The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk II

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Kuruni

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk

I think the foundation of their event are different enough. That episode of MSG is more or less reflect of how young soldier has his normal life ruined, so as bad a character Ms.Ray is, I think her RL version would be mother of Vietnam veteran who left her as a good-upright man but return with severe case of paranoia.

Now, Savarin seem to be salary man who think his life's going well but then this "revolution" coming which may disturb or even ruin his lifetime plan, and his brother is one of the people who bring it. I think he would be easier character for most of us to connect with, even if we may don't want to.
My girlfriend was a loli.
excalibur2008

Kuruni wrote: I guess we will get a classic conflict that's somehow rarely touch upon in Gundam sereis: the middle class citizens usually don't want revolution. They think they figure out everything and they're doing fine, not so great but everything is stable and they hope they will ascend to higher class or at least peacefully retire after years of hard work. Revolution mean social reconstruction and no more stability they get used to. And while they don't have power like higher class, they're numerous enough to be "norm" in most society.
Or they're educated enough to know that chances are the revolution can end up with the new rulers being just as bad or worse that the previous ones or that the new rulers can turn out to be incompetent boobs, so they don't want to bother.
YokozunaBulldozer

BrentD15 wrote:
YokozunaBulldozer wrote:"Amuro's Mom Full Bernian"
You have no idea how hilarious I find this. :lol:
So is it safe to say any parental/guardian figure in the mecha genre who is a jerk and disowns the character for "reasons" regardless of gender a Kamaria Ray?
Of course, we will have to wait and see how Biscuit and his brother handles the situation.
*by the way I misspelled Bernern wrong(I always thought it was Bernian or Vernian, but according to the gunpla kit boxes it is Bernern)
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Amion

excalibur2008 wrote: Or they're educated enough to know that chances are the revolution can end up with the new rulers being just as bad or worse that the previous ones or that the new rulers can turn out to be incompetent boobs, so they don't want to bother.
Maybe, but history has proven to us that status quo flunkies never win. The status quo is but an illusion of permanence during the slower steps in the Endless Waltz! Revolution is an inevitable force, and in not all cases are they bad or destined to end in disaster. In fact, the ones who don't partake in the victorious side's cause are usually the ones who suffer, for that very reason!

*Spreads hands at podium, with Revolutionary banner hanging in the background* Turn your cold coffee into anger, your cubicle into a worker cockpit! Sieg Kudelia! Sieg Kudelia! *Glances around office. Very slowly slides back down into cubicle* Err, and don't let the boss know about it!
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
battletech

So war finally comes to IBO. Will Tekkadan find itself as the spearhead of a revolution that has been thrust upon them for nefarious reasons?
"The souls of Man are weighed down by gravity." - Char Aznable
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.-Clarke
SNT1

Treating this as Season 1.5, and I like this episode, even if it had no mecha battle and too much animation wasted on Kudelia's kiss problem. This is the type of episode IBO needed, lots going on and like some people have already said, fecal matter quickly launched into an oscillating device.

It just occurred to me that the halls of their ship might just smell like my high school's locker room :shock:
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
BrentD15

YokozunaBulldozer wrote:
BrentD15 wrote:
YokozunaBulldozer wrote:"Amuro's Mom Full Bernian"
You have no idea how hilarious I find this. :lol:
So is it safe to say any parental/guardian figure in the mecha genre who is a jerk and disowns the character for "reasons" regardless of gender a Kamaria Ray?
Of course, we will have to wait and see how Biscuit and his brother handles the situation.
*by the way I misspelled Bernern wrong(I always thought it was Bernian or Vernian, but according to the gunpla kit boxes it is Bernern)
I thought by "Bernian" you meant "Bernard Wiseman".
Also, am I the only one who thinks that "Full Bernian" is actually "Full Vernier"?
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
zetatype

BrentD15 wrote: Also, am I the only one who thinks that "Full Bernian" is actually "Full Vernier"?
Well it probably should be. Every time I try to remember the name I think Full Vernier, becuase you know that was the whole point of the upgrade.
YokozunaBulldozer

zetatype wrote:
BrentD15 wrote: Also, am I the only one who thinks that "Full Bernian" is actually "Full Vernier"?
Well it probably should be. Every time I try to remember the name I think Full Vernier, becuase you know that was the whole point of the upgrade.
I used to go with Bernian since they use FB for the initials but recently found out on GP01 FB's RG kit they say "Bernern" so I guess that is official?

In other news, I think Soul Bro will like to hear that MAN WITH A MISSION, the band that sang the first Iron-Blooded Orphans OP, will be singing the new song for Street Fighter V.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
excalibur2008

Amion wrote: Maybe, but history has proven to us that status quo flunkies never win. The status quo is but an illusion of permanence during the slower steps in the Endless Waltz!
The Whiskey Rebellion, The US Civil War, and a few failed revolutions mentioned here:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-06-1 ... ed-history

say that isn't always the case.
in not all cases are they bad or destined to end in disaster.
Only just about the majority of real life ones in the past several decades, for specific examples see Communist China, Communist Russia, Nazi Germany, Fascist Italy, ISIS controlled parts of Syria and Iraq, and ect.
In fact, the ones who don't partake in the victorious side's cause are usually the ones who suffer, for that very reason!
In other words the new rulers being petty revenge minded asshats.
Amion

Wait, Nazi Germany was a rebellion? They won the elections, didn't they? They just had enough power to do as they pleased and reorganize everything.
excalibur2008

Amion wrote:Wait, Nazi Germany was a rebellion? They won the elections, didn't they? They just had enough power to do as they pleased and reorganize everything.
Yeah, when thinking about it that wasn't a revolution. But Spain and Italy became fascists dictatorships after revolutions so they probably work better.

But still the sad fact of the matter is that a large number of revolutions in the last several decades usually ended with tyrants and despots getting into power.
Kuruni

excalibur2008 wrote:
Kuruni wrote: I guess we will get a classic conflict that's somehow rarely touch upon in Gundam sereis: the middle class citizens usually don't want revolution. They think they figure out everything and they're doing fine, not so great but everything is stable and they hope they will ascend to higher class or at least peacefully retire after years of hard work. Revolution mean social reconstruction and no more stability they get used to. And while they don't have power like higher class, they're numerous enough to be "norm" in most society.
Or they're educated enough to know that chances are the revolution can end up with the new rulers being just as bad or worse that the previous ones or that the new rulers can turn out to be incompetent boobs, so they don't want to bother.
Sound too pretentious to me. Has Savarin pull "You're naive idealist." to Biscuit seem like something from Gundam SeeD rather than IBO.

Really, you're talk about same thing as me, the uncertain changes which will come after revolution. But you're focus on philosophic side while I'm more on what will happen.

There's differnt between "Thing is going to change and I'm learned enough to be skeptical that it might gone worse, so I will smack my brother for he is one of those who bring in that change." and "Thing is going to change and I might loss my job, so I will smack my brother for he is one of those who bring in that change." The first is indeed sound cooler, but as I said, also pretentious. While the second seem selfish, it's something many of us would understand.

There's also fact that earth sphere of PD world is politically stable for over 300 centuries, so any philosophy no matter how much you're educated will seem pretentious when used to counter someone who's starving for real.

Well, we'll see in the next episode. I just don't think the show will suddenly become more preachy.
Zeonista

Oh yeah, I should quit messing with video games and talk about shows I like. :)

New Credits: Woot! the first set was pretty awesome, but this new set doesn't hurt either, and goes along well with the progression of the show.
Sleepless Kudelia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXhNtXGnRI4
Digital 30sp plz: http://randomc.net/image/Gundam%20Tekke ... e%2005.jpg
Fumitan's Choice: The shopping trip turns out to be a lot more than hygiene related! It looks like Kudelia-hime dodged a bullet there. Now what to do...
Full Armor Gundam: Guzion, in all ways! :)
It shouldn't be all girls: Mika will get to strut his stuff again in front of the girls. Good for the shopping party, but now Orga doesn't have his ace at hand.
You guys stink: I concede the point to the girls. The society solely of men can be lacking in social graces. But add women, and the men bathe, shave, put on white shirts for dinner, and mind their manners. :D
Savarin: A brother who works in a corporation? How terribly convenient...for the game master, I mean. Whether or not Savarin wants to help, or truly likes his younger brother, he is in the wrong place.
You say you want a Revolution: "Machine parts" and other good standbys. But the Gjallarhorn trap failed to snare its intended prey. Oh well, power to the people and all that. Sieg Zeon, everybody ;)
*Spreads hands at podium, with Revolutionary banner hanging in the background* Turn your cold coffee into anger, your cubicle into a worker cockpit! Sieg Kudelia! Sieg Kudelia! *Glances around office. Very slowly slides back down into cubicle* Err, and don't let the boss know about it!
That's a good variation of my inner monologue at every job I've ever worked. :D

The status quo guys can triumph over the wild-eyed radicals. If the radicals fail to deliver on their promises, or morph into something scary beyond what was promised, then the bourgeoisie and skilled workers will stay home, or cheer on the forces of reaction. Or they may go along with the Revolution, but demand some concessions to keep things from getting too wild and free. Kudelia's learning experience is not over yet.

Kuruni: The story has been preachy from episode 1. Yea verily, it has been a jeremiad of ever increasing volume. Stability has been present in the Post-Calamity Era, but it was a stability born of exhaustion and survival dominating other concerns. But it's been three centuries and nothing has gotten better beyond Earth Sphere, or more properly Earth itself, so the system has gotten a bad case of the shakes. It may shake itself to pieces before too long...

This episode was the long-promised moment since Episode 3 when the spark catches and we have a flame of revolt. Now we get to see if Gjallarhorn can put out the fire before it can spread.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Kuruni

Zeonista wrote:Kuruni: The story has been preachy from episode 1. Yea verily, it has been a jeremiad of ever increasing volume.
Ahh, but so far the preaching is mostly based on what's going on, isn't it? All bit about family bond and such come from people who have part in it and so it's seem natural IMO. That's why I want something mundane from Savarin instead of "power alway corrupt so you better do nothing" talk with Biscuit (as I said, it would feel pretentious).
Zeonista wrote:Stability has been present in the Post-Calamity Era, but it was a stability born of exhaustion and survival dominating other concerns. But it's been three centuries and nothing has gotten better beyond Earth Sphere, or more properly Earth itself, so the system has gotten a bad case of the shakes.
And that's why I think Savarin has huge potential as exposition character if handle right. He's a middle class salary man living in earth sphere, a total mundane person. Think, when McMurdo mentioned Kudalia's movement can cause war to break out, at that point we only see Martian who're mostly live in poverty and elitist from Earth. So it isn't really a big deal for us audiences, Martians have nothing to loss and elitist live comfortable enough. But here we're likely going to see someone in the middle, whose life isn't so great but at least stable, and that is likely ruined if war break out for real.

Heck, he may not be a big jerk, just normal guy who might even agree with the revolution if only it would not mess his life. In RL, think of you working as the bottom of totem in some corporation (I'm pretty sure many of us know what it's like), then one day the government going to pass a new law that would lift the starndard of your industry (reduce environment damage, quality, whatever) and would cause huge impact on your department. There's good chance that you will have stress explosion. You're likely understand why they have to pass the law, but add the fact that people up there in your company may just have massive lay-off, you just don't want to see it pass. Analog to what we might got from Savarin, he know whay Martians need revolution, but can't they find other way that won't drag hin down?

Oh well, I think I got carried away with my speculation. So I will drop this subject until the next episode.
Amion

excalibur2008 wrote:
Amion wrote:Wait, Nazi Germany was a rebellion? They won the elections, didn't they? They just had enough power to do as they pleased and reorganize everything.
Yeah, when thinking about it that wasn't a revolution. But Spain and Italy became fascists dictatorships after revolutions so they probably work better.

But still the sad fact of the matter is that a large number of revolutions in the last several decades usually ended with tyrants and despots getting into power.
Yeah... considering I just paraphrased Ghiren, I'll give you one guess as to how I feel about that. :twisted:
excalibur2008

Amion wrote: Yeah... considering I just paraphrased Ghiren, I'll give you one guess as to how I feel about that. :twisted:
Yeah, but those types of guys also have a tendency to inspire revolutions against THEM.
Amion

excalibur2008 wrote:
Amion wrote: Yeah... considering I just paraphrased Ghiren, I'll give you one guess as to how I feel about that. :twisted:
Yeah, but those types of guys also have a tendency to inspire revolutions against THEM.
And I rest my case. :D
excalibur2008

Amion wrote:
excalibur2008 wrote:
And I rest my case. :D
Well no the old guy would probably be an oppressive bureaucrat indifferent to the revolutionaries suffering, but still running a stable society. Whereas the new guy would be an oppressive dumbass building an unstable dictatorship that even if some new guy doesn't kill him will probably collapse on its own leading to the type nightmarish post apocalyptic hell seen in a Mad Max movie.
Amion

And so the Endless Waltz. :)