The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk II

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Amion

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk

Well. This episode happened. I admit I did not see that coming. Not a mile away, not at ten miles, and I watched last week's episode just yesterday, so I feel like I should've. Alas, Tomino's become good at sneaking into the studio these days. :P
Spoiler
Rest in peace, Biscuit. Even though your last moments clearly weren't at peace. :? And now Orga has faced what Biscuit was warning him about. Oh the irony. Carta better get saved by McGillis, or that woman is as good as dead. I can't imagine how Mika could possibly allow her to escape in one piece.
Ok, so Carta is like a One Piece villain, ridiculous in her mannerisms, but reverts to startling clarity when she sees something tactical that needs doing. I admit she does come across as clearly inexperienced, so I think that's part of it. She's smart, and without having proper battlefield time her eccentricity is more... at the forefront, so to speak. Regardless, I think we can all agree she's just competent enough to be deadly.

At least she clearly held her subordinates in high regard, so she's not a dishonorable foe, just a special brand of crazy. :P
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Destiny_Gundam

Amion wrote:Well. This episode happened. I admit I did not see that coming
This whole episode beats you over the head with death flags so hard that you should be ashamed of yourself for not seeing it :lol:
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Amion

It's true, I have no excuse. Perhaps it laid it on so thick it covered itself up. :?
zetatype

Well....F**********

While I definitely didn't think this was coming based on last week's episode, once this episode started the death flags started popping up. I just didn't want to believe it, and hoped it was all just misdirection.

As for whats gonna happen to Carta, assuming that Mika doesn't tear her to pieces, its possible Tekkadan will take her as a hostage and use her to deter Gjallahorn from further attacks (she is technically nobility after all).
Kuruni

Spoiler
Poor Cookie and Cracker...
Is it just me, or they really make sure Eco's screentime is stand out?

Wow, Kudelia really grow up. From Nobliss to McGillis, now she learn how to pull the string back. She's pawn, but one that's important enough that the players want to keep her on board, and she know it.

So Barbatos' wrench isn't even its proper weapon? Really remind me of Gunleon.

Really, Carta and her men are mixed bags. They prone to make mistake that's outright stupid, but pack some nasty surprise.

Damn, Rebake look so cool in this episode.
Spoiler
I have to say, the big blow in this episode is very effective. To us, Biscuit's probaly one we care the most. To Tekkadan, he's their main strategist. So the impact is indeed big in both level.
Damn, I start to think that the only reason they spare Takagi back then despite all death flags was to make we lets our guard down.

Well, the next episode going back to no battle again. I won't complain in anyway, he deserve another episode for everyone to mourn.
My girlfriend was a loli.
lingabao

The use of that old closing theme really packed an emotional punch this time.

Also, before reading this thread, I'd never heard 'death flag.' But every time Orga said 'Let's discuss after we leave the island' made it pretty clear how things would turn out.

Curious to see if there will be repercussions of any sort for the Issue family. They may be the biggest of the Seven Stars but this kind of provocation (on earth, not on some colony) is surely bad publicity.
Amion

lingabao wrote:The use of that old closing theme really packed an emotional punch this time.

Also, before reading this thread, I'd never heard 'death flag.' But every time Orga said 'Let's discuss after we leave the island' made it pretty clear how things would turn out.

Curious to see if there will be repercussions of any sort for the Issue family. They may be the biggest of the Seven Stars but this kind of provocation (on earth, not on some colony) is surely bad publicity.
I should have known the moment Orga and Biscuit agreed to talk later. Guess I was in denial.

Maybe the Issue are all like Carta and don't mind her acting that way. :P
Destiny_Gundam

You should have known the moment his sisters went "GEE I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE OUR BROTHER AGAIN. SURE HOPE NOTHING HAPPENS TO PREVENT US FROM DOING THAT!" ;)
Wellman

Gotdangit!

The flags were all over but I was hoping they would subvert it.
Spoiler
R.I.P. Biscuit, you deserved a happy ending shame this show is now starting to go the opposite direction. There damn well better be another season.
YokozunaBulldozer

Wow. Just wow.
I am at a loss for words.
The action was abundant and the feels were plenty.
Probably one of the best episodes of this show.
Wellman wrote:Gotdangit!

The flags were all over but I was hoping they would subvert it.
Definitely.
By the time the first flag was planted it was already too late that I started crying like Troy from Community inside knowing it was inevitable.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
SNT1

Ouch. The feels was so bad that I didn't even notice Oruuufeenzzz was playing instead of ED2.
Spoiler
Body bag in preview just about proves it too.
I do believe Orga got a little cocky by showing themselves like that in the open after executing a pretty darn-near flawless plan. Not sure if that was part of the plan, but hey.

But the mobile suit battles are once again gritty and awesome, even if it was one-sided. Akihiro ruining the Ginyu formation with that shot was just great and I actually LOL'd. Rebake reminded me of Celestial Being's MS tricks. I wouldn't even say that Carta's team were incompetent per se, but was just outclassed once again by superior units with seemingly superior pilots (lots of dialogues pointing out the advantage of AV in this one). But Carta's all right with me, just the good kind of insane needed. I hope she holds on until the last episode :mrgreen:

I can only imagine the god-mode feeling one would get if they get the first mobile suit with a beam weapon.

A handful more episodes to go and we got another non-combat freaking filler fluff about feels? They should be ratcheting it up hard. At least we get updates on Mecha-Ein.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
phillosmaster

This episode sold me a Rebake model kit I think. That was pretty awesome. I'm sad about Biscuit, but they were foreshadowing that hard.
Even as we speak, the stealth bombers of the Brotherhood of Dada are swooping silently overhead. They’re using stealth bombs which level whole cities without even the slightest trace of noise or damage. Nothing remains of the world you knew and still you stand in the ruins, acting as if nothing has changed.
zetatype

Kuruni wrote: Damn, I start to think that the only reason they spare Takagi back then despite all death flags was to make we lets our guard down.
Pretty much this. I was really hoping that all of these death flags would just end up being a red herring for the purpose of making us sweat bullets. Hell, I was in denial up until the preview for the next episode.

Also, I was enjoying the battle so much that I had completely forgotten about the death flags and it wasn't until Carta charged at Biscuit and Orga that they all came flooding back to me.
BrentD15

It's hilarious how you guys talk about "death flags" as though they're a forgone conclusion. :lol:
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Amion

BrentD15 wrote:It's hilarious how you guys talk about "death flags" as though they're a forgone conclusion. :lol:
They're just rubbing it in our faces because they're so good at reading them. Pay them no heed, Brent. 8)
RyuseiDateSRX

Amion wrote:
BrentD15 wrote:It's hilarious how you guys talk about "death flags" as though they're a forgone conclusion. :lol:
They're just rubbing it in our faces because they're so good at reading them. Pay them no heed, Brent. 8)
Don't worry guys. I didn't pick up on Biscuit's death flags either. And you know what? It's a good thing! I was legit surprised and shocked Biscuit died. I'm glad I experienced the episode like that.
lingabao

Another interesting point ... Mika's reaction to Biscuit/Orga genuinely seemed like an emotional response to me. This in spite of his facial expression being largely unchanged.

Maybe it's just me projecting, but something about his words to Carta seemed like he was finally expressing a genuine emotion, and not simply following Orga as usual.
battletech

I've never considered Mika emotionless. More like muted or controlled emotions. He has emotions he just doesn't show them. He feels then he reacts in the best way he figures is best in a calm manner.
"The souls of Man are weighed down by gravity." - Char Aznable
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.-Clarke
Kuruni

Yes, remember his first encounter with Gali-Gali?

And the previous episode, it's clear that the fish scare him so much.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Destiny_Gundam

It's really nice for once to have Canada running one of the super powers instead of being absorbed by the US like it usually is.