The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk

https://twitter.com/SoulBroRyu/status/6 ... 5498084352
Join SoulBro and fellow Gundam fans and let's watch some Gundam! Tonight at 10:45 EST :)
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Amion

Akihiro couldn't use the Vjnana system because they intended to sell the Graze he was piloting and it didn't have the system installed. He should be using it next episode or a little after.

And the aforementioned system was designed for a worker in space, so the Whiskers were just coming into their own when Mika sortied in space.

He also had some issues at first, not using thrusters because they're not part of human biology, and got damaged before he noticed he wasn't transferring the info the way he should be. So it's not like he faired particularly well. If not for Akihiro he'd have bee easily captured or killed, and his only real success was killing the incompetent weasel. Even his trademark Macelance maneuver didn't serve to end the fabulous Galileo.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Kuruni

Deathzealot wrote:[...]In other Gundam series we have it starting on Earth then ending on Earth (bear a few exceptions like AGE)[...]
Few?

MSG, Z, ZZ, Seed, Destiny, Age = Start in space colony, end in space.
G = Start on Earth, end in space colony
X, 00 = Start on Earth, end on moon

No.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Chris
Administrator

Amion wrote:Great episode, but some of the quality is lacking. I'm probably wrong to say this, but I feel like Bandai didn't give as big a budget to this show so it could allocate funds to Thunderbolt. Maybe that's no so, but if TB turns out to be a regular release series versus OVA like Unicorn, then I will stand by my suspicions that they took some of the budget money and decided to split it between the shows versus focus on a single, high quality product.
So you'd rather just assume something is true based on exactly nothing? Most TV anime is produced under very tight deadlines, so it's standard to have substandard scenes for broadcast that get fixed later for the home video release. There's nothing going on with Thunderbolt.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Deathzealot

Errr...Opps. I meant the opposite starting in space, and then ending in space. Gah. Stupid.
Deacon Blues

So the moon was messed up, eh? Does this mean the Calamity War was really the incident with the moon in Aldnoah Zero? :P
DeganUAB

Deathzealot wrote:[...]In other Gundam series we have it starting on Earth then ending on Earth (bear a few exceptions like AGE)[...]
Deathzealot wrote:Errr...Opps. I meant the opposite starting in space, and then ending in space. Gah. Stupid.
Age started and ended in space so how would it have been an exception?
Now is the time for mankind to stand up for the future.
Mythgarr

Amion wrote:
[Mika] also had some issues at first, not using thrusters because they're not part of human biology, and got damaged before he noticed he wasn't transferring the info the way he should be.
Strange that the same system is also being used to control the mobile workers, non-humanoid vehicles with wheels and probably micro-thrusters.
Visit The Dreams
Kuruni

I guess that...

1. with fewer moving parts (and lack of the nano armor), there need to be less controling as well.

2. people tend to overlook something they get used to. In MW, the whole thing is so different from your body that you alway aware that you're comtroling machine. But Barbatos, make Mika feel like he's moving his own body and fact that it's machine with thrusters might slip from his mind in heat of battle.
YokozunaBulldozer

Episode 5 was great to see. The fights were nice and the way they got things rolling was just fun to watch.
So far Mika does not disappoint and I like how he does not feel like a blatant Heero ripoff but just more of a chill and calm dude who gets the job done.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
BrentD15

So, what's the overrall consensus on this show so far?
From what I'm hearing, it seems pretty positive.
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Amion

So far so good. Now that we've reached the five episode point we may see either more or fewer followers. If it keeps its momentum then there's little worry for a solid show. I just hope it can, since this episode for some reason lent a slowing down to the development. Might have to do with the large degree of fighting.
SonicSP

BrentD15 wrote:So, what's the overrall consensus on this show so far?
From what I'm hearing, it seems pretty positive.
I'm loving it so far. Great characters (the main characters anyways), great mecha info, good background setting.

Animation can be off sometimes but I'm loving it. Best Gundam show I've seen in a long while (so far at least, we still have a ways to go).
Zeonista

Episode five moved into space with nary a missed step. Great action, plot development, and a little unexpected symmetry on both sides.

Triangle in Space: Arta signs on as cook, morale increase +1. The Snack Pack has done their work. :)
Greedy Short-Sighted Bastards: The bane of both sides, if this episode is to be believed. However, the abundance seems to have bred caution!
The only guy not there: Kind of gave away Mika's location, and the fact that Orga was ready for shenanigans. ;)
We're here too!: Akihiro & Eugene got cool moments this episode, proving that Tekkadan is a true group effort.
Out the airlock: Beecha Syndrome will not be tolerated in this anime! :D
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Mythgarr

Kuruni wrote:I guess that...

1. with fewer moving parts (and lack of the nano armor), there need to be less controling as well.

2. people tend to overlook something they get used to. In MW, the whole thing is so different from your body that you alway aware that you're comtroling machine. But Barbatos, make Mika feel like he's moving his own body and fact that it's machine with thrusters might slip from his mind in heat of battle.
He used the thrusters on the ground, right?
But maybe yeah, since moving in space is quite unrestricted, maybe Mika was too comfortable moving like a living being and not a machine inside Barbatos.
Visit The Dreams
Amion

Again, remember that he only used the thrusters shortly in his battles against Crank and the others, and even ran out of fuel and had to stop relying on them.

Worse, as you say, being in space is different. He's weightless, the Whiskers are giving different data, and we already know it causes brain hemorrhaging or something close. No doubt the weightless sensation left him disregarding vernier use at first, since while on Mars he had gravity to remind him how heavy he was and the need to rely on that extra push to get and stay airborne.

Because he's not an ace yet, his combat instincts probably got a bit confused on all these points and just didn't use thrusters to dodge correctly. We see him using his verniers, just not efficiently until Chocolate San pings him clearly on the main backpack thruster to alert him of this. Which was actually rather thoughtful, truth be told. McGillis could have capitalized on that more than he did.
balofo

-ep 7「いさなとり」: Tekkadan contacts Teiwaz's transport division Turbine, however a battle erupts
-ep 8「寄り添うかたち」

it seems Barbatos will get upgraded to form 4 in ep 8
nacho-wan

Deacon Blues wrote:So the moon was messed up, eh? Does this mean the Calamity War was really the incident with the moon in Aldnoah Zero? :P
Yeah I though the same thing. But I don't think the moon status is going to be more than backgroun flavor though; with 24 episodes we won't be getting a moon arch imho.

I'm hoping for some submarine cramped-style episodes for the next two weeks when they get the Isibiri along the Earth. That should be a bit different from most Gundam shows, as their ships are far more confortable.

Does anybody thinks that Akihiko managed to pick another damaged Graze? Maybe the Mars Colonel's
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
Mythgarr

I wonder how long until they hijack a much bigger and much comfortable ship with their cunningness?
Visit The Dreams
Kuruni

I don't want to.

Isabiri is fitting ship for small humble group like Tekkadan. Not so fancy, not much of firepower, but has thick front armor that allow them to hold on in ship fight...and we all know that in sci-fi story, fancy spaceship are incredible vulnerable to older ship's desperate ramming.