell, Hush is definitely getting lots of nice focus.

Truth be told, I just don't expect much from this season anymore. They're playing a low-key story without significant development for the most part, so I'm kind of taking things in stride and see where this all ends up. I'll probably enjoy it more for that. Hopefully a few of the theories on here are going to get something in the way of proven, or at least paralleled.

I do like that concept of Mika dying or being reduced to a supporting role. Slowly and with proper transition.

As for everything else, well, we'll see what Vida-Vida has in store for Macky. May the best Char-clone win.
yazi88

I highly doubt Hush will be a pilot of a Gundam frame, Shino will get the new Gundam, given his experience, command, and also the AV system that he can put from his current Shiden to the new unit. If anything Hush will get a Shiden unit. Although I wonder if anyone would get Shino's Shiden and color it differently.

And so far it also seems unlikely that Mika would move on to another Gundam, in this world all the Gundams are just as strong as they share the same frame, sure the outer armor and weapons can make a bit of a difference but in the end it depends on the pilot, and given that Mika has 3 implants he'll be strong in any Gundam with the AV system, but that the Barbatos is tuned to his specs and reaction time.

I don't see any indication that Hush is going to take over the protagonist role or a major main character, if anything he could end up a strong support character in the future. Sure he's got a bit of a tragic past but so do most of the other Tekkadan boys.
Kuruni

I do have feeling that Hush might become main character, although I think (or rather, wish) he'll be more of second protagonist than completely replacing Mika. Just like Tobia in Crossbone Gundam. Because Mika deserve a happy ending of living a quiet life with Atra and Kudelia even if he preobaly has full cybernetic right arm by then...just like Seabook.
My girlfriend was a loli.
X_zoro

yazi88 wrote:I highly doubt Hush will be a pilot of a Gundam frame, Shino will get the new Gundam, given his experience, command, and also the AV system that he can put from his current Shiden to the new unit. If anything Hush will get a Shiden unit. Although I wonder if anyone would get Shino's Shiden and color it differently.

And so far it also seems unlikely that Mika would move on to another Gundam, in this world all the Gundams are just as strong as they share the same frame, sure the outer armor and weapons can make a bit of a difference but in the end it depends on the pilot, and given that Mika has 3 implants he'll be strong in any Gundam with the AV system, but that the Barbatos is tuned to his specs and reaction time.

I don't see any indication that Hush is going to take over the protagonist role or a major main character, if anything he could end up a strong support character in the future. Sure he's got a bit of a tragic past but so do most of the other Tekkadan boys.
Once again Yazi88 you bring us words of wisdom and I agree with most of what you said but If mika dose die wouldn't Hush be the pilot for what ever new ver of the Barbatos ? ( what ever comes after lupus) since it is the main Gundam and all
Chris
Administrator

Brave Fencer Kirby wrote:The thing is, Gaelio doesn't even have to accuse McGillis of anything to screw up his plans. McGillis' plan relies on being the de facto head of three of the Seven Stars -- if Gaelio is known to have survived, then he's the rightful leader of the Bauduin family, and that along torpedos McGillis' plan. Plus whatever else he can do against McGillis as head of one of the Seven Stars rather than some anonymous jackass with a powerful mecha.
Nope, he's not the head of the family. One of the old timers at the Seven Stars meeting in episode 26 is his father, so Gaelio is not in a position of power yet.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Amion

Which does beg the question as to how much Gali-Gali's father cares about his son. He looks rather nonchalant in his appearance, and had apparently no qualms about marrying his ninish something year old daughter to a man *almost* old enough to be her father, and whom also failed to protect his brother-in-law-to-be. (Though perhaps McGillis wasn't even supposed to be near the battle, and thus wouldn't be held responsible?)

I'm better the head of the Bauduin household doesn't really care, and thus isn't the type to collude with his son over destroying Mackie. That, or he's got a good poker face and is just smiling at McGillis because he knows he and his son have the schemer by his hair curls, and can check him at every move if they so choose.
Brave Fencer Kirby

Chris wrote:Nope, he's not the head of the family. One of the old timers at the Seven Stars meeting in episode 26 is his father, so Gaelio is not in a position of power yet.
Huh, I missed that. Then what was even the point of trying to kill Gaelio, if it didn't mean that control of the Bauduin family fell to him?
Fighting evil so you don't have to!
YokozunaBulldozer

So Hush, Arthurian Legend or Saji clone?
What do you guys think?
Last edited by YokozunaBulldozer on Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Amion

Brave Fencer Kirby wrote:
Chris wrote:Nope, he's not the head of the family. One of the old timers at the Seven Stars meeting in episode 26 is his father, so Gaelio is not in a position of power yet.
Huh, I missed that. Then what was even the point of trying to kill Gaelio, if it didn't mean that control of the Bauduin family fell to him?
Because Papa Bauduin has a biological clock ticking. He has to kick the bucket eventually. When that happens, the male heir to the family will assume all titles and.. *pauses in mock surprise* why, that would be McGillis!

Of course, there's also that saying, "like father like son", if you know what I mean... should Macky get tired of waiting for that sad day when his father in law must depart.
Kuruni

YokozunaBulldozer wrote:So Hush, Arthurian Legend or Saji clone?
What do you guys think?
As noted before, I hope he'll be more of Asemu.
Amion

(Insert Kotomine Kirei from Fate Zero) "Rejoice!"

War is upon us, and this episode focused on characterization, the one I've been waiting for a while now. I feel it did a good job swiftly developing certain characters at the Earth Branch. If only we had more like this in S1, this series would be radically superior. Hopefully this is a good sign of the writers picking up their game.

That said, the scene with the butterfly-eater and Vida-Vida was a very nice touch. It humanized her from my initial gut impression of a witless Hiling Care. Perhaps she is in the same vein, but there's clearly more humanistic emotion to her. It should be clear Vidar senses Ein in her. If only I could remember her name...

Well, to Earth we go. Again. This time, however, it looks like things are going to heat up faster than in S1.

On a negative note, I do personally find it highly ridiculous that Takaki didn't secretly contact Orga. Are we led to believe Mr. Snake was basically living in that communications room? But surely there's other means, especially if he's in charge with Chad out of the picture. It just feels unusually stupid of him. Everyone BUT him refuses to trust Mr. Snake, so why must the one guy who should be doing something about it? Takaki's in charge, supposedly, after Chad's removal, but it's clearly not him running the show.
Kuruni

Ok, this take me by surprise. Because of S1 pacing, I thought this one will be mostly breather. But the new threat kick-in midway of it and the rest of his episode is choking you with tension.
Spoiler
With superiors who's just betray them, and fact that they can't count on Mika for some time. Takaki's life is really at steak. I really wish we'll see how Teiwaz punish their traitor by the end of this arc.
This episode also does good job at developing Aston as a full character.

I chuckle abit when Mika give Orga some Mars palm. Guess Hush will get his wish granted.

People said Julietta is professional at work...and I'm totally disagree. She's good pilot, but is totally bold that remind me of a kid. I like her, just don't see what's professional with her attitude (and that's exactly why I like her). On the other hand, Rustal is indeed come off as worthy opponent to McGillis.
zetatype

Well that escalated quickly and it look like things are about to go to hell in a hand basket. There are death flags a plenty, but given Takaki's narration at the end Ihave a feeling he will make it through this. Right now its Aston and Fuka with the biggest targets on their backs. Mars branch is on their way but how long will the Earth branch be able to hold out?