The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
RyuseiDateSRX

Re: The Official G-Tekketsu Anime Thread Mk I

Loving the look of G-Tekketsu.
Kuruni wrote:It seem to wear "mask" like Sengoku Astray.
Although it might be its actual face. Also, I think I see the traditional Gundam mouth vents. Just that most of it is covered by the bottom of the middle part of the V-fin, because of the angle they are showing the face.
Kyuzo Aoi

I'm sold with with the face design of G-Tekketsu! The next day, it would be a make or break moment.
I am a Gundam!
laj12387

RyuseiDateSRX wrote:http://g-tekketsu.com/

Image updated. Loving the look so far. I really do wonder if that's the suit at an incomplete state. There's just some parts of it that seem to suggest that, like the waist.
It has to be incomplete. Could you imagine bandai releasing a hg kit with a torso like that it wouldn't be able to hold its upper half up to save its life. Not to mention mg.

Loving the over all look of the new gundam
sdwoodchuck

Well the angle isn't perfect for looking at the lower torso. It could be that there's a central support column and the two smaller pistons are just the actuators. I agree it's unlikely, and that "unfinished" is the most plausible explanation, but something to keep in mind.

Or perhaps instead of swapping out backpacks, this Gundam swaps out its whole lower half.
RLZIII

sdwoodchuck wrote:Or perhaps instead of swapping out backpacks, this Gundam swaps out its whole lower half.
Maybe an expansion on the design philosophy of the AGE-1? The AGE-1 could swap out it's limbs and whatnot to become either the Titus or Spallow. Perhaps this idea will be expanded for this mysterious design.
SaintEvolution

G-Tekketsu design reminds me of Gundam Legilis, from Age.
RyuseiDateSRX

Oh yeah, what is the event exactly, where they will reveal the new Gundam anime? Where is it happening? I know it's Japan, but where in there?

Also, where will there be English stream?

Need details. Curious about the whole event that's gonna happen.
YokozunaBulldozer

RyuseiDateSRX wrote:Oh yeah, what is the event exactly, where they will reveal the new Gundam anime? Where is it happening? I know it's Japan, but where in there?

From what I see on their twitter account, seems like they will be doing a global stream of the presentation the moment counter hits 0.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
RLZIII

RyuseiDateSRX wrote:Oh yeah, what is the event exactly, where they will reveal the new Gundam anime? Where is it happening? I know it's Japan, but where in there?

The reveal will likely be like most other Gundam reveals: line art and info blurbs for most main mobile suits and characters, general story background, maybe a video. The reveal will be live streamed with an English interpreter. Afterwards, a recap video, also subtitled, will be released and it is assumed that most of the info will be available on the website (http://www.g-tekketsu.com).

The reveal happens at 12:00 PM (noon), July 15th Japan time. That translates to 8:00 PM on July 14th Pacific Time, 10:00 PM Central, and 11:00 PM Eastern. Don't follow the countdown on the website as it's wrong unless you're in Japan's timeline.

EDIT: I found this link on Reddit to show the time in your timeline: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/f ... T12&p1=248
Arbiter GUNDAM

Also the Gundamn! crew will be doing their own commentary stream at the same time, starting at 10:45 EDT.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Amion

It looks awesome. That head would almost be worth any torso funkiness going on.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Mark-II

The look is great. I have oodles of respect for Okawara, but it's high time for a new take after all the Build Fighters designs, Reconguista aside. I share everyone's observations on the waist, which was one of the first things I noticed once it was revealed. Making an affordable gunpla of that design would be tough indeed, so I'm guessing it's some sort of open-hatch mode... Or maybe there's an unseen structure behind it, somehow?

Moreover for myself, the design seems to be indicative of a less military and more super robot type of motif. I tend to prefer the former, but I'd be okay with it regardless of context as long as there's SOME uniformity among the mecha designs in a series. One of the things that really annoyed me in Reconguista was how every MS seemed to be from a different designer, even with in the same faction; I like to think that there SHOULD be a commonality to a faction's hardware, inasmuch as you could pick out an American or Japanese or German or Russian fighter plane by its general aesthetics. In Reco I got the impression that all the MS were picked out of a toybox filled with military and super robot designs from a dozen different franchises without rhyme or reason.

<rant over>

Story-wise, I'm intrigued by the implications of the Tekketsu name. The history of the WWII project seems ripe for re-interpretation in a Gundam story context, and if true I'd love to see where they take what may be a dark chapter in military strategy, regardless of its justification at the time.

Mark-II
RyuseiDateSRX

Thanks everyone!

Also, huh? If it's gonna happen at 12PM Japan time, then that's only in a few hours. For all of us including Japan. But the site says there's 12 hours left, which is more.
laj12387

RyuseiDateSRX wrote:Thanks everyone!

Also, huh? If it's gonna happen at 12PM Japan time, then that's only in a few hours. For all of us including Japan. But the site says there's 12 hours left, which is more.
The website is using your global location as the count down time not Japan's time.

Also what exact website is the live steam going to be on?
RyuseiDateSRX

Ah, I see! Thanks! About 4 hours left! Hype!

And yeah, I really wanna know where the live stream will be.
Kyuzo Aoi

Now only an hour left in NY Time.
I am a Gundam!
Deacon Blues

I think everyones time is borked... it's telling me: 15 hours and 15 minutes...
Outlaw

Well, looks like it's getting started.

Edit: Oh cool, english simulcast.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Destiny_Gundam

Man, this translator chick is kinda bad...

Also the stream keeps freezing.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."