The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk II

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Zeonista

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk

BrentD15 wrote:
Zeonista wrote:JDogindy: You have not gone out of your way to stomp on toes here, and we appreciate it. I would say that it is OK to post if you don't get it and want to know what all the fuss is about. It helps those of us who are fans articulate why we get into it and what makes watching it worthwhile. Hopefully something in a past or future episode will reach you and you will be able to appreciate the series. :)
I think that's what kinda gets lost in these online discussions.
We get so wrapped up in our own thoughts and feelings that we don't see things from a different point of view.
Hey Brent, long time no squeak.

I had a good Christmas so right now I am mellow and willing to indulge other people's opinions before telling them they are wrong. I have made some progress in the 15 years or so of online mecha anime discussion. Or maybe I am starting to act my age...but I doubt it. :D
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Kuruni

Zeonista wrote:
Kuruni wrote:Not to mention that according to the summary he posted above, it sound like a good chance to explore more of the setting to me, but there's next to nothing about it (what kind of mission they're on, and what's the motive behind protest, etc.) so I won't judge it before hand.
Apparently Kudelia-hime has become one hot potato for Gjallarhorn and the usual status-quo scumbags to handle. Thus Nobliss's lampshaded comment of ominous import... Well, the Brewers fell down on the job, and it is frikkin' obvious that Tekkadan is badass in a stand-up fight. So then, what if the next attempt is not a stand-up fight? Get some agents on a space colony, take advantage of some local trouble to get in close when Miss Spacenoid 2015 gets involved, then grab her, stuff her in the van and hit the gas. In episode 16 then Kudelia gets delivered to McGillis Fareed (sign here m'lord) and then we have an interesting story line headed for the season closer.
I'm a little more interest in Teiwaz's cargo and how/if it's involve with the protest. We might get a little demonstration of what might happen if Gjallarhorn fail to keep order and/or how far they're willing to go to keep it. Sure, there is protest going on Mars, but so far it's more of background, see it upclose as focus of the event might change something.

As weird as it seem, if Mackey isn't "in relationship" with Almiria I might go as far as ship him with Kudelia :D (blame Bahamut Lagoon, back when Square can sell something that doesn't include F alphabet). But since he is and the only way I can see him get out of it now is by fully become a Char, I don't want to (not to mention I encourage loli bride :mrgreen: ).
My girlfriend was a loli.
balofo

Next eps summaries(no titles yet for 16-18):
Spoiler
-15: The disparity between Earth and the colonies is also great just like Mars, worker protests intesify and Tekkadan gets involved
-16: Protests intensify making Gjallarhorn intervene, Kudelia is driven to the center stage unknowingly.
-17: Kudelia and Tekkadan witness Gjallarhorn's opression, Kudelia makes a decision(again? lel)
-18: After the colony ordeal Tekkadan finally will drop to Earth but the colony has lost the means to do it. Then, a certain someone contacts Tekkadan to help them.

There shroud be battles in 16 and 17.

Next arc should be the Earth drop, which shouldn't be easy since Gjallarhorn has lots of orbital bases around Earth.
BrentD15

Zeonista wrote:
BrentD15 wrote:
Zeonista wrote:JDogindy: You have not gone out of your way to stomp on toes here, and we appreciate it. I would say that it is OK to post if you don't get it and want to know what all the fuss is about. It helps those of us who are fans articulate why we get into it and what makes watching it worthwhile. Hopefully something in a past or future episode will reach you and you will be able to appreciate the series. :)
I think that's what kinda gets lost in these online discussions.
We get so wrapped up in our own thoughts and feelings that we don't see things from a different point of view.
Hey Brent, long time no squeak.

I had a good Christmas so right now I am mellow and willing to indulge other people's opinions before telling them they are wrong. I have made some progress in the 15 years or so of online mecha anime discussion. Or maybe I am starting to act my age...but I doubt it. :D
Well, I've been struggling to get the site to send e-mail notifications regarding replies.
Apparently, the hosting service might not like sending them to certain e-mail providers. :|
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Kuruni

balofo wrote:Next eps summaries(no titles yet for 16-18):
Spoiler
-15: The disparity between Earth and the colonies is also great just like Mars, worker protests intesify and Tekkadan gets involved
-16: Protests intensify making Gjallarhorn intervene, Kudelia is driven to the center stage unknowingly.
-17: Kudelia and Tekkadan witness Gjallarhorn's opression, Kudelia makes a decision(again? lel)
-18: After the colony ordeal Tekkadan finally will drop to Earth but the colony has lost the means to do it. Then, a certain someone contacts Tekkadan to help them.

There shroud be battles in 16 and 17.

Next arc should be the Earth drop, which shouldn't be easy since Gjallarhorn has lots of orbital bases around Earth.

Hmm...look like my previous post hit. Lets hope it's good.
Henyo

me and Dearest Mother still enjoy IBO. it's to the point that she asks me if a new episode is available.

BTW, what are your thoughts on the announced English dubbed cast? i'm certainly happy. more Johnny yong Bosch is always good.
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
balofo

Spoiler
show dropped, thanks Sunrise!
Amion

balofo wrote:
Spoiler
show dropped, thanks Sunrise!
Dare I ask what you mean, or am I being dense? :evil:

This episode. This episode was good. I enjoyed the developments and character interactions. Things are going well for developing Fumitan. Its clear we are in for a bigger character moment between her and Kudelia, if Mika doesn't put the choke on it first. :twisted: The boy must be a Newtype to be so sensitive to body language.

And he debuts next week!
Spoiler
The mask is donned, with a wig and a Code Geass twist!
Am I the only one who laughed at the ending preview? I thought it was hilarious with how they're going about this form of the trope. He's basically making fun of it. "Shall I change my voice. No, I shall not do that." *knowing grin*
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
balofo

I dropped the show, will only skim eps for mecha info/battles.

I've never seen a story this badly written...
BrentD15

balofo wrote:I dropped the show, will only skim eps for mecha info/battles.

Keep in mind that opinions are subjective.
If you didn't like the episode, that's okay. It's also okay if people did like the episode.
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Kuruni

Ok. I chuckled at Kudelia posture when she first appear.

Yeah, under Gusion's helmet is typical Gundam head. Hopefully some of whiners will shut up.

If this going on, Meribit will get memetic title as oba-san XD .

Good thing that Fumitan seem to choose Kudelia over Nobliss' order even if she still doesn't fully make her mind.

Ok. When I readed balofo's summary I didn't expect it turn out like this at all. Good set up for upcoming mess, clearly shit is about to hit fan. Although the next episode preview seem to focus on Biscuit's side. On the bright side, look like were going to see how average white-collar worker think of the whole thing instead for once.
balofo wrote:I dropped the show, will only skim eps for mecha info/battles.

Well, that's your right. I just want to point out that our message board has edit function and since your last two posts are exactly on same topic (the latter just add complain), it's better to edit the old one instead of post twice.

*EDIT* Oh wait, I think you second post is reply to Amion. Man, it really read like trolling on its own...
Destiny_Gundam

balofo wrote:I've never seen a story this badly written...
Wow, then you've either seen very few shows or you've only seen the really good ones if this is what you define as badly written.

It's extremely well written from a technical standpoint if nothing else. It still has yet to really engage me on an emotional level but that's a different matter.

When I saw masked man in the new opening I thought he was a new character but then the next episode preview doesn't even bother to hide his identity. Nice bit of self awareness there.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
zetatype

Well with today's new episode comes a brand new arc and its off to a solid start.

As expected Mika's kiss sends Kudelia's mind spinning and Fumiitan is indeed Nobliee's spy. Looks like in addition to being a servant Fumitian was sort of a teacher to Kudelia during her youth. Also biscuit has a brother...didn't see that coming.

Looks like Tekkadan is now trying to install the Whisker system they got from the Brewers onto the graze and it looks like Shino will be its new pilot. And the Gusion does have a Gundam frame. Maybe that new gundam in the OP is a slimed down Gusion.

Thought we were gonna get a rather slow build up episode, but to my surprise it didn't take long for shit to hit the fan.

While Fareed is out on vacation Ein and Gaelio go looking for trouble. Wonder if Fareed will be pleased about that.

And with today's episode comes the new OP and ED. Neither are as good as their predecessors but those were so good that I won't hold it against them. So far i'm liking the new OP. Good song, nice visuals, and we get a good glimpse at the mobile suits to come. Looks like everybody is getting a mid season upgrade. Originally I thought the masked guy was gonna be a separate character, but the preview for next episode shot down that idea. ED is ok, the song is decent but nothing in the visuals really stands out to me.
Ascension

Personally, I like the new ED better than the new OP. But yeah, looks like we have a wave of new characters and mecha incoming. It's an extreme remodel if so, but it does seem likely that the new Gundam seen with the Isaribi is a refit Gusion.

It won't last, but I appreciate Orga trying not to fight Gjallarhorn.

It'll be interesting to see if Kudelia's reaction to the revolution Nobliss seems to be trying to start in her name. I can't imagine she'll take it well, but...
Spoiler
...given those future episode summaries, maybe she tries to co-opt it?
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
phillosmaster

That was a great episode. With more suits now for Tekkadan to pilot, Earth in sight and a revolution starting in the Dort colonies I really wasn't expecting so much movement out of one episode. I got a pit in my stomach for Biscuit and his brother. Brother reunions appear to be ill fated in this series.

I'm still baffled by the negative comments, but everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Still my favorite Gundam since 00, and right now I'm enjoying this more.
Even as we speak, the stealth bombers of the Brotherhood of Dada are swooping silently overhead. They’re using stealth bombs which level whole cities without even the slightest trace of noise or damage. Nothing remains of the world you knew and still you stand in the ruins, acting as if nothing has changed.
Ryujin

Ascension wrote: It won't last, but I appreciate Orga trying not to fight Gjallarhorn.
I really enjoyed the part when the manure hits the ventilator and Orga's dawning realization that somebody's been shafting them & they're deep in over their heads and waaaay beyond their pay grades.

I have to wonder how deep the company Savarin's employed at is involved in this. The text was a bit indistinct at 720p, but the e-mail he was reading mentions an armed insurrection in progress at Dort 2, as well as anonymous sources regarding the situation & to watch out for Tekkadan shipping in weaponry.

Yet his conversation with Biscuit occurs before the mobile workers & small arms were even unpacked at the cargo warehouse. I guess we'll see next week.

Also, it's just a pet peeve of mine but it's been almost thirty years since Char's Counterattack, yet the type-3 colonies are still spinning way too fast for 1 g, assuming they're of the usual diameter.
YokozunaBulldozer

I personally am loving the new opening track by BLUE ENCOUNT.
Previous opening was fun but took a few days to liking it.
New op is nothing unique but the energy is on point.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Kuruni

phillosmaster wrote:I got a pit in my stomach for Biscuit and his brother. Brother reunions appear to be ill fated in this series.
Savarin does seem happy when he learned it's Biscuit, but his expression change the moment he heard his brother is with Tekkadan. I guess we will get a classic conflict that's somehow rarely touch upon in Gundam sereis: the middle class citizens usually don't want revolution. They think they figure out everything and they're doing fine, not so great but everything is stable and they hope they will ascend to higher class or at least peacefully retire after years of hard work. Revolution mean social reconstruction and no more stability they get used to. And while they don't have power like higher class, they're numerous enough to be "norm" in most society.
YokozunaBulldozer

Kuruni wrote:
phillosmaster wrote:I got a pit in my stomach for Biscuit and his brother. Brother reunions appear to be ill fated in this series.
Savarin does seem happy when he learned it's Biscuit, but his expression change the moment he heard his brother is with Tekkadan. I guess we will get a classic conflict that's somehow rarely touch upon in Gundam sereis: the middle class citizens usually don't want revolution. They think they figure out everything and they're doing fine, not so great but everything is stable and they hope they will ascend to higher class or at least peacefully retire after years of hard work. Revolution mean social reconstruction and no more stability they get used to. And while they don't have power like higher class, they're numerous enough to be "norm" in most society.
My question is will Savarin become "Amuro's Mom Full Bernern" or overcome his situation. Part of me hopes it gets resolved in some shape or form while the other says "DEATH FLAGS UP!".
Last edited by YokozunaBulldozer on Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
BrentD15

YokozunaBulldozer wrote:"Amuro's Mom Full Bernian"
You have no idea how hilarious I find this. :lol: